• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas @ So Cal 8:30 ET FOX

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've never understood the fixation on that blown call by so many people tho. It was in the first half.......and with 6 minutes to go in the game, USC held a 12 point lead.

Not being able to close out the game defensively is why they lost, no more, no less. This thought that VY's knee being down would have changed anything is laughable considering they didn't stop him all game......he'd have just scored on the next play anyway

Agree. Also, I'd say that not converting on 4th and 1 on a play that Texas hadn't stopped all night, had a lot to do with it too.

I think the fixation is simply because it was such a bad missed call. Only thing I can think of.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Also, I'd say that not converting on 4th and 1 on a play that Texas hadn't stopped all night, had a lot to do with it too.

I think the fixation is simply because it was such a bad missed call. Only thing I can think of.
Is it just me or did you start cursing at the TV. For all the flash backs. When SC was stopped on 4th and goal? Call me superstitious but after a while with all the talk of that game. I put this one on mute to watch the rest :L

Any update on Gustin? Last I heard he may have a torn bicep now

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or did you start cursing at the TV. For all the flash backs. When SC was stopped on 4th and goal? Call me superstitious but after a while with all the talk of that game. I put this one on mute to watch the rest :L

Any update on Gustin? Last I heard he may have a torn bicep now

According to this mornings paper, he had an MRI on Sunday that revealed that his right bicep is strained. Doesn't require surgery, but does require rehab. Helton said that he's 50-50 at best to play against Cal.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this mornings paper, he had an MRI on Sunday that revealed that his right bicep is strained. Doesn't require surgery, but does require rehab. Helton said that he's 50-50 at best to play against Cal.
Glad to hear its a strain.I tear would have been the end of his season no matter how tough he is.And that's saying a lot.Playing right after having the screws inserted in his foot was pretty bad ass mo.Can't say I would be surprised to see Gustin on the field vs Cal. Cam Smith having his dislocated finger popped back in.And getting back on the field a few plays later was pretty bad ass too.Hoping to see the WR's step up and a better game from SC tho.Cal's looked pretty impressive so far

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear its a strain.I tear would have been the end of his season no matter how tough he is.And that's saying a lot.Playing right after having the screws inserted in his foot was pretty bad ass mo.Can't say I would be surprised to see Gustin on the field vs Cal. Cam Smith having his dislocated finger popped back in.And getting back on the field a few plays later was pretty bad ass too.Hoping to see the WR's step up and a better game from SC tho.Cal's looked pretty impressive so far

Yeah, those dislocated fingers hurt like a motherfucker. I only know one thing that hurts worse. When I was in 8th grade, I broke my finger playing football at recess. I didn't know it was broken and a friend of mine says: "It looks like it's just dislocated. I know how to fix it."

So my dumb ass says: "Cool. Do it so we can get back to playing."

That hurt worse than anything I've felt in my life.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those dislocated fingers hurt like a motherfucker. I only know one thing that hurts worse. When I was in 8th grade, I broke my finger playing football at recess. I didn't know it was broken and a friend of mine says: "It looks like it's just dislocated. I know how to fix it."

So my dumb ass says: "Cool. Do it so we can get back to playing."

That hurt worse than anything I've felt in my life.

Yeah I've done that too.And it definitely sucks.The worst thing I think I've ever heard.Was the sound of one of the other kids playing's.Collar bone cracking when he hit the frozen ground.All you could do was cringe. Hoping these injuries taper off and some of the SC players can get back on the field.Theyve fortunately had some p[layers step up so far.Rector came up huge last game. Levy may get more snaps.He looked pretty good when he got in last week imo