• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I asked you before whose bench spot he would take you refused to give me an answer and told me I was pushing things too much.

I refused...haha. Why don't we let spring training play out... I think Odor should not be released immediately but let's see how he does. A lot of things can happen between now and March.

No one has addressed my point about the whole infield having a terrible year but you guys want to park on Odor. Guess that is you guys choice unless you choose to call it refusal.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refused...haha. Why don't we let spring training play out... I think Odor should not be released immediately but let's see how he does. A lot of things can happen between now and March.

No one has addressed my point about the whole infield having a terrible year but you guys want to park on Odor. Guess that is you guys choice unless you choose to call it refusal.

the infield sucked ass no doubt.

cabrera was at third and he’s gone - not worth talking about

Mathis is at catcher and I think the front office is trying to bring back chirinos to replace him - not worth talking about

condor has a very good glove, but at least 5 or 6 holes in his bat at a position where a bad ass hitter is a requirement. I trust the front office is bringing in some help to platoon with him or some shit.

Elvis definitely needs to do better, but he’s been here so long that he will get that chance and then some.

that brings us to second base. Odor or second base is the only position the front office is going to leave be, but corrective action is needed.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again baseball season can not come soon enough. And we think Rangers have GM issues? Look a couple hundred yards west at the other dome

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe plenty was said about Guzmon and certainly the need for a 3B and Elvis having a down year.:crazy:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe plenty was said about Guzmon and certainly the need for a 3B and Elvis having a down year.:crazy:
If so, very sparsely but the Odor berating goes on and on...he is this boards convenient whipping boy. Gets old. All I do is add alternative viewpoint. Would probably do the opposite if the board was Odor cheerleaders.

This is hardly a crazy thought FWIW

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, very sparsely but the Odor berating goes on and on...he is this boards convenient whipping boy. Gets old. All I do is add alternative viewpoint. Would probably do the opposite if the board was Odor cheerleaders.

It does get old but what is....is

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, you refused and changed the focus of the discussion after saying I was pushing too hard.

Odor and the rest of the IF are only related because they wear the same uniform. Guzman has had far fewer chances than Odor so he is a completely different case. Elvis has had more success in the past and it isn't time to give up on him. Cabrera was traded. Now, why do you insist on using the rest of the IF to give JD an excuse with Odor?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again baseball season can not come soon enough. And we think Rangers have GM issues? Look a couple hundred yards west at the other dome
The Rangers definitely have problems in that area.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It gets old to you because you take up for JD too much, and for some strange reason, criticism of JD bothers you a lot. I don't get that at all. You are blind if you can't see why folks criticize the use of Odor much more than other players.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can you not see that odors situation is vastly different from the other infielders and very unusual for a major league ball player in general?

I’ll rehash it for you

Andrus - yes he gets a pass because he was here during the “ great years”. He also has an infectious personality. He is probably the fan favorite of the team. Any ranger fan who hates Elvis isn’t a true ranger fan.

mathis - he’s been here one season and it was the worst hitting season I’ve ever seen for a catcher. I think the front office is taking steps to reduce his playing time so why bother complaining about him?

Cabrera - once again, he was here one season. Played as best as he could ( not very good) at 3rd base and we let him go for nothing at the deadline. He rewarded us by racking up some big hits against the Astros in the World Series. I can’t be the only rangers fan eagerly waiting for the shoe to drop on those cheating asshats. His case is closed.

Guzman or “Condor”- I’ve seen plenty of pushback for criticizing this guy, mainly on other boards. I guess most ranger fans are easily distracted by his amazing glove and his ability to do the splits like a high school cheerleader. However, I want my first baseman to be a bad ass hitter first and foremost and condor is severely lacking in that area. I suspect that the rangers are bringing in a backup plan for him or a possible platoon situation is upcoming. Why should I continue to rail on the guy when I don’t believe he has a long leash like he did last year?

odor - I’d go into the stats, but they have been said 100’s of times at this point. They will just depress you. Management is keeping him in the lineup. JD is too stubborn to admit a mistake.

I generally like JD, but I’m dying here. I want odor moved so so badly and I’ve wanted it for a long time now. I think he’s a junk ball hitter who can’t hit good pitching. He guesses way too much. His pitch recognition sucks. He strikes out a ton. He plays matador defense at second base. He sucks at running the bases. He barely ever draws walks. He acts like he’s Napoleon Bonaparte out there, except odor doesn’t have the brain of Napoleon or the victories to show for it.

odor is a joke and the rangers management keeps throwing him into the faces of loyal fans. Until that changes, I will gladly point it out and tell anybody within earshot how much the guy sucks and why it’s a travesty that we play him like he’s some kind of all star because quite frankly HES NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Elvis having a down year.:crazy:

"Evis" has a typically Elvis year and typical run of the mill SS year, until someone teaches him how to draw more BB his OPS is gonna be what it is...

Nothing to see here, move along... :D

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the beat down guys..in other news here is a proposed trade hypothesis via Athletic/ Newberg /KC writer

Rockies get Rangers get
LHP Brock Burke 3B Nolan Arenado
RHP Tyler Phillips
UTIL Garrett Hampson
RHP Reid Anderson
$50 million
CF J.P. Martinez
C Matt Whatley

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the beat down guys..in other news here is a proposed trade hypothesis via Athletic/ Newberg /KC writer

Rockies get Rangers get
RHP Tyler Phillips
UTIL Garrett Hampson
RHP Reid Anderson
$50 million
CF J.P. Martinez
C Matt Whatley
\

okay to make Saddles happy let's alter this trade a little.

we throw in Odor and the Rockies get to keep the $50M

also Arenado waives the no-trade clause and the opt out after the 2021 season and the Rangers agree to allow him to opt out after 2023 season

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. I pray that each of you will be truly blessed this Christmas season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rockies get Rangers get
RHP Tyler Phillips
UTIL Garrett Hampson
RHP Reid Anderson
$50 million
CF J.P. Martinez
C Matt Whatley
I would love that as a Rangers fan, but hate it as a Rockies fan.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. I pray that each of you will be truly blessed this Christmas season.
Thank you Bennie and I find myself extending the same kind words to you and all the guys I consider media friends. Merry Christmas