• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas is probably going to be bad this year and Charlie Strong will be unfairly blamed

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget the following facts?

1. KU - North Dakota State has more Big XII wins the last 2 years than the Jay Hawks
2. Iowa St.
3. 40% of the Big XII had a 4-8 record last year

Conversely, 60% of the Big12 went to bowl games and 71% of the SEC went bowling.

... and in 2012 90% of the Big 12 went to bowl games, while 64% of the SEC went bowling.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conversely, 60% of the Big12 went to bowl games and 71% of the SEC went bowling.

... and in 2012 90% of the Big 12 went to bowl games, while 64% of the SEC went bowling.

What is the SEC vs. the Big 12's head to head bowl record in the BCS era, or over the last 10 years or something? I bet the SEC is pretty dominant.

For most of the last 5 years, it seems like the Big 12 has suffered from not having many big nonconference wins to hang their hat on. One or two here and there, yes, but by and large, not very many.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the SEC vs. the Big 12's head to head bowl record in the BCS era, or over the last 10 years or something? I bet the SEC is pretty dominant.

For most of the last 5 years, it seems like the Big 12 has suffered from not having many big nonconference wins to hang their hat on. One or two here and there, yes, but by and large, not very many.

Big 12 was damn good in 2011. 2012 merely solid. 2013 it was not good football. This year remains to be seen. I believe it will be closer to the 2012 version, but doubt it will look like 2011.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 was damn good in 2011. 2012 merely solid. 2013 it was not good football. This year remains to be seen. I believe it will be closer to the 2012 version, but doubt it will look like 2011.

for as good as the big 12 seemed to be in 2011, the conference did not register a single win over teams that finished in the final BCS top 25 during the regular season (in nonconference play). i think a lot of the pub the big 12 got that year was for being overrated due to an incredibly easy slate of nonconference games.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for as good as the big 12 seemed to be in 2011, the conference did not register a single win over teams that finished in the final BCS top 25 during the regular season (in nonconference play). i think a lot of the pub the big 12 got that year was for being overrated due to an incredibly easy slate of nonconference games.

90% of the league went to a bowl. I believe there were 4 or 5 QBs starting on teams that ended up drafted. I have no idea where that stat came from, but since Ok State beat Standford in the Fiesta I am assuming it is under BS.I liek the "regular season" qualifier. I am guessing this is another stat that included a small amount of games and probably 0-1 match-ups that matched like teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011, 8 Big 12 teams(80%) went bowling and 4 teams finished with 10 wins. The SEC had 9 bowl teams(75%) but 2 more teams. In all 3 cases, the Big 12 played 9 conference games versus 8 for the SEC.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of the league went to a bowl. I believe there were 4 or 5 QBs starting on teams that ended up drafted. I have no idea where that stat came from, but since Ok State beat Standford in the Fiesta I am assuming it is under BS.I liek the "regular season" qualifier. I am guessing this is another stat that included a small amount of games and probably 0-1 match-ups that matched like teams.

the reason i used that qualifier was because there are no BCS rankings issued after bowl season.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reason i used that qualifier was because there are no BCS rankings issued after bowl season.

The reason you used it is because it benefited you.

In other terms, it allows more SEC ballsack to fit on your forehead.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason you used it is because it benefited you.

In other terms, it allows more SEC ballsack to fit on your forehead.

hate to break it to you, but the SEC notched several bowl wins over ranked teams that year... so no, it really didn't benefit me.

i'm just letting you know that the big 12 did absolutely nothing in the regular season of note. the SEC on the other hand knocked off the pac-12 and big east champions, as well as a pretty darn good clemson team.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't Aggy responsible for 4 of those losses?

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Aggy responsible for 4 of those losses?

I don't know? Maybe?

