• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I mean technically it hangs on the bulk of the lineup having solid careers, whoever is a part of it.

What I meant was that a lot of people like Jared romanticize Gallo as some sort of mythological being that should be here no matter what, or that he's some sort of crucial ingredient that is needed for the Rangers to succeed. Or that he should be here when they do because he's "paid his dues" or some such.

He's not the piece you start with, in a proverbial "putting a team together" sense. I think a lot of Rangers fans feel that way about him, though.
I think a lot of that was simply because, as fans, we were given so little to put our hopes in. That is certainly not the case any longer.

If we sign Suzuki, would you be opposed to an outfield of Suzuki, Garcia and Gallo for 2022, or are you opposed to Gallo under any circumstances.? Joey could even hit leadoff.

Gallo
Suzuki
Seager
Semien
Garcia
Lowe
Jung
K. Calhoun et al
Trevino, Heim

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of that was simply because, as fans, we were given so little to put our hopes in. That is certainly not the case any longer.

If we sign Suzuki, would you be opposed to an outfield of Suzuki, Garcia and Gallo for 2022, or are you opposed to Gallo under any circumstances.? Joey could even hit leadoff.

Gallo
Suzuki
Seager
Semien
Garcia
Lowe
Jung
K. Calhoun et al
Trevino, Heim

Now I am, yes.

Had Gallo signed the extension we offered him, I would have been OK with that. Wouldn't have been my preference but I could have lived with it. And then assuming will still make the moves we make and also land Suzuki, then yes I am good with an OF of Suzuki, Garcia, and Gallo.

But I don't want to trade pieces away to bring back Gallo, for several reasons. He's still going to be a FA after 2022 and I don't want to deal with that. If we're going to trade pieces away, we can do better than Gallo. We would look pretty dumb trading back for him since we already had him. And obviously, I don't think he's a good long term option in the lineup.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you all might like this :D

You can see who Boras thought was going to be the "big" sucker in the room...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I am, yes.

Had Gallo signed the extension we offered him, I would have been OK with that. Wouldn't have been my preference but I could have lived with it. And then assuming will still make the moves we make and also land Suzuki, then yes I am good with an OF of Suzuki, Garcia, and Gallo.

But I don't want to trade pieces away to bring back Gallo, for several reasons. He's still going to be a FA after 2022 and I don't want to deal with that. If we're going to trade pieces away, we can do better than Gallo. We would look pretty dumb trading back for him since we already had him. And obviously, I don't think he's a good long term option in the lineup.
like K. Marte or Cedric Mullins

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about this?

Sure, I would be willing to see what Nick can give us. He should be fairly cheap and his stats show a major improvement since going to Japan. I think there is a good chance that he will put up better regular season numbers than Colby did when he returned.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I would be willing to see what Nick can give us. He should be fairly cheap and his stats show a major improvement since going to Japan. I think there is a good chance that he will put up better regular season numbers than Colby did when he returned.
WS game 3, 2010 Colby is nice too.....

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I called dibs on Reddit, so he's as good as ours.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this do anything for anyone?
just to see what they want i'd offer 3 of the following:

Isiah Kiner Falefa SS/3B
Kolby Allard LHP
Nick Solak 2B
Jose Trevino C
Sherten Apostel 3B/SS
Yohel Pozo C

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never get the media-love for IKF. Just to justify keeping IKF in the lineup, some are starting to believe that Jung is not ready yet.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to see what they want i'd offer 3 of the following:

Isiah Kiner Falefa SS/3B
Kolby Allard LHP
Nick Solak 2B
Jose Trevino C
Sherten Apostel 3B/SS
Yohel Pozo C
I might give up Howard and the two newly acquired spare OF.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to trade for Gallo with any of our prospects at least none of any consequence.
Don’t like the idea in a year we still are up in their about getting Gallo on final year.
Now maybe one if our 49 man guys. Maybe