• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Game thread

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There can be no discussion with the quartet nothing is ever on Holgorsen

Just balancing out the negativism of the board. You have repeatedly blamed the offense and Dana's part in the loss yesterday… big surprise…

Since you've come out to support Gibby and Bradley as your local heroes, you cannot point a finger at them…. right?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibby and Bradley kept their heads and made adjustments to keep us in the game when things started going bad, I cant say the same for Dana.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibby and Bradley kept their heads and made adjustments to keep us in the game when things started going bad, I cant say the same for Dana.

Why not?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What adjustments did he need to make? We moved the ball most of the game....he can't go out there and throw the ball to a wide open Shorts in end zone, can't catch the ball for a wide open Alford, can't get rid of the ball for trickett in end zone, can't stop the officials from stopping the game.

What adjustments did the D make? That offense was horrible...there was no adjustment they just starting playing in the second half much like the offense did.

Texas offense was horrible and you guys want to act like it was some great coaching in the second have...ask anyone there is a hell of a lot more talent to go against on Texas D than their offense.

And for the number one idiot on the board, I can criticize DH. I thought the end of the game was complete BS...why not use your TOs and try to get the score and maybe onside kick. He just gave up on that last series and I completely disagree with that.

So tell me gents what adjustments should he have made on offense? I am sure this will be a argument filled with supporting data.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU's offense ran 57 plays and gained 316 yds…. in the 2nd half.

The object is to score points… and WVU's offense failed to do enough of that.

Does anyone think falling behind by 21 points affected the decisions Dana made throughout the 2nd half? Going for it on 4th and 7, attempting an onside kick after the safety? Attempting a 2nd onside kick after the last TD?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if we were 4-5 if 100,000 would show up for our games.

#greatestfanbaseevernot

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say if Texas is a much better team at this point in the season or if the fact they were playing WV just made them appear to be better. Personally, having seen them play (badly) early in the season and watching them yesterday - I think they are much improved. They had a horrible offense early on and they now appear to have a solid power running game. Their defense has been solid all season and played a great game yesterday. They shut down our receivers with a few exceptions and kept our offense out of the end zone. While WV did rack up some yardage, they failed to score on too many occasions. To the point made earlier - the job of the offense is not to simply rack up yardage and burn the clock - it has to include scoring points. Not enough of it yesterday.

At least WV was better at holding on to the ball. It was pretty even in all categories of the game save one - points scored. That was the difference.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancel season DH is the first coach in WVU history to have a down game

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In drive after drive the last two games, the offense moved the ball well with a set of personnel, with certain backs blocking and others carrying the ball, only to change personnel in the red zone and stall out. The defense had a bad first half, then toughened up in the second half, they did not allow Texas to even sniff a score in the second half until the offense gave the ball over on downs at the 15. Our "high powered" offense went a full five quarters without a TD, yes I will point my fingers at the coach who oversees the sputtering offense as part of the problem. The fact that you and your three buddies won't even discuss the offensive problems, still trying to hang the team's problems on someone else is sad, this is Holgorsen's team, he owns their failures along with their successes.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst coach ever dad called it every game win or lose...anything associated with DH sucks.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys let's talk stew again...isn't it about time for that bullshit to resurface?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I say the same thing for four years so after L's I can act like I know what I am talking about

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys get more pathetic each week with your blind devotion to your man crush. The offense is broken, the defense is improving. The offense has stagnated each year at near the same point of the season, you stick your head in the sand and attack me for pointing out what is obvious to most reasonable people.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst coach ever dad called it every game win or lose...anything associated with DH sucks.

When an offense coached by an offensive guru goes five quarters without a TD, I call out the guy calling the plays, the quartet throws the kids under the bus......sad

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When an offense coached by an offensive guru goes five quarters without a TD, I call out the guy calling the plays, the quartet throws the kids under the bus…...sad

Just like when Mullen was calling the plays, it is too easy to criticize the call. When one actually looks at the play and watches the execution of the play… one understands why the play worked… or did not.

Players have to make plays…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well… just finished watching the recording of the game.

Bottom line… WVU did not score when it had opportunities.

First half… how many 3rd down attempts came up inches short?

Second half… WVU moved the ball beautifully the entire 3rd qtr… and scored a big 0.

24 first downs, 448 yds against one of the best defenses in the conference. But, only 16 points.

Looks like WVU has a punt returner. Davis did a great job yesterday.

Like Gibby said, it would have been better if the defense would have stayed on the bus the first half. Worst they've played this year…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like when Mullen was calling the plays, it is too easy to criticize the call. When one actually looks at the play and watches the execution of the play… one understands why the play worked… or did not.

Players have to make plays…
:lame:

Mullen is not calling the plays, so don't bring him up, Holgorsen himself is calling the plays, and doing a lousy job of it. Either Holgorsen has recruited players who just can't learn, or Holgorsen can't teach. It is a coaches job to come up with plays that will work and teach the kids to execute the play, then to call the play at an appropriate time in a game when it stands a chance to work, and if it doesn't work, teach it better next week. Changing the players and calls that got you from 20 to 20 to someone and something different inside the 20 then scratching your head about why you can get yards but not points is pure folly.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

Mullen is not calling the plays, so don't bring him up, Holgorsen himself is calling the plays, and doing a lousy job of it. Either Holgorsen has recruited players who just can't learn, or Holgorsen can't teach. It is a coaches job to come up with plays that will work and teach the kids to execute the play, then to call the play at an appropriate time in a game when it stands a chance to work, and if it doesn't work, teach it better next week. Changing the players and calls that got you from 20 to 20 to someone and something different inside the 20 then scratching your head about why you can get yards but not points is pure folly.

Just as some fans questioned Mullen's play calling, we have some doing the same with Dana.

Dana sends two different plays to Clint… one pass… one run. It is up to Clint to make the right read of the defense and set the line for the call.

Dana cannot execute the play. He cannot stop his line from getting called for holding, for missing an assignment, for illegal procedure, for snapping the ball when the QB is still communicating with his offense.

But, Dana took responsibility for yesterday's results. In the end, it falls on his shoulders…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense declining at the end of the season:
Completely unacceptable...offense just sucking at the end of the year

2011 last 4 games. 36.2 ppg
2012 last 4 games. 38.3 ppg
2013 last 4 games. 33.2 ppg

Yeah our offense is just dying at the end of the season....horrible, horrible, horrible

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think we called out the players under Mullen as well and ten asked why he and stew kept players in the game that kept doing the same thing.... But remember it however you want to support your weak argument.