• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

texico donghorns facing ncaa scrutiny

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie is cleaning up the "undisciplined" stuff, no?

My understanding from Texas posters on these threads is that a massive overhaul of the way things were done in Mack Brown's program is underway. Isn't that cleaning things up?

I think you're contradicting yourself?

If you'd have watched as many of the games, like all of them, in the last four years, you'd understand why there had to be a 'massive overhaul..." at Texas. I mean, anyone who watched those teams knows there was something wrong.

I have not said 'cleaning it up' though to anyone, I guess because I don't see that. I see a coach coming in and saying 'you will be held accountable, for everthing' and meaning it.

MB would stand there and, God Bless him, tell us that the players 'were going to be held accountable' and 'they have to play to the Texas standard', so many times, it just went in one ear out the next with me, and sure as hell the players, because no one was ever held accountable when they played like shit.

Think the new coach is just showing that, no speaches and no bullshit: here are the things I want you to do, if you don't do them, that tells me you don't want to play here.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you'd have watched as many of the games, like all of them, in the last four years, you'd understand why there had to be a 'massive overhaul..." at Texas. I mean, anyone who watched those teams knows there was something wrong.

I have not said 'cleaning it up' though to anyone, I guess because I don't see that. I see a coach coming in and saying 'you will be held accountable, for everthing' and meaning it.

MB would stand there and, God Bless him, tell us that the players 'were going to be held accountable' and 'they have to play to the Texas standard', so many times, it just went in one ear out the next with me, and sure as hell the players, because no one was ever held accountable when they played like shit.

Think the new coach is just showing that, no speaches and no bullshit: here are the things I want you to do, if you don't do them, that tells me you don't want to play here.

Pelini is the same as MB regarding the rhetoric. "We work on turnovers in practice". "We teach them but they don't execute". "Practice went well this week". yada yada..

My favorite Pelini quote is.... "Contrary to what you guys think, I haven't forgotten how to coach defense and how to stop the run.".

The quote was made Oct 2nd 2012 after beating Wisconsin in Lincoln. He had been facing criticism for the defense giving up 230 yds rushing on average, including 344 to UCLA in week 2.

Nebraska promptly gave up 371 yards rushing at Ohio State the following week (Oct 9th) in a 63-38 loss. :L