• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. The position was worth only 0.3 WAR in 2019. Arenado would fix that right up, and he would also be the big right-handed stick the Rangers need alongside Joey Gallo in the middle of their lineup.

Shin-Soo Choo, Elvis Andrus and Rougned Odor have problematic contracts the Rangers might be willing to offload. Choo is the surest thing of the three right now. But with his contract up after 2020, he'd bring zero long-term upside to the Rockies.

Instead, they might prefer Odor and the $36.9 million remaining on his deal through 2022. Though he's been worse than a replacement-level player in two of the last three seasons, he's still only 25, and his 30-homer power might become 40-homer power in Colorado.

The Rockies could otherwise try to strong-arm the Rangers into coughing up 21-year-old catcher Sam Huff, who checks in at No. 73 in MLB.com's top 100. An MLB-ready pitcher such as 23-year-old lefty Brock Burke would be a nice capper.

The Package: 2B Rougned Odor, C Sam Huff and LHP Brock Burke

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade that changed our franchise but for the record they did have physicals. Obviously not one as rigorous as needed. The late Durrett reported it.
This is the first time I ever heard someone dispute the lack of a physical. If they did give him a physical it must have been by some quack doctor from South America. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a rebuild... we shall see how Odor does the first 30 days... the board first condemned Gallo while I advocated patience. Odor of course has had multiple chances but I think one LAST one is in order. Odor has little value in the trade market and Choo seems to make everyone skeptics. While here he has been one of our top 2 hitters despite being overpaid. Still, I hope he gets moved.
Weirdly enough I have more faith in Odor hitting abilities than Guzman
Just a minute there. I was the leader of the patience with Gallo stance. You aren't trying to rob me of my rightful title are you?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a rebuild... we shall see how Odor does the first 30 days... the board first condemned Gallo while I advocated patience. Odor of course has had multiple chances but I think one LAST one is in order. Odor has little value in the trade market and Choo seems to make everyone skeptics. While here he has been one of our top 2 hitters despite being overpaid. Still, I hope he gets moved.
Weirdly enough I have more faith in Odor hitting abilities than Guzman
That isn't weird at all. JD has shown more faith with Odor than Guzman as shown by playing time and contract. It would be weird if you didn't line up with JD.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. The position was worth only 0.3 WAR in 2019. Arenado would fix that right up, and he would also be the big right-handed stick the Rangers need alongside Joey Gallo in the middle of their lineup.

Shin-Soo Choo, Elvis Andrus and Rougned Odor have problematic contracts the Rangers might be willing to offload. Choo is the surest thing of the three right now. But with his contract up after 2020, he'd bring zero long-term upside to the Rockies.

Instead, they might prefer Odor and the $36.9 million remaining on his deal through 2022. Though he's been worse than a replacement-level player in two of the last three seasons, he's still only 25, and his 30-homer power might become 40-homer power in Colorado.

The Rockies could otherwise try to strong-arm the Rangers into coughing up 21-year-old catcher Sam Huff, who checks in at No. 73 in MLB.com's top 100. An MLB-ready pitcher such as 23-year-old lefty Brock Burke would be a nice capper.

The Package: 2B Rougned Odor, C Sam Huff and LHP Brock Burke
Lol

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a minute there. I was the leader of the patience with Gallo stance. You aren't trying to rob me of my rightful title are you?

Sorry, You will have to share that title

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler's agent: Surprised by blockbuster

Here you go. Thinking there was no MRI but not sure
"Franklin said he hasn't heard from the Tigers, but that could be because the deal isn't official until both players have passed physicals."

He said it could be that. There is nothing to say Prunce ever took one. He may have gotten a rushed one, but this article doesn't say he did.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not impossible just difficult. he would have to waive it
Choo would too, but you acted as if it was a foregone conclusion rhat players don't waive those. Kind of a double standard going on.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, You will have to share that title
I don't remember you helping me argue with Romeo that it wouldn't ruin Gallo to come up when he did. Seems like I was on an island.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Franklin said he hasn't heard from the Tigers, but that could be because the deal isn't official until both players have passed physicals."

He said it could be that. There is nothing to say Prunce ever took one. He may have gotten a rushed one, but this article doesn't say he did.

Prince Fielder dealt to Rangers for Ian Kinsler

From Tigers standpoint

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember you helping me argue with Romeo that it wouldn't ruin Gallo to come up when he did. Seems like I was on an island.

Must we look and validate this? When Gallo was stinking it up with all those strikeouts, I was exercising patience while he spent time to gigure it out... you should remember this. Hoping bad Odor has finally figured something out

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must we look and validate this? When Gallo was stinking it up with all those strikeouts, I was exercising patience while he spent time to gigure it out... you should remember this. Hoping bad Odor has finally figured something out
I remember you being patient then. I just beat you to the punch as I was advocating for him when he first came up. I will be glad to let you be vice president if the club though.