• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought with no back up: I have often wondered if top notch players re Rendon etc do not want to play with teams with the Odors and Guzmans of the world. Seems they would prefer teams with better balance that would give them hopes of winning. Like I said ,just a thought.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand you thinking that way. But it is possible that they have given him ample time to right himself that if it doesn't get any better they realize it is a lost cause and it is time to do something different. Or we can hope. I also hope Woody has power to do what needs to be done to make that move. If he hits like he did last year again this year I just think they will have to do something based on the article.
I don't doubt they would remove him from the lineup after a prolonged slump. I just think he would get his job back very easily. They never really addressed that part of it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought with no back up: I have often wondered if top notch players re Rendon etc do not want to play with teams with the Odors and Guzmans of the world. Seems they would prefer teams with better balance that would give them hopes of winning. Like I said ,just a thought.
Until we offer a player market value and the years that the market is giving that player, then we will have no way of finding out if a given player will come here or not.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan had an information-filled Spring Training article, so I went ahead and started a Spring Training thread and posted that information there.

If you guys want to, we can keep using this thread until the day before ST starts.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan had an information-filled Spring Training article, so I went ahead and started a Spring Training thread and posted that information there.

If you guys want to, we can keep using this thread until the day before ST starts.
Thanks....Well I am hoping the Off season and the moves that happen are not done. But what can be done that is reasonable?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD squandering opportunities we may be getting a reputation for being cheap. It may be why players and their agents are being leery of coming here. That may be a hard thing to change.

Now on to new thread!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think that has anything to do with it. It's all about money and other factors. Even when we had good teams we lost out and some of that was the weather and not a sexy place like NY, Boston and LA.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think that has anything to do with it. It's all about money and other factors. Even when we had good teams we lost out and some of that was the weather and not a sexy place like NY, Boston and LA.

michael Young has said so himself that we missed out on so many free agents because of that sweatbox we used to play in.

the rangers team was amazingly good from the end of 2009 or so until probably the beginning of 2013.

tons of players probably would’ve been interested if we weren’t heat waving people to death.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michael Young has said so himself that we missed out on so many free agents because of that sweatbox we used to play in.

the rangers team was amazingly good from the end of 2009 or so until probably the beginning of 2013.

tons of players probably would’ve been interested if we weren’t heat waving people to death.
Agree 100%

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At that, we almost got Cliff Lee and we did get Beltre. Did we offer top dollar to any other MLB free agent and have them turn us down since Beltre signed?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At that, we almost got Cliff Lee and we did get Beltre. Did we offer top dollar to any other MLB free agent and have them turn us down since Beltre signed?
Greinke?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD probably has a reputation for being cheap league wide by now.
That is probably why Boras was so quick to dismiss the Rangers when we only offered Rendon 6 years

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers soon offered him a six-year, $96 million deal to take him away from Boston. Yes, in Adrián Beltré’s remarkable career, the Mariners and Rangers outbid the Dodgers and Red Sox for his services. Weird.

And Beltré in Texas? Oh, it was beautiful. It was glorious. Over the next seven seasons, he hit .308/.360/.517, won three more Gold Gloves, played in the World Series, etc. And when people started adding up all the numbers through all the years, wow, it was like compound interest. Where did thesenumbers come from

Article re Beltran in Athletic

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3