• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That was fun while it lasted

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jays have slumped themselves out of a big cushion in first place and now trail Balitmore.

When the season started, I didn't have much hope, but I did hope they would get the bulk of their wins early rather than later. When they pile up their low win total with late season victories, it's psychologically worthless. But when the bulk of their 70-odd wins come early, we can have some fun and pretend they are relevant for a while.

So at least that's what they did here.

I think we can still pretend for a while too.

This was a team that should have known they were a player or two away and made moves to acquire someone. Oakland did that and landed Smardjza in a coup of a trade.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the injuries are coming too. We can try to stay in it, but other teams are playing better ball now, and our pitching is mediocre at best. Stroman is probably our best pitcher right now.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto needed Jeff Samardzija more than Oakland. I'm pulling hard for you guys but you don't have the pitching you need.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bats have fallen asleep. Losing EE is obviously huge, and having lost Joey Bats for a bit was not good, but it's no excuse for going 0 for 20 against Oakland in the series with RISP.

They need to GET RID OF COLBY RASMUS. I've been saying this since the day the got him. He's useless and wasting space on the roster. Always has been, always will be. He's the Brandon Morrow of the offense...the "great potential" label should no longer apply as an excuse for his terrible play. An OBP of .270? Ridiculous.

They've been linked to trade rumors about getting Aaron Hill back (oh, the irony) or Martin Prado. Both those guys would help. Send Rasmus to AZ to get one of them! Kevin Towers IS dumb enough to do it.