• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Forgets How Coinflips Work, Gives UCLA Ball to Start Both Halves

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is some really stupid shit right there.
Way to go Texas.
Didn't UCLA win on their last possession which they wouldn't have if Texas hadn't been such dumb fucks.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is some really stupid shit right there.
Way to go Texas.
Didn't UCLA win on their last possession which they wouldn't have if Texas hadn't been such dumb fucks.
So writes the total asshole who isn't able to put his vCash where he espouses. ie: you fucking suck because your vCash is at the total you got.

Prove your opinion has more value, place some bets and show it actually has some intelligence or be ignorant. Your choice, unless that that is overwhelming, in which case bang your head against the padded wall.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with you there brother. UCLA had 81 plays to our 64. That extra possession to start the 2nd half = 7 extra plays; 75 extra yards; and 7 extra points. It probably cost us the game.
kicking doesn't guarantee an extra possession. Texas kicked in the first half and possessions were equal. Let me ask you to play coach. Assume you had the choice in the second half to kick or receive. What do you do?
A. Receive knowing that UCLA has the better unit on the field when Texas' s offense is on the field
B. Kick to a team with its back-up QB with a fresh defense, knowing that the defense is your best unit

Per play data is a function of possessions and success. Possessions would have been even if Texas makes that 4th down stop. I would check the 3 and outs for Texas vs UCLA, I bet you see a noticeable difference. Biggest reason Texas lost was they could not stop the run

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So writes the total asshole who isn't able to put his vCash where he espouses. ie: you fucking suck because your vCash is at the total you got.

Prove your opinion has more value, place some bets and show it actually has some intelligence or be ignorant. Your choice, unless that that is overwhelming, in which case bang your head against the padded wall.

says the guy that didn't even sign up for the Pickems group.
calm down and take a deep breath.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there probability-related questions on the Wonderlic?

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least Strong can use this as a bullet point for why he shouldn't be fired after this season. Gotta give a guy a fair shot with a team that can achieve at least an 2.0 GPA. I say this is a win for Coach Strong.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An extra possession for UCLA in a fg win.

You could make an argument that pre kickoff blunder cost them the game.

While I agree with you to a point, and it was terribly stupid: It in fact only cost the opening kickoff, and UCLA punted on that opening possession. They would have received the second half kick off anyway because they deferred.

The point I agree with is, that every possession is valuable. Add to it too many small mistakes, all add up to a loss in a game where they had to play to perfection to win.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as how they scored on that 2nd drive, and got a free extra possession, and how we needed that extra possession at the end - Fair to say the fucking coin flip cost us the game.

That and the fact that we have the weakest offensive line ever assembled on any college team in football history.

While it was stupid, and almost deserve to lose for making this and many other small mistakes, The fact that they scored on the opening drive of the second half is irrelevant to the coin flip 'fisaco'.

UCLA deferred; they would have received the opening kickoff of the second half anyway. Plus, they did not score on the opening possession of the game, but rather punted.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but other than being a incredibly stupid mistake, and thus set the tone for a list of mistakes during the game, I dont see that the coin flip 'fiasco' cost anything, really.

Just an embarrassing fugg up.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got almost 10 times as much vCash as you, but that's only because you appear to have never made a bet.

I'm glad you got that cleared up.
Does that make you feel better about how fucking dumb your team is??

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wanna-get-away-78475704.jpg