I know they absolutely crushed Oklahoma a couple years ago in the cotton bowl. All year people were LOLing at the SEC because "some middling big 12 team was dominating the conference*"

* finishing 3rd in the SEC West evidently means dominating the conference

...And then when bowl season came around, aTm showed that it wasn't the same old aTm team. They beat Arkansas and Oklahoma by like a combined 80 points. They lost both of those games the year prior.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the BCS era, lil' brother lost 8 bowl games while a member of the Big 12. I guess one can write that they are responsible for 9 Big 12 bowl losses since they beat OU. :whistle:

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the BCS era, lil' brother lost 8 bowl games while a member of the Big 12. I guess one can write that they are responsible for 9 Big 12 bowl losses since they beat OU. :whistle:

Little brother has been much stronger than you for the last few years and look much stronger than you again this year.

Just fyi.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know? Maybe?

I know they absolutely crushed Oklahoma a couple years ago in the cotton bowl. All year people were LOLing at the SEC because "some middling big 12 team was dominating the conference*"

...And then when bowl season came around, aTm showed that it wasn't the same old aTm team. They beat Arkansas and Oklahoma by like a combined 80 points. They lost both of those games the year prior.

You act like Aggy beat an awesome OU team in the Cotton Bowl that year? OU already had 2 losses going into that game and were an ass hair away from 5 losses as they ended the season barely beating WVU (50-49), Baylor (42-34), Okie jr, (51-48 OT) and TCU (24-17). No surprise OU's luck ran out when you have over a month layoff to play a bowl game.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like Aggy beat an awesome OU team in the Cotton Bowl that year? OU already had 2 losses going into that game and were an ass hair away from 5 losses as they ended the season barely beating WVU (50-49), Baylor (42-34), Okie jr, (51-48 OT) and TCU (24-17). No surprise OU's luck ran out when you have over a month layoff to play a bowl game.

aTm gave them their worst beating in years.

again, you act like it was same old aggie.

in reality, that aTm team would have won the Big 12 that season and instead they finished 3rd in the SEC West.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

than show me the match-ups. If it is a handful of games, than the stat is utter BS. Any stat that tries to form an opinion on a conference that played 120+ games by 2-3 games and does not consider the context is clearly lacking.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little brother has been much stronger than you for the last few years and look much stronger than you again this year.

Just fyi.

Yes, that 7th place finish in the SEC last year, along with 4 losses and squeaking by the Duke blue devils football team in their bowl game is so impressive :L

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know? Maybe?

Nah, they waited until the next year when they lost to every ranked team they played other than Duke.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aTm gave them their worst beating in years.

again, you act like it was same old aggie.

in reality, that aTm team would have won the Big 12 that season and instead they finished 3rd in the SEC West.

No they wouldn't. Aggy would still have 2-3 losses in the Big 12 last year. You forget they didn't turn it on until the Bama game. Now, there's no doubt Aggy was playing some of the best ball in the country at the end of the year, but prior to the Bama game, they were just average, barely beating a terrible Ole Miss team in Oxford, whom their big bro dropped 66 pts on (would have been 80 had Mack Brown not shown mercy), barely beating LA TECH and already having losses to UF and LSU.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they wouldn't. Aggy would still have 2-3 losses in the Big 12 last year. You forget they didn't turn it on until the Bama game. Now, there's no doubt Aggy was playing some of the best ball in the country at the end of the year, but prior to the Bama game, they were just average, barely beating a terrible Ole Miss team in Oxford, whom their big bro dropped 66 pts on (would have been 80 had Mack Brown not shown mercy), barely beating LA TECH and already having losses to UF and LSU.

Which teams in the Big 12 would have beaten Texas A&M?

I'd maintain none. Maybe they'd drop 1 game and they'd have ended up in some kind of tiebreaker situation.

But in the SEC, they finished 3rd in their division. At absolute worst, they were finishing 2nd in the BIg 12, and probably conference champion.

But we will never really know. All we actually know is that Texas A&M finished 3rd in the SEC West and was about 30 points better than a Big 12 team that went 8-1 in conference play.

And you said Oklahoma had 2 losses before that A&M game... but only 1 was against Big 12 competition. The other was against a Notre Dame team that fared pretty well against the SEC champion.