• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failure to resolve the Odor/Choo ordeal has done more to blemish his job than his failure to land the big fish. Why would he be expected to build the team while at the same time he allows the Odor fiasco.:L
Don’t forget the Prince Fielder trade. They did not ask for a physical.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan says: "I expect the Rangers to have big-time aspirations for 2021 and beyond. Betts, Francisco Lindor and Javier Baez are franchise-altering talents. Even if they add a contract like Arenado for this year, I expect them to heavily pursue those free agents."

As the great Gomer Pyle used to say, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

Ah yes Evan trying to sell more online subscriptions to the paper he works for, lol...

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking up Minor and Lynn were finger crossing hopes. Just like Smyly and other spares that haven't panned out. If he were smart he would be selling high before they regress to their mean. That's how you restock the farm system.

Instead he keeps selling the idea that "we can compete with this roster" when everyone knows we can't. So the result is year after year of draft picks between 9 and 15 and never really getting better. No one wants to be average every year.
Don't think Lynn and Minor were finger crossing to the extent of our TMJ retread pickups were....

He kind of sold high on Brett N, Kela, Profar, Martin and now maybe Clase.

You confuse JD rhetoric with reality. No one in their right mind thought we would compete last year even though we were in it close to the break...then that is when we regressed to the mean.....I get it... you don't like our GM...
You just conveniently leave out things to keep your mantra alive. No worries though.. plenty of company on this board who probably see it your way

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t forget the Prince Fielder trade. They did not ask for a physical.
Trade that changed our franchise but for the record they did have physicals. Obviously not one as rigorous as needed. The late Durrett reported it.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failure to resolve the Odor/Choo ordeal has done more to blemish his job than his failure to land the big fish. Why would he be expected to build the team while at the same time he allows the Odor fiasco.:L

Last year was a rebuild... we shall see how Odor does the first 30 days... the board first condemned Gallo while I advocated patience. Odor of course has had multiple chances but I think one LAST one is in order. Odor has little value in the trade market and Choo seems to make everyone skeptics. While here he has been one of our top 2 hitters despite being overpaid. Still, I hope he gets moved.
Weirdly enough I have more faith in Odor hitting abilities than Guzman

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Um, he’s not wrong. I mean, technically it’s hyperbole because Chris Davis is worse. But Rougned Odor finished DEAD LAST among all major league qualified batters in 2019 in both batting average and on base percentage. And even with his “slugging” factored in, he had the 12th worst OPS in baseball last year. He was also a -0.3 WAR in the field. And he made over $8 Million.

Again, Chris Davis was worse from a WAR perspective and especially from a value standpoint. And perhaps if you cross-referenced all stat lists with salary lists you could find a few others as bad or worse than Rougie.

But he was at the bottom of the barrel now matter how you slice it. He was awful.

Yes and Andrus had a lower OPS than Odor and made 7 million more a year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, he’s not wrong. I mean, technically it’s hyperbole because Chris Davis is worse. But Rougned Odor finished DEAD LAST among all major league qualified batters in 2019 in both batting average and on base percentage. And even with his “slugging” factored in, he had the 12th worst OPS in baseball last year. He was also a -0.3 WAR in the field. And he made over $8 Million.

Again, Chris Davis was worse from a WAR perspective and especially from a value standpoint. And perhaps if you cross-referenced all stat lists with salary lists you could find a few others as bad or worse than Rougie.

But he was at the bottom of the barrel now matter how you slice it. He was awful.

I just get tired of generalized and exaggerated statements, they are common around here and society.... everything is the "worst" if we don't like it

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's probably terrible offense or defense at 3B next year, pick your poison