• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams that have been down way too long

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did I bring up Oregon? Because if you want to measure progress you must take into account who you are trailing. Common sense no? If we are to overtake the NW where we belong we have to pass them up. Unlike your boys who got there on the backs of total garbage sanctions on our program and the money your sugar daddy threw around, UW is building it up through hard work.

QUOTE]

This part made me laugh out loud, literally. As if UW has no money......I love your excuses....they make me smile:suds:

Keep up the hard work, and remember every time you disrespect Uncle Phil, you are disrespecting someone who regularly donates millions to your program as well, including all of your "new" fancy uniforms. Switch to Under-Armor, then you can have uniforms like Maryland.....

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has been awarded 9 national titles. They only claim 4 because retroactive titles are bullshit. If you didn't win it the year it happened your title claim is shit. For Minnesota to claim they have 7, by that standard, Texas has 9. Also, Notre Dame has 22, Alabama has 19, Oklahoma and USC have 17, etc etc

Hell some of these are freaking Jeff Sagarin awarded titles. Are people really hanging their hat on that??? Some MIT geek gets to decide who was champion 80 years after it happened? GTFO

Solid noob post

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part made me laugh out loud, literally. As if UW has no money......I love your excuses....they make me smile:suds:

Keep up the hard work, and remember every time you disrespect Uncle Phil, you are disrespecting someone who regularly donates millions to your program as well, including all of your "new" fancy uniforms. Switch to Under-Armor, then you can have uniforms like Maryland.....

So phil donates all of their uniforms? UW doesn't pay a single dime for anything they wear? Pretty sure that is :bullshit: I remember reading about their uniform budget and it wasn't cheap.

Either way, he didn't build us the types of facilities he gave you guys now did he.

Never said UW doesn't have money. They do, and it's because we work for it.

And exactly what excuses are you talking about? I love how every time a duck loses in a discussion they say either everyone is 'jelly' or making excuses. Tell me what part of anything I said isn't true. Right, you can't but it makes you feel better to find a way to diss on it anyway. That's a duck for you.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was from 2011, source was Rachel Bachman from the Oregonian. These contracts are still in place for the most part and include annual increases based on scholarships and other demographics. " Adidas gives the Bruins $4.6 million annually in cash, uniforms and other perks, well ahead of Nike's $3.4 million annual gifts to Washington. The Ducks rank third, at $2.8 million annually, despite Nike co-founder and UO alumnus Phil Knight being a fixture at football games. "

Look wiz, I never said we don't have the luxury and luck of having Uncle Phil, its just you don't quite understand what he means to YOUR program as well. As far as your "we earned it" comment, well that may be true, but perhaps some of you that earned it should give some back to the school so you are not constantly 3-5 years behind Oregon in facilities. And its not just Oregon, all we did was copy the blueprint for facilities that was laid long before we built anything. Take a look at big time SEC schools, they all have awesome facilities. It really should not be that hard for someone at UW to attract some billionaires up in Seattle. I would start at Boeing, Starbucks, Amazon or maybe Bill Gates? Or maybe he just hates the Huskies, cant really blame him I guess.

If you need me to point out what you say that is wrong, we can start with your "we do it through hard work" statement. Two things wrong with this statement, one- your haven't "done" anything. And two- we have gotten our results on the field, you should know that, you look up at the same scoreboard that I do. If by "hard work" you mean constantly under-achieving, then cheers, you have arrived.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois also has more NCs than Texas. 5. Last one in 1951.

There's a freebee for butthurt OU fan.