• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas hires Ex-Baylor, Briles apologist, Horny.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

639fc10d4589337ce052bc2c66f87870.png

Lmao. And Texas fans talking about other schools "morals". :dhd:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone must think so if they are willing to take the heat to hire him.

They are buds back from their GA days here. He just thought nobody would notice such a small insignificant position. First mistake as a head coach of a football obsessed program. We stalk twitter feeds of the video guy...Nothing better to do when you don't even make a bowl game

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to add, I'm not here to toe the party line on our coaches can do no wrong. I see things through burnt orange glasses for sure. But right is right and wrong is wrong when it comes to being a r*pe apologists piece of shit like this guy apparently is. It seems a big majority of our fanbase agrees.

If we can't find a QC guy for special teams who didn't have to delete half his tweets because they were all supporting the darth raper Art Briles, we probably just don't need one.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His last name...is horny?

And he is a r*pe apologist. This is a real story right?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are buds back from their GA days here. He just thought nobody would notice such a small insignificant position. First mistake as a head coach of a football obsessed program. We stalk twitter feeds of the video guy...Nothing better to do when you don't even make a bowl game
Yeah. Thats what I figured his reasoning was as well. Still. Not a smart move my any means IMO. Even at Houston, this would have got several PR red flags. But at a program as big as Texas, it gonna get blown up even further.

Texas guise. Do you know if Herman has 100 percent free reign on personnel decisions like this? I just can't imagine him passing this up the line, then someone green lighting this as well.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Thats what I figured his reasoning was as well. Still. Not a smart move my any means IMO. Even at Houston, this would have got several PR red flags. But at a program as big as Texas, it gonna get blown up even further.

Texas guise. Do you know if Herman has 100 percent free reign on personnel decisions like this? I just can't imagine him passing this up the line, then someone green lighting this as well.

Yeah, they won't even let Applewhite back in for getting some on the side.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No idea, but I bet after all the flak they are getting they don't let him have it anymore.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean WTF. No way in hell Charlie would hire this guy for a QC position. Well, not sure they let Charlie hire any new QC coaches, but still.

I mean, Herman either dont give a damn about what people think, or else he was completely blind to the sh*tstorm that's been going on in this conference concerning Baylor.

All in all, pretty stupid if you ask me. But hell, at least the guy wont be seen on the sidelines coaching or anything, which would just piss me off more.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got an old (and I mean old) friend who is fairly important down yonder. Order of the Coif...class of 51. He says the uppity-ups are the problem...

He has no hope for the future of donghorn football.

I feel bad for him, because he's a hell of a man. To endure the crapulence of late shouldn't happen to such a good guy.

Fix your shit you phegs.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they won't even let Applewhite back in for getting some on the side.

You probably shouldn't talk shit about Applewhite. Two years from now when Houston has yet another 10 win season and Sumlin goes 7-5 you know who the boosters will be calling for. The Aggie spin about hiring that guy will be glorious

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got an old (and I mean old) friend who is fairly important down yonder. Order of the Coif...class of 51. He says the uppity-ups are the problem...

He has no hope for the future of donghorn football.

I feel bad for him, because he's a hell of a man. To endure the crapulence of late shouldn't happen to such a good guy.

Fix your shit you phegs.

Most of this board gave me shit for posting that Herman wasn't our biggest need, a new AD that can put the boosters in their place was.

Let's assume Herman is the perfect guy for the job........he wasn't hired by an AD or the president really, he was hired by boosters. That's WHO his allegiance is to, not the university.

So now we're looking at the boosters more or less hiring their own AD as well.....they now effectively own the entire department.

I'll say it again to anyone STUPID enough to doubt this: You start fixing broken programs at the TOP, not the middle. I don't care if Herman wins the next 10 NCs.........you bring in the right AD, who brings in the right coaches, and keeps the money flowing from boosters that understand how to write a check and shut the hell up. That's how it's done. Culture WILL be a problem as long as the rich geezers are running the show.