• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That's the sound of All Hell breaking loose soon

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i don't doubt that the Broncos will contend - they are both talented and deep enough to do that. i believe it is more the exception than the rule to win it all with mediocre to poor QB play.

Even with Oz - certainly with the available replacements - the Broncos only figure to be marginally better at QB next season. Better is better, but it does not necessarily mean mediocre all the way to good/great - better.

If they run a little better and QB a little better - and match scheme to capabilities - that's good because any net gain by the offense gives the defense additional license to attack and produce turnovers.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Integral pieces or not, you don't want to overpay. I think Malik will price himself out of Denver, and I suspect we won't miss him as much as some think. We may even have his replacement on the roster already. This is why you establish that talent conveyor belt. If a vet wants too much money, his replacement is waiting in the wings.

Elway seems to be a guy who doesn't overpay though. If Oz wants more than $15 MM, he'll likely be on another team if he's even offered that much.

I agree that Jackson is almost certainly gone. Someone on here posted this week the possibility of moving Williams to DE and starting Kilgo at NT. That idea is also mentioned here:

Broncos Who Should See Their Role Expand

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Oz - certainly with the available replacements - the Broncos only figure to be marginally better at QB next season. Better is better, but it does not necessarily mean mediocre all the way to good/great - better.

If they run a little better and QB a little better - and match scheme to capabilities - that's good because any net gain by the offense gives the defense additional license to attack and produce turnovers.

Maybe you're right. I certainly do not expect Oz to fire off 5,000 yards and 40 TDs. I think that he will be good though. I think it'll make a difference with him going through a complete off season as the starter. I think he can hit 4,000 passing yards and maybe 24-27 TDs. Limiting the INTs will be key but he wasn't a train wreck on those.

I'm more concerned with the team getting better O-line play. I think that will fix a lot of things on the offense. Upgrades at RB are vital. Hilman is not going to be back, but Anderson will be. I keep banging the Alfred Morris drum and will continue to do so as long as it's a possibility.

I'm excited about the offense next year. I think this is going to be a much improved unit closer to the 2003-2005 offenses. Not the #1 unit in yards or scoring but pretty darn good. And opposite this defense that'll be good enough.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, virtually every dynasty had a formidable defense. In many cases the most overlooked aspect of those teams. Including the Brady Pats (especially his first 3 titles) and ALL of those 49ers teams. Which really had a dynamic defense during their entire dynasty run that lasted from 1981 to the end of Youngs career.

All of them. Many cases the offenses got the Lions share of the credit.

I get your point, but the fact is the Broncos won it with perhaps the worst QB play for any SB winning team and that includes the 2000 ravens and 2003 Bucs.

I mean the shittiest QB I have ever witnessed for a SB champion.

damn, you can't even let it go on the weekends, LMAO.

you must be a 24/7/365, equal opportunity, hater of PM.

Now that is some obsession...

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, you can't even let it go on the weekends, LMAO.

you must be a 24/7/365, equal opportunity, hater of PM.

Now that is some obsession...
Yet, it still remains the truth. Pissed?

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol hardly. Unlike you I don't let a jock run my life as you seem to do.

Have a nice rest of the day. It's beautiful outside!
Apparently, you do let a jock run your life. Just got back playing 18. Shot an 82.

Probably going fishing and tomorrow I am diving. Deep sea, if you want to know.

What are you doing in <snicker> Oklahoma?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow state smack, how impressive.....

Oh ya your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been on a deserted island Ken ? :)

Pretty much. Been trying to get a 100 year old house ready to sell since last Nov.1. My wife and I have spent nearly every day and night either working on it ourselves or I've been playing general contractor with various sub contractors. Everything from a complete overhaul of the heating system, installation of 24 new windows to installing new ceilings and lights. When I do get to read, it's usually a little dated.......sorta like me.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. Been trying to get a 100 year old house ready to sell since last Nov.1. My wife and I have spent nearly every day and night either working on it ourselves or I've been playing general contractor with various sub contractors. Everything from a complete overhaul of the heating system, installation of 24 new windows to installing new ceilings and lights. When I do get to read, it's usually a little dated.......sorta like me.
BigProject - maybe you should change from BigKen! Seriously, congrats on the work, I'm sure it will pay off for you.