• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Game thread

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think we called out the players under Mullen as well and ten asked why he and stew kept players in the game that kept doing the same thing.... But remember it however you want to support your weak argument.

Are you referring to Ryan Clarke? Naw…. we never called him out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense declining at the end of the season:
Completely unacceptable...offense just sucking at the end of the year

2011 last 4 games. 36.2 ppg
2012 last 4 games. 38.3 ppg
2013 last 4 games. 33.2 ppg

Yeah our offense is just dying at the end of the season....horrible, horrible, horrible

Cherry pick much? Convenient that you chopped off at four games to include Kansas and IAST but leave of the pathetic offensive performances prior to those games, plus you included defensive and st scores.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think we called out the players under Mullen as well and ten asked why he and stew kept players in the game that kept doing the same thing.... But remember it however you want to support your weak argument.

No sir, Lambert, jeigh, stewmustgo, etc put it only on Stewart, harping high and tight, how easy it is to teach kids not to fumble.......as I stated, I wonder what Lambert thought of the TCU game?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry pick much? Convenient that you chopped off at four games to include Kansas and IAST but leave of the pathetic offensive performances prior to those games, plus you included defensive and st scores.

You guys get more pathetic each week with your blind devotion to your man crush. The offense is broken, the defense is improving. The offense has stagnated each year at near the same point of the season, you stick your head in the sand and attack me for pointing out what is obvious to most reasonable people.

Did you make a point about the offense stagnating each year at near the same point... or not?

Then you want to say that DC is cherry picking when he uses the last 4 games of each year?

What reference of time are you referring to? Just so all of the unreasonable people are clear about your point...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of the game is pretty simple...beginning to think a 185 lb QB is wearing down...he isn't the same kid that started the season.in total regression mode..looks uncomfortable behind center...his release is so slow especially throwing to the flats its amazing to me how the hasn't thrown more interceptions by now...he never really tried to stretch the field....not sure what's going on between the ears..but whatever it is....it's not good.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of the game is pretty simple...beginning to think a 185 lb QB is wearing down...he isn't the same kid that started the season.in total regression mode..looks uncomfortable behind center...his release is so slow especially throwing to the flats its amazing to me how the hasn't thrown more interceptions by now...he never really tried to stretch the field....not sure what's going on between the ears..but whatever it is....it's not good.....

Totally agree. While the OL play hasn't been terrible, they haven't done much to help his confidence either. Lucas and Pankey are struggling...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The key to this year was to have a productive Trickett. He started out great, but has shown a serious decline. He may be hiding a concussion from TCU, or may have some shoulder issues. If he plays against Texas and TCU like he did at Alabama, we are looking at a conference championship. Even with his disabilities, he is still probably our best chance to win. I think that it really has hurt us not being able to go to the long ball frequently to White and Alford. I also thing the OLine is having injury issues. Spain has had a really big wrap over his ankle for a while.

I also note that Texas is playing much better toward the end of the year and may give TCU all they can handle. The recruiting stat showing that WVU has 6 4-5 star recruits on the roster and Texas has 45 of the same shows me alot. Once Charlie Strong gets those players playing like they should, they will be hard to handle.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I cherry picking...I counted the last four games of each year....I did not leave any game out. You said the offense got worse towards the end of the season, instead of just blurting stuff out like you usually do, I provided actual data that does not support your argument. Once again you fail to make a decent argument when you just run your mouth. Whenever anyone on here gives hard facts you try to take the argument somewhere else.

Feel free to take off 7 points here or there for defensive or ST TD's in my findings, will not do much to change the averages.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. While the OL play hasn't been terrible, they haven't done much to help his confidence either. Lucas and Pankey are struggling...

I would agree as well...the Tackles have been struggling..especially Pankey...If I were to critique the offensive play calling why does #7 seem to disappear from playing time in the second halves of games...unless there is an injury seems odd to me...he is a kid the more carries you give him the better he gets...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 last 9 games= 38 ppg(includes bowl game, but if that hurts your argument go with 8 games and a 34 ppg avg)
2012 last 8 games= 32 ppg
2013 last 8 games= 31 ppg

once again feel free to remove all those defensive and ST TD's we were scoring in those seasons that raised our ppg average.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree as well...the Tackles have been struggling..especially Pankey...If I were to critique the offensive play calling why does #7 seem to disappear from playing time in the second halves of games...unless there is an injury seems odd to me...he is a kid the more carries you give him the better he gets...

