• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

texico donghorns facing ncaa scrutiny

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, I was just sending it back...but, yes, it was not one of my better moments.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, now...we all know that Texas does no wrong and that compliance rules are judged against what the Short Horns do...

You wanna hate the Horns, fine. As you should and ditto. However, hating us because we have been a clean program recently is pretty lame. That's the 1 thing I really hope Charlie maintains from Mack's legacy. Like him or not, Mack ran a clean program. From what I've seen from Charlie so far, (i.e. kicking off 7 players in 2 days), he will do the same.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, it's bad- but look who I took it from and intended it for, the original plorstr...

You OBVIOUSLY have no idea in who you're dealing with Junior.

I'LL TYPE YOU IN THE FUCKING THROAT JACK! I'LL TYPE A MUDHOLE IN YOU AND THEN WALK IT DRY! I'LL TYPE YOU SO HARD YOUR MOMMA WILL WANT A CIGARETTE AFTER I'M DONE! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW BRAH! I AM A MOTHERFUCKING, TITTYSUCKING GODDAMNED INTERWEB PHENOMENON AND HAVE BEEN SINCE YOU WERE HELPING DORA GET TO LEMONDROP MOUNTAIN BISH!:gaah:
angrynerd.jpg

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You OBVIOUSLY have no idea in who you're dealing with Junior.

I'LL TYPE YOU IN THE FUCKING THROAT JACK! I'LL TYPE A MUDHOLE IN YOU AND THEN WALK IT DRY! I'LL TYPE YOU SO HARD YOUR MOMMA WILL WANT A CIGARETTE AFTER I'M DONE! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW BRAH! I AM A MOTHERFUCKING, TITTYSUCKING GODDAMNED INTERWEB PHENOMENON AND HAVE BEEN SINCE YOU WERE HELPING DORA GET TO LEMONDROP MOUNTAIN BISH!:gaah:
angrynerd.jpg

Uh, okay. Shit, I wasn't even trying to upset anybody's day...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, if you're that upset, we can just meet at the RRSO and discuss.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna hate the Horns, fine. As you should and ditto. However, hating us because we have been a clean program recently is pretty lame. That's the 1 thing I really hope Charlie maintains from Mack's legacy. Like him or not, Mack ran a clean program. From what I've seen from Charlie so far, (i.e. kicking off 7 players in 2 days), he will do the same.

If Mack ran a clean program, why is Charlie having to clean so much up?

Just sayin'...

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, if you're that upset, we can just meet at the RRSO and discuss.

It was all in good fun Sir.

But I'll kindly take you up on your offer!:suds:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was all in good fun Sir.

But I'll kindly take you up on your offer!:suds:

I thought it was funny, but you never know...

Absolutely cant wait for October and football, cant come soon enough! :suds:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mack ran a clean program, why is Charlie having to clean so much up?

Just sayin'...

Clean and undisciplined are separate issues. Lazy can thrive in clean programs, probably more so than in dirty ones

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO...which is why CS is kicking so many off...

Oh, wait....there is a difference between 'clean' and not giving a fuck about the coaches or the program

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean and undisciplined are separate issues. Lazy can thrive in clean programs, probably more so than in dirty ones

Charlie is cleaning up the "undisciplined" stuff, no?

My understanding from Texas posters on these threads is that a massive overhaul of the way things were done in Mack Brown's program is underway. Isn't that cleaning things up?

I think you're contradicting yourself?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie is cleaning up the "undisciplined" stuff, no?

My understanding from Texas posters on these threads is that a massive overhaul of the way things were done in Mack Brown's program is underway. Isn't that cleaning things up?

I think you're contradicting yourself?

You would think that. You know damned well what the difference is between a clean program and less than stellar work ethic from recruits.

Strong is getting rid of the guys not buying into his system, plain and simple.

So either you are being a dumbass on purpose or are simply a douche. Which is it?

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that. You know damned well what the difference is between a clean program and less than stellar work ethic from recruits.

So either you are being a dumbass on purpose or are simply a douche. Which is it?

I know what the "D" stands for...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Distracting?
Dimwitted?
Donghorn?

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little coloumn A, a little column B.:yahoo:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agent tweeted of March dinners with four current Longhorns | CollegeFootballTalk

Agent tweeted of March dinners with four current Longhorns

Posted by John Taylor on July 16, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
Mississippi v Texas
And the plot thickens. Or the ship gets deeper. One of the two.

Tuesday brought word that Texas was facing NCAA scrutiny after it self-reported a pair of current but unnamed Longhorns had meals paid for by an NFL agent, a bylaw no-no. Now, as first reported by Orangebloods.com and subsequently confirmed by the Austin American-Statesman, it’s been found that a St. Louis-based agent, Justin Bingman, tweeted back in March of having dinners with four Longhorn football players.

And, unbelievably, Bingman tweeted them out by name at the time: defensive end Cedric Reed, defensive tackle Desmond Jackson and linebackers Steve Edmond and Jordan Hicks (pictured), all between March 22 and March 24. The tweets have since been deleted, but, through the magic of copy-and-paste, the American-Statesman has saved them for posterity’s sake:

“Just had a great dinner with @Ced_Reed88 He and his dad are great guys!” Bingman tweeted on March 22.

“Had dinner with @TexasBoy99tank and his Dad last night. They are both great guys and looking forward to the next time,” he tweeted about Jackson on March 23.

The next day, Bingman tweeted, “Had dinner with @SteveBigMoney33 last night, MLB for Texas. We all had a great time with many stories. #Longhorns”

Bingman’s next tweet read: “Just had dinner with a great young man that is going to do great this year for Texas @JHicks_3 #Longhorns #LonghornsNation”

Bingman, incidentally, is the agent for former UT offensive lineman Mason Walters. All four of the players mentioned by Bingman are seniors.
... and the NCAA cleared the players of any penalties.
Texas says two players cleared by NCAA in agent incident - NFL.com
Defensive linemen Desmond Jackson and Cedric Reed, the latter a possible first-round pick in 2015, were also reportedly mentioned in tweets by the same agent that might have prompted the original investigation. At Big 12 Media Days, Reed told reporters that he was 100 percent cleared and that the matter was being handled by the Texas compliance office.