• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TGIF

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we be talking about Ryan Braun instead??

:laugh3:

Because of what went down recently, I am pretty sure that Paul Goldschmidt is not looking forward to facing Brewers pitching anytime soon.

Payback may be a'coming.....

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1323897134283.jpg

she needs to take the seat off!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it's too early for Machado to make a move like this. But, what do I know?

It’s not exactly ideal timing considering his recent suspension and overall struggles this season, but Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has his own brand of salsa coming out, to be revealed Tuesday.
Here’s more from the Baltimore Sun:
The salsas, which come in mild and medium flavors, will be available exclusively at area Giant stores, and appears to be a limited run.
The salsa is a product of PLB Sports, which appears to have the market cornered on celebrity-endorsed food products. Their client list includes Patriots’ star Rob Gronkowski (Gronk Flakes), Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia (black bean salsa), and Steelers’ Brett “The Diesel” Kiesel salsa.
Not really a great sign for a salsa when it comes in only “mild” and “medium.”

Machado? I thought that said nachos. Gotta be honest... I stopped reading after that.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado? I thought that said nachos. Gotta be honest... I stopped reading after that.

LOL

I just question a kid getting this kind of deal after only 3/4ths of a good MLB season.

Thinking of nachos, there were at least 2 parks this spring in AZ that sold nachos out of the plastic batting helmets we all had as kids. One even had a 12 scoop ice cream sundae in that helmet.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of what went down recently, I am pretty sure that Paul Goldschmidt is not looking forward to facing Brewers pitching anytime soon.

Payback may be a'coming.....

Thought the same thing brother. I can't believe Gibson would be that much of a douche castle to throw at Braun only to load the bases with nobody out and face the Brewers best hitter. Putting his team in a bad situation just to satisfy his personal dislike for Braun seems like a petty thing to do - especially from the manager.

Oh well. How did that work for ya Gibby? Asshole.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the same thing brother. I can't believe Gibson would be that much of a douche castle to throw at Braun only to load the bases with nobody out and face the Brewers best hitter. Putting his team in a bad situation just to satisfy his personal dislike for Braun seems like a petty thing to do - especially from the manager.

It seems that most are seeing this as we do. I have not heard one bit bad about the D-Backs pitcher on this.

And, I have long been a Gibson fan. But, his act is wearing thin on me, as he takes the whole macho man thing to an unplesant level.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for you sir -

Reds left-hander Tony Cingrani was one of the best pitchers in the league last season as a 23-year-old rookie, throwing 105 innings with a 2.93 ERA and 120 strikeouts, but he missed time with back problems down the stretch and has struggled this season.
Last night he walked in the game-winning run against the Pirates and today the Reds demoted Cingrani back to Triple-A.
If healthy he has nothing left to prove in the minors, as Cingrani had a ridiculous 1.15 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 31 innings at Triple-A before being called up in 2013, but his health is very much in question and the Reds weren’t comfortable letting him work through any issues versus big-league hitters. He’ll no doubt be back in Cincinnati soon, because Cingrani remains a huge part of the Reds’ long-term plans.
To replace him on the roster the Reds called up career minor leaguer Jumbo Diaz, a 30-year-old reliever who’s listed at 6-foot-4 and 315 pounds. More importantly Diaz has a 1.35 ERA at Triple-A this season after posting a 1.66 ERA there last year. He certainly deserves a chance to show that he’s for real.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On that note -

The Brewers and Diamondbacks got into a plunking war earlier this week. Or at least the Diamondbacks did. The Brewers don’t typically play that game. As Adam McCalvy reports, the Brewers are usually last or near last in hitting opposing batters with pitches even when they are being hit a lot.
This is no coincidence. Ron Roenicke says that it’s part of his philosophy:
“We try to pitch the way we should pitch. We don’t throw at people. There’s a time you have to pitch inside to get people out. Good hitters you have to pitch inside. So that’s what happens.
“I’ve seen teams get hurt by it, yes. But I don’t think it’s part of the game. Just pitch. Get people out.”

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c97650f0-f8aa-11e3-a28f-dd60814cec97__Lunar_Trout_Profile_large.jpg

Baseball players aren't basketball players, so getting your own signature shoe is a pretty big deal. Mike Trout has one now, as Nike unveiled Friday, making the Los Angeles Angels star outfielder the first MLB star to get his own shoe from Nike since Ken Griffey Jr.
That's not bad company, when it comes to both on-the-field prowess and off-the-field style.
The shoe is dubbed the Nike Lunar Vapor Trout, which doesn't roll off the tongue like Air Jordan, nor does it look as fly as those Griffeys from the '90s. It kind of looks like a Popsicle, actually. But it's an accomplishment all the same for Trout, still all of 22 years old. (By the way, Derek Jeter had his own signature shoe through the Jordan brand, not Nike, if you're wondering why he's not included in this discussion).

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c97650f0-f8aa-11e3-a28f-dd60814cec97__Lunar_Trout_Profile_large.jpg

Baseball players aren't basketball players, so getting your own signature shoe is a pretty big deal. Mike Trout has one now, as Nike unveiled Friday, making the Los Angeles Angels star outfielder the first MLB star to get his own shoe from Nike since Ken Griffey Jr.
That's not bad company, when it comes to both on-the-field prowess and off-the-field style.
The shoe is dubbed the Nike Lunar Vapor Trout, which doesn't roll off the tongue like Air Jordan, nor does it look as fly as those Griffeys from the '90s. It kind of looks like a Popsicle, actually. But it's an accomplishment all the same for Trout, still all of 22 years old. (By the way, Derek Jeter had his own signature shoe through the Jordan brand, not Nike, if you're wondering why he's not included in this discussion).

Thats one ugly shoe :omg:

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did brock die?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance, ya Putz!

J.J. Putz has allowed opponents to hit .529 off him in five appearances since coming off the disabled list two weeks ago and today the Diamondbacks decided they’ve seen enough, designating the veteran reliever for assignment.
Prior to struggling this season Putz posted a sub-3.00 ERA in four consecutive years and saved 32 games for the Diamondbacks as recently as 2011. He’s also being paid $7 million this season, but Putz has always struggled to stay healthy and at 37 years old the last-place Diamondbacks obviously don’t see the upside in giving him a chance to get back on track.
None of the other 29 teams are going to touch his contract on the waiver wire, but it’s possible the Diamondbacks could find a taker via trade if they eat nearly all of his remaining salary. And if not Putz should be able to latch on somewhere as a middle reliever once Arizona releases him.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TGIF! That's what's printed on the top of all dumb people's shoes & stands for: toes go in first