Well... he reinjured his ankle in the Texas game. Probably why he didn't return.

In the TCU game, I think the decision to keep him on the sidelines had to do with his fumble. I remember hearing Dana say at half he was disappointed in his RB's inability to make someone miss, and hang onto the ball.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you make a point about the offense stagnating each year at near the same point... or not?

Then you want to say that DC is cherry picking when he uses the last 4 games of each year?

What reference of time are you referring to? Just so all of the unreasonable people are clear about your point...

First six vs last 6 games in each season 2011 to 2014 (2014 last 4, as season not done, bowl games omitted, the two cancel each other anyway, one good, one bad)

2011 first 6 games 40.1 ppg, last six 29 ppg
2012 45.7 37.5
2013 24 28.5
2014 36.7 last 4 30.3

under Holgorsens tenure, average first 6 games 36.6 ppg last 6 31.3 ppg. if you go first 5, last the drop off is more severe, but splitting the season in half seems the proper timing.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First six vs last 6 games in each season 2011 to 2014 (2014 last 4, as season not done, bowl games omitted, the two cancel each other anyway, one good, one bad)

2012 45.7 37.5
2013 24 28.5
2014 36.7 last 4 30.3

under Holgorsens tenure, average first 6 games 36.6 ppg last 6 31.3 ppg. if you go first 5, last the drop off is more severe, but splitting the season in half seems the proper timing.

Keep in mind half of the first 6 are the OOC schedule, hard to break it down with them VS the Big 12 competition. These next 2 games will be very telling IMHO.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 last 9 games= 38 ppg(includes bowl game, but if that hurts your argument go with 8 games and a 34 ppg avg)
2012 last 8 games= 32 ppg
2013 last 8 games= 31 ppg

once again feel free to remove all those defensive and ST TD's we were scoring in those seasons that raised our ppg average.

when one speaks of a drop off, you cant just throw out one number per season, you compare two numbers, a first part and a second part. It doesn't matter if they scored 100 in the last six games, if they scored 150 in the first six it is a dropoff. from halftime of the TCU game until the fourth quarter against Texas, WVU scored two field goals, THAT, my friend is a stagnant offense.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind half of the first 6 are the OOC schedule, hard to break it down with them VS the Big 12 competition. These next 2 games will be very telling IMHO.
The first six numbers include games against Alabama, UMD, LSU, and the B12 portion includes IAST and Kansas, so it is a wash..........ALSO in the past few years, some of the best B12 teams have been in the first half of the season, Baylor, OU, Texas.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when one speaks of a drop off, you cant just throw out one number per season, you compare two numbers, a first part and a second part. It doesn't matter if they scored 100 in the last six games, if they scored 150 in the first six it is a dropoff. from halftime of the TCU game until the fourth quarter against Texas, WVU scored two field goals, THAT, my friend is a stagnant offense.

No DAD..come on...no FCS teams in the back end of the schedule...you try and convince me any team they played in the last 4 games and any of the remainder are TOWSON.....who BTW are 4-6 at the moment..:lame:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2012 45.7 37.5
2013 24 28.5
2014 36.7 last 4 30.3

I can appreciate your point to a degree. But, how many teams would have the same tendencies? Lots of factors come into play... injuries, wear and tear... opponents' DC's having film to study. And, while there is a drop off... it ain't like the numbers are terrible. I mean... 29... 37.5... 28.5... are still solid averages.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No DAD..come on...no FCS teams in the back end of the schedule...you try and convince me any team they played in the last 4 games and any of the remainder are TOWSON.....who BTW are 4-6 at the moment..:lame:
Speaking of Towson,
Said it before the Texas game and say it now, the Big12 needs to take a page from the SEC handbook and schedule our "cupcake" games (at least one of them) late in the season. Not banging the SEC at all for it, they have it right IMO. Protect your teams as much as possible, no 5 game conference streaks without a bye or a "cupcake" to beak it up. We could have used that Towson game Saturday BAD, especially this year with this schedule.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow five quarters is defining of a teams overall performance, talk about cherry picking.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas pitched a shut out against BU in the first half of the game in Austin earlier this year. BU's only TD in the first half came on a blocked FG returned for a TD. ST's allowed BU to score their only TD of the 3rd qtr when its punter called his own fake.

TCU has done a pretty good job of slowing its opponents down this year too. TCU's defense is averaging 22.3 pts/gm. UT's is averaging 22.4.

WVU's stagnant offense in the same company as BU's? I'll take that...