• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solak needs to play at 2B every day either in Nashville or Arlington. It would be in Arlington if JD would simply admit his mistake with Odor. That is not going to happen though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of a stretch to say last year was year of critical situations

We would be remiss though to point out that he was one of many Rangers who had bad years. Only Gallo, Pence, Santana, Calhoun and Solak had good OPS over 800. The whole infield stunk it up and as a whole worse than Odor. We got rid of DDJ and moved Mazara who still has talent but we still have a whole infield that did not produce last year.

For the record Odor also led the team with Gallo in a great but shortened year in walks/RBIs. This is a good trend. A lot of his recoupment is due to Odors great close out of the year.

Point is there is plenty of blame to share if that is what you are dishing out. FYI not just singling you out
Odor should have plenty of trade value then. I mean all we have to do is point out to potential trade partners that our whole infield was poor.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solak needs to play at 2B every day either in Nashville or Arlington. It would be in Arlington if JD would simply admit his mistake with Odor. That is not going to happen though.
Time to quit making excuses and covering for Odor. The team deserves better. It can not bode well to see Odor penciled in every day when another player is on the bench. Solak needs a shot and it is time JD does the right thing.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor should have plenty of trade value then. I mean all we have to do is point out to potential trade partners that our whole infield was poor.

There is no trade value for any of our IF. Elvis had a down year but we hope he recoups. Guzman is still a project with such a long swing. He could be headed to a platoon spot. Odor has very intermittent flashes with slump phases that go beyond slump.

But if asked to rank worse years Elvis and Guzman had worse than Odor. So did DDJ. Take out how Odor closed out year and I think differently.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no trade value for any of our IF. Elvis had a down year but we hope he recoups. Guzman is still a project with such a long swing. He could be headed to a platoon spot. Odor has very intermittent flashes with slump phases that go beyond slump.

But if asked to rank worse years Elvis and Guzman had worse than Odor. So did DDJ. Take out how Odor closed out year and I think differently.
Then bench him since he is so terrible and put a very qualified replacement in his place. To not have already decided to do that is ludicrous.

Better yet, pay as much of his salary as is necessary to trade him for anything of "value."

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then bench him since he is so terrible and put a very qualified replacement in his place. To not have already decided to do that is ludicrous.

Better yet, pay as much of his salary as is necessary to trade him for anything of "value."

You sir will never be allowed to be a part of the Odor comeback club.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir will never be allowed to be a part of the Odor comeback club.

I gave up on him long ago.

there’s times where i even rooted for him to bottom out so management would do something, but all I’ve been is disappointed by the whole process or lack there of.

I don’t feel bad for odor because the guy got paid, but he really is awful at what he does.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on him long ago.

there’s times where i even rooted for him to bottom out so management would do something, but all I’ve been is disappointed by the whole process or lack there of.

I don’t feel bad for odor because the guy got paid, but he really is awful at what he does.
Except how he closed out the year after a year of a remake of his swing/approach. Warrants one more look IMO

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this but first you would have to find a team that would take him and excluding that comical trade scenario for Arenado I can't think of one that would take him

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this but first you would have to find a team that would take him and excluding that comical trade scenario for Arenado I can't think of one that would take him
The number of teams that would take him is directly related to how much if his salary you agree to pay.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except how he closed out the year after a year of a remake of his swing/approach. Warrants one more look IMO
Let another team give him one more look.

You have already as much as admitted that he cannot be benched once the season starts because he only has one position. If he starts the season with us at 2B, then he has to stay there all year no matter how bad he hits.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let another team give him one more look.

You have already as much as admitted that he cannot be benched once the season starts because he only has one position. If he starts the season with us at 2B, then he has to stay there all year no matter how bad he hits.

He can be benched.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

half of the teams we played in the last month of the year were throwing scrubs at that point anyway.

experimenting with triple A guys similar to what we were doing.

odor is what I call a junk hitter. He made his stats hitting against teams with awful pitching like the mariners and royals.

he didn’t do jack shit against the good teams. Another indication as to why he needs to be moved or benched.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can be benched.
With as many relievers as they keep having a backup C and a backup 2B on the bench who can only play those positions leaves you with a really thin bench. That leaves you 2 more bench players for all of the rest of the positions. Often a guy is hurt and not placed on the DL. In those instances, you would only have one other bench guy besides the backup C and 2B

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can be benched.
When I asked you before whose bench spot he would take you refused to give me an answer and told me I was pushing things too much.