• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas hires Ex-Baylor, Briles apologist, Horny.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably shouldn't talk shit about Applewhite. Two years from now when Houston has yet another 10 win season and Sumlin goes 7-5 you know who the boosters will be calling for. The Aggie spin about hiring that guy will be glorious
Wasn't talking shit about Applewhite. Was just just saying the Sips will hire a r*pe apologist but not draw the line on having someone that got a little something on the side on the staff.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this board gave me shit for posting that Herman wasn't our biggest need, a new AD that can put the boosters in their place was.

Let's assume Herman is the perfect guy for the job........he wasn't hired by an AD or the president really, he was hired by boosters. That's WHO his allegiance is to, not the university.

So now we're looking at the boosters more or less hiring their own AD as well.....they now effectively own the entire department.

I'll say it again to anyone STUPID enough to doubt this: You start fixing broken programs at the TOP, not the middle. I don't care if Herman wins the next 10 NCs.........you bring in the right AD, who brings in the right coaches, and keeps the money flowing from boosters that understand how to write a check and shut the hell up. That's how it's done. Culture WILL be a problem as long as the rich geezers are running the show.

That's the way things are in Texas; Old Money runs things. That is until the New Money and Younger Money eventually takes over control. Dallas is a perfect example. NOTHING got done in Dallas for 50 years unless the Old Money Boys had a piece of the action. When the New Money Boys finally getting stronger, that changed. It will take another 10 years or so for the tide to change in Austin. It's a long drawn out process to change something that has been around for decades.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman making moves to win and Texas fan be like..... errmygawd

You guys should just stick to women's volleyball so you can have your ethics. Shut down the football program.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me-me so hawwwny

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way things are in Texas; Old Money runs things. That is until the New Money and Younger Money eventually takes over control. Dallas is a perfect example. NOTHING got done in Dallas for 50 years unless the Old Money Boys had a piece of the action. When the New Money Boys finally getting stronger, that changed. It will take another 10 years or so for the tide to change in Austin. It's a long drawn out process to change something that has been around for decades.

Dodds had the old money boys IN CHECK tho. All it takes is the right AD hire, but the old boys are the ones doing the hiring.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodds had the old money boys IN CHECK tho. All it takes is the right AD hire, but the old boys are the ones doing the hiring.

Dodds was one in a million. He was the absolute best at what he did with the UT Big Money donors. UT misses that. I told Exes I think Herman can be a hell of a coach at UT and even win a NC. The caveat to that is will he get along with the (inevitable) new AD when that time comes? Herman has a streak of prick in him and it's not inconceivable he will have a falling out someday with the higher ups in the Texas hierarchy. We'll see. But you're absolutely right; UT needs the right AD to control everything, however, that's not an easy hire at Texas because so many people are working at cross purposes when it comes to the UT athletic department.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas athletic director Mike Perrin said in a statement Tuesday that the hiring of former Baylor football staffer Casey Horney “is in total alignment with our culture of integrity.”

:L

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas athletic director Mike Perrin said in a statement Tuesday that the hiring of former Baylor football staffer Casey Horney “is in total alignment with our culture of integrity.”

:L
Not sure that's the route I would have taken....

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that's the route I would have taken....
In a follow-up release, Perrin said he welcomes the newest member of their Academic Success Staff, and director of Wonderlic Improvement Performance Excellence (ASSWIPE) - Vince Young.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't talking shit about Applewhite. Was just just saying the Sips will hire a r*pe apologist but not draw the line on having someone that got a little something on the side on the staff.

Well, his wife was pregnant when he was banging the student trainer. Kind of fucked up. But fuck this Horny guy nevertheless.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Texas doesn't take action when people don't break the law and OU doesn't take action when they do. Are we good now?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, his wife was pregnant when he was banging the student trainer. Kind of fucked up. But fuck this Horny guy nevertheless.

Yeah, that was a shitty thing for Major to do weather his wife was pregnant or not.

So Texas doesn't take action when people don't break the law and OU doesn't take action when they do. Are we good now?

Relax, I was being sarcastic. I know Major is being kept out because of the on going lawsuit.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this board gave me shit for posting that Herman wasn't our biggest need, a new AD that can put the boosters in their place was.

Let's assume Herman is the perfect guy for the job........he wasn't hired by an AD or the president really, he was hired by boosters. That's WHO his allegiance is to, not the university.

So now we're looking at the boosters more or less hiring their own AD as well.....they now effectively own the entire department.

I'll say it again to anyone STUPID enough to doubt this: You start fixing broken programs at the TOP, not the middle. I don't care if Herman wins the next 10 NCs.........you bring in the right AD, who brings in the right coaches, and keeps the money flowing from boosters that understand how to write a check and shut the hell up. That's how it's done. Culture WILL be a problem as long as the rich geezers are running the show.

I think Herman will do a good job of balancing the rich geezers and the football program like Mack did. Yes that should be the AD's job, but at least the coach gets it. Problem is these old guys want to be Jerry Jones but don't have the $$$ to buy a real team so they donate to their school and pretend they're the owners.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Herman will do a good job of balancing the rich geezers and the football program like Mack did. Yes that should be the AD's job, but at least the coach gets it. Problem is these old guys want to be Jerry Jones but don't have the $$$ to buy a real team so they donate to their school and pretend they're the owners.

Winner ^^^^ Don't care if you're at Bama, tOSU, OU, USC, etc. If you win, the big money boosters are kept in check, period. If you don't, they get involved. AD has nothing to do with it, nor any other school official. Win at a major blue blood program and everybody is kept in check. David McWilliams is as die hard of an orangeblood as they get, but I remember how shitty the good ol boys treated him and ran him out of town once he started losing. Win, and everything is fine PERIOD END OF STORY.