• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas @ So Cal 8:30 ET FOX

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah me too and at my age, I can't afford to age any faster. :suds:

I know. That last 91 yd drive by Texas to go ahead, then the overtimes, I kept walking into the bathroom, splashing water on my face, and praying.

Man, just not sure I can go through that week after week.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. That last 91 yd drive by Texas to go ahead, then the overtimes, I kept walking into the bathroom, splashing water on my face, and praying.

Funny, but true!!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, if the Horn's defense can play that good every week, they will win their fair share of games this season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Almost as epic as the NCG, but not quite because there was considerably less at stake.

That Texas defense is legit. I kept thinking..."Texas is just playing over their heads and our o-line will wear them down and we'll win the game going away."

About halfway through the 3rd quarter, it was pretty obvious that they weren't going to wear down and this was going to be a dogfight to the end.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucks sake if we had an offense this game would have been a beat down of epic proportions.

Gotta disagree here. Your offense had the same problem our offense did...the other teams defense was really good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas didn't have the ball first though which is why I agree with his post. USC had the ball first in the first OT. I would have went for 2 if I was Texas. Even said it in the game thread also

And if they went for 2 and failed...they lose the game and everyone is talking about how stupid it was to go for 2.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Trojan fans get sick of seeing the Vince Young TD run? HIS KNEE WAS DOWN !

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they went for 2 and failed...they lose the game and everyone is talking about how stupid it was to go for 2.

I highly doubt it. As @Hornsstampede2.0 said the longer the OT goes on, the better team is likely to win. Texas were the huge underdogs in a true road game. Outside of some stupid Texas fans, most would have been totally fine with them going for 2 and missing. The chances of them beating USC if this game went to a 2nd, 3rd, 4th OT, or etc was extremely slim.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Trojan fans get sick of seeing the Vince Young TD run? HIS KNEE WAS DOWN !

Did you see the interview with him and Leinart? Even VY says his knee was down. lol

Personally, I don't really worry too much about that. It wasn't the reason we lost. I can think of a couple of self inflicted wounds (the Bush lateral being one) and at least one play where Texas' defense stopped a play they hadn't stopped all night, that had a helluva lot more to do with us losing than VY's knee being down.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt it. As @Hornsstampede2.0 said the longer the OT goes on, the better team is likely to win. Texas were the huge underdogs in a true road game. Outside of some stupid Texas fans, most would have been totally fine with them going for 2 and missing. The chances of them beating USC if this game went to a 2nd, 3rd, 4th OT, or etc was extremely slim.

I'm not convinced that we are that much better than Texas. I think a lot of folks read way too much into the Maryland game.

The only true advantage we had going into the overtimes was that we were at home and we have Darnold.

I don't doubt at all that they would be criticized if they went for 2 and didn't make it. Having said that though, it would have been one of those calls where if they make it, it's genius...if they don't, it's stupid.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the interview with him and Leinart? Even VY says his knee was down. lol

Personally, I don't really worry too much about that. It wasn't the reason we lost. I can think of a couple of self inflicted wounds (the Bush lateral being one) and at least one play where Texas' defense stopped a play they hadn't stopped all night, that had a helluva lot more to do with us losing than VY's knee being down.

I didn't see the interview. I didn't think he would ever admit that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced that we are that much better than Texas. I think a lot of folks read way too much into the Maryland game.

The only true advantage we had going into the overtimes was that we were at home and we have Darnold.

I don't doubt at all that they would be criticized if they went for 2 and didn't make it. Having said that though, it would have been one of those calls where if they make it, it's genius...if they don't, it's stupid.

I was on board with them going for 2 before they scored that TD but I don't think you can really kill them for not going for 2. Texas fans must remember they were on the 2 yard line in the 2nd OT getting ready to score points before that unfortunate fumble so it isn't like the offense was struggling in their final 3 possessions of the game. They were actually moving the ball easily so I see why he may not have want to go for 2

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the interview. I didn't think he would ever admit that.

To be fair, he didn't come right out and say it, instead, when Leinart brought it up, he just gave one of those, "I got away with one and I know it" smiles. lol

When they were talking about it with Wannstedt, etc. during halftime though, Leinart said that if they called VY over, he'd admit it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucks sake if we had an offense this game would have been a beat down of epic proportions.
If the USC receivers hadn't drop passes that were right in their hands, USC would have won by at least 14 points. Both teams played great defense last night.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened: knee doesn't get called. Horns score td. Rush to do PAT and miss it, USC has time for half-ending fg.

Top 3 scenarios if knee gets called down and it's 1st down at 11.
A. Horns score quick td, make pat, USC scores fg. +1 horns.
B. Horns take time to score td and pat. Usc has no time for fg. +4 horns.
C. USC holds horns. Horns score fg. No time for USC fg. +-0

Knee not being called helped USC.

Tired of explaining this to dunces for over a decade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened: knee doesn't get called. Horns score td. Rush to do PAT and miss it, USC has time for half-ending fg.

Top 3 scenarios if knee gets called down and it's 1st down at 11.
A. Horns score quick td, make pat, USC scores fg. +1 horns.
B. Horns take time to score td and pat. Usc has no time for fg. +4 horns.
C. USC holds horns. Horns score fg. No time for USC fg. +-0

Knee not being called helped USC.

Tired of explaining this to dunces for over a decade.

Agree. Like I said, it wasn't the reason we lost. It just makes for a way to razz Texas fans a little. I don't know as that I agree that it helped USC, but it definitely didn't hurt us, imo. The only reason anyone talks about it is because it was so obvious.

As far as affecting the outcome of the game...negligible at best.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on board with them going for 2 before they scored that TD but I don't think you can really kill them for not going for 2. Texas fans must remember they were on the 2 yard line in the 2nd OT getting ready to score points before that unfortunate fumble so it isn't like the offense was struggling in their final 3 possessions of the game. They were actually moving the ball easily so I see why he may not have want to go for 2

I agree. To be honest USC's defense looked tired late.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been discussion about USC getting 4 timeouts. The refs did say USC timeout 4 times, but they were mistaken. 1 of them was for an official timeout, so it was only 3.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Like I said, it wasn't the reason we lost. It just makes for a way to razz Texas fans a little. I don't know as that I agree that it helped USC, but it definitely didn't hurt us, imo. The only reason anyone talks about it is because it was so obvious.

As far as affecting the outcome of the game...negligible at best.

Yeah I've never understood the fixation on that blown call by so many people tho. It was in the first half.......and with 6 minutes to go in the game, USC held a 12 point lead.

Not being able to close out the game defensively is why they lost, no more, no less. This thought that VY's knee being down would have changed anything is laughable considering they didn't stop him all game......he'd have just scored on the next play anyway