• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams that are officially out of the College Football Playoff already.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need to rely on Nebraska to have a decent year. Which sucks.
With Wisconsins upcoming schedule and their injuries. Missing Clement,his back up Deal and Fumagalli. And Nebraska playing solid football. The Huskers could very well win the B1G West this year

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Wisconsins upcoming schedule and their injuries. Missing Clement,his back up Deal and Fumagalli. And Nebraska playing solid football. The Huskers could very well win the B1G West this year
They should. I mean that should be the expectation for them. But again this is the program that couldn't seem to win the Big 12 North....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should. I mean that should be the expectation for them. But again this is the program that couldn't seem to win the Big 12 North....
The Huskers look like a much improved team. Wisconsin is a very good team. But they have a ton of injuries going into a five game stretch starting this week. @ #8Michigan State,@#4Mighigan,Bye week, #2 Ohio State,@Iowa then #20 Nebraska. Iowa looked awful last week in their loss to North Dakota State. The Huskers have a real shot at the B1G West and a trip to the B1G CCG.Houston still has Louisville. The ACC still has some big conference games and FSU/Florida. The only downfall is with few PAC teams ranked it isn't helping the conference as far as SOS. When it comes to selection time

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very unlikely that Oklahoma will make the playoffs, but not impossible.

2 OOC losses with no CCG? They're done.

In 2014 Ohio State lost to VTech early and had they not blown out Wisconsin in the CCG ... would have never even made the playoffs. Not having a CCG is HUGE.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 OOC losses with no CCG? They're done.

In 2014 Ohio State lost to VTech early and had they not blown out Wisconsin in the CCG ... would have never even made the playoffs. Not having a CCG is HUGE.
I agree and it killed Baylor and TCU that year and rightfