• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tFinal BCS National Championship Game: Florida State vs. Auburn

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much luck as Awburn has anything is possible. Lucky bastards shouldn't be in the top 10 let alone the NCG.

But yah FSU and Winston will most likely train r*pe them.

lol what a joke. not in the top 10? lol.

ohio state 0-1vs the top 10

if any team should be out of the top 10...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all admit that the system actually worked this year? At the end of the day, we get the two most deserving teams

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sakau - not Ohio State related - what do you think about the questions I posed in the opening post to the thread? This matchup is so out of nowhere we haven't even heard any commentary on it up to this point. How do you see the matchups on offense/defense on both sides?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol what a joke. not in the top 10? lol.

ohio state 0-1vs the top 10

if any team should be out of the top 10...

We have 1 loss to a top 5 team probably

Awburn's loss was to a top 25 team. Also should of lost to two unranked teams. So hence the not top 10

GL getting skull dragged :suds:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sakau - not Ohio State related - what do you think about the questions I posed in the opening post to the thread? This matchup is so out of nowhere we haven't even heard any commentary on it up to this point. How do you see the matchups on offense/defense on both sides?

sakau? Are you able to have normal football-related conversation? I'm trying here...

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think auburn's secondary will be challenged and so will
fsu's run defense. if the TO and special teams are played to a draw then whichever one of those 2 units does the best against their opponent's strength will win the game

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 1 loss to a top 5 team probably

Awburn's loss was to a top 25 team. Also should of lost to two unranked teams. So hence the not top 10

GL getting skull dragged :suds:

auburn has as many wins over the top 25 as ohio state and all of their opponents combined. lol.

lol at ohio state.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think auburn's secondary will be challenged and so will
fsu's run defense. if the TO and special teams are played to a draw then whichever one of those 2 units does the best against their opponent's strength will win the game

Well I have to apologize, I missed that you finally responded.

What about FSU's run game? It isn't elite but it's still pretty good.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Auburn deserves some credit here we did after all win the games. If Alabama was playing FSU no one would be on here saying that FSU was going to kill Alabama they might pick FSU but no one would be predicting a slaughter.

My contention is this if Auburn can beat Alabama, Texas A&M, Missouri and a pretty dang healthy Georgia then we are at least in the ball game and have a legitimate shot. If you don't think so that is your prerogative but it shows a lack knowledge on the football side.

Many of the games people point to were real early in our season and Nick Marshall had only been on campus for less than six weeks (LSU game, earlier for MSU) and knew only 25% of the offense. The coaches now have a month to get him ready and the guy was 9 for 11 passes in the SEC Championship game (a stat a lot of people will miss) so he has something to build on.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stuff about FSU:

Their average margin of victory so far has been 42.3 points.

Their closest game was against Boston College where they only won by 14 pts.

Their Biggest blowout was against Idaho (66 pts) and biggest blowout against an AQ team was vs Maryland (63 pts).

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Auburn deserves some credit here we did after all win the games. If Alabama was playing FSU no one would be on here saying that FSU was going to kill Alabama they might pick FSU but no one would be predicting a slaughter.

My contention is this if Auburn can beat Alabama, Texas A&M, Missouri and a pretty dang healthy Georgia then we are at least in the ball game and have a legitimate shot. If you don't think so that is your prerogative but it shows a lack knowledge on the football side.

Many of the games people point to were real early in our season and Nick Marshall had only been on campus for less than six weeks (LSU game, earlier for MSU) and knew only 25% of the offense. The coaches now have a month to get him ready and the guy was 9 for 11 passes in the SEC Championship game (a stat a lot of people will miss) so he has something to build on.

Dude Auburn run blocks the edge incredibly well. If they are able to maintain there blocking schemes and Gus goes all Gus and continues to be Alpha creative with his formations, loved the unbalanced sets against Mizzou, it might be enough to get it to the 4th with a close game.
A huge disadvantage for Auburn is that FSU has a month to prepare for them.
FSU is very creative with there play calling on Offense.

I am a total homer for teams that get super creative with their offensive formations and personnel sets.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very valid points. Marshall has been getting better, no doubt. I also have to point out that, in the ACC CCG, Winston looked awful in the first half until he finally got in a groove. I think that was largely due to the fact that he was able to since they were playing Duke. One of their plays in particular, I remember him literally standing still in the pocket for what seemed like 10 seconds and he still didn't complete his pass. He was overthrowing guys horribly. If he does that vs. a real team like Auburn, they could dig a pretty big hole.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a month off is good for FSU but bad for Auburn? Got it.

If the game is close, I think Auburn will win. If we can't get pressure on Winston, our secondary will get shredded and it could be ugly. I'm not worried about being able to score, though. FSU has not been tested and Auburn made it close against Alabama and Missouri by running straight at them - it's not like the D was expecting it. Just couldn't stop it. The AU strength went up against their strength on D and came out ahead.

Will be interesting.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little known fact. FSU has given up 5 rushing TDs all season. None of those TDs were given up by the 1st string. They may give up yards between the 20s like BC and Miami, but they build a wall inside the red zone.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a month off is good for FSU but bad for Auburn? Got it.

Remains to be seen: You think of Nick Saban and giving him a month to prepare for a title game, and most have seen he finds ways to deeply prepare for and beat opposing teams.

Nobody yet knows how Gus will do in such a situation, because nobody has seen him in it.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saku or Wild Turkey, either one of you up for an av bet?

Also, just just want to post the rankings of offense and defense so we can compare them
Offense:
Category FSU Auburn
Points/game 53.0 (2nd) 40.2 (12th)
Total yds/game 529.4 (6th) 505.3 (11th)
Pass yds/game 322.0 (14th) 169.6 (107th)
Rush yds/game 207.4 (28th) 335.7 (1st)
TDs 90 (1st) 69 (8th)

Defense:
Category FSU Auburn
Points/game allowed 10.7 (1st) 24.0 (38th)
Total yds/game allowed 268.5 (3rd) 423.5 (88th)
Pass yds/game allowed 152.0 (1st) 260.2 (104th)
Rush yds/game allowed 116.5 (16th) 163.2 (64th)
TDs allowed 17 (1st) 37 (46th)

So we have the 14th Pass offense vs the 104th Pass defense and the 16th rush defense vs the 1st rush offense. Will be interesting. The only rushing team that FSU has really played was BC and we saw how that turned out (however, FSU was not using their usually line up and had a few starters out on defense and were trying different schemes).