• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEXAS BATTLES THE WEST COAST STARTING IN SEATTLE MAY 5,6,7

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 good starts gets us one win. Not getting whole story on LeClerc but still the walks by relief esp and the strikeouts by our hitters are just terrible. A lot of non winning instinct is now starting to effect the team. Something needs to change with this

At least some sac flies today in spots but the 1 run 7th is bad. Need a killer instinct

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. This team is not good.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those three positions would become an immediate downgrade. Probably won't get that replacement back for a long time. IMO.
You can trade Darvish and then sign him in the off season. And if you don't at least you get something for him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can trade Darvish and then sign him in the off season. And if you don't at least you get something for him.

I will say that you rarely see players re-sign with their initial club after they've been traded away. That's not to say that we shouldn't trade him. Just saying that if you do, probably shouldn't plan on re-signing him.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that you rarely see players re-sign with their initial club after they've been traded away. That's not to say that we shouldn't trade him. Just saying that if you do, probably shouldn't plan on re-signing him.
That is correct. It is rare. Darvish could be a special case though. I would try to sign him right up until the point I traded him, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the possibility of signing him in free agency if he is traded.

A lot of the time a team trading away a player is going into full fledged rebuilding mode so that often prohibits them from even pursuing the guy they just traded away. That may be one reason why it is so rare. I don't think the Rangers have to do more than sign Darvish and wait a year for our younger guys plus the younger ones we acquire in July to develop in order to be contenders again.

Then again if Mazara, Gallo and another hitter or two step up we could even contend next year. I think a bullpen next year of Bush, Kela, LeClerc, Claudio and a healthy Diekman would give us a better year than this year's pen to this point. Of course that would require us to sign Darvish and another decent to good starter in the offseason.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct. It is rare. Darvish could be a special case though. I would try to sign him right up until the point I traded him, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the possibility of signing him in free agency if he is traded.

A lot of the time a team trading away a player is going into full fledged rebuilding mode so that often prohibits them from even pursuing the guy they just traded away. That may be one reason why it is so rare. I don't think the Rangers have to do more than sign Darvish and wait a year for our younger guys plus the younger ones we acquire in July to develop in order to be contenders again.

Then again if Mazara, Gallo and another hitter or two step up we could even contend next year. I think a bullpen next year of Bush, Kela, LeClerc, Claudio and a healthy Diekman would give us a better year than this year's pen to this point. Of course that would require us to sign Darvish and maybe even another decent to good starter in the offseason.
That's why I hang on to Darvish

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then again if Mazara, Gallo and another hitter or two step up we could even contend next year. I think a bullpen next year of Bush, Kela, LeClerc, Claudio and a healthy Diekman would give us a better year than this year's pen to this point. Of course that would require us to sign Darvish and maybe even another decent to good starter in the offseason.

I think we are going to be quite a ways away from contending again any time soon. The pitching will only regress as we cant/wont sign any front line SP's, and the BP needs multiple reliable arms as Bush and to some extent Claudio seem to be the only somewhat reliable options at the moment.

The offense has shown signs of not being able to get runners in for several years now. They strike out at an alarming rate and most don't get on base at a good enough clip. The team as a whole makes way too many outs on the bases and there isnt enough contact for that old aggressiveness approach they implemented in past years to get guys in.

Lots of the AL is getting better specifically the Astros in our own division and Texas isnt going to have enough to keep up. All of which is going to be tough to swallow while heading out to a new ballpark to support our team. I will still be out there though!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I hang on to Darvish

There is really no sure fire replacements coming for this starting rotation and even if Darvish won every 5 days (which he cant, obviously for multiple reasons) that wont be near enough for this team to contend. They basically need 3 more starters even if Darvish stays and thats w bumping Cole down to a 3-4 starter

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really no sure fire replacements coming for this starting rotation and even if Darvish won every 5 days (which he cant, obviously for multiple reasons) that wont be near enough for this team to contend. They basically need 3 more starters even if Darvish stays and thats w bumping Cole down to a 3-4 starter

Yeah...investing 150 million into Darvish and having a broken Cole, Martin Perez, and who knows what else for 4 and 5 sounds truly awful. I love Yu, but this roster needs more than a 25 million a year pitcher.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want him to walk and get nothing. Don't even get a first round pick anymore.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To early to really know which way to go. FO will have to set the direction they intend to go. Then and only then will we have a real feel for the future. If money is on the table who knows.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want him to walk and get nothing. Don't even get a first round pick anymore.

I'm leaning very strongly toward trading him. He could bring back some pieces that accelerate the next opening of a window to contend.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to be quite a ways away from contending again any time soon. The pitching will only regress as we cant/wont sign any front line SP's, and the BP needs multiple reliable arms as Bush and to some extent Claudio seem to be the only somewhat reliable options at the moment.

The offense has shown signs of not being able to get runners in for several years now. They strike out at an alarming rate and most don't get on base at a good enough clip. The team as a whole makes way too many outs on the bases and there isnt enough contact for that old aggressiveness approach they implemented in past years to get guys in.

Lots of the AL is getting better specifically the Astros in our own division and Texas isnt going to have enough to keep up. All of which is going to be tough to swallow while heading out to a new ballpark to support our team. I will still be out there though!
It's a 3-4 year job from where the roster stands today

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a 3-4 year job from where the roster stands today

I think that is apropos, considering where this team appears headed in the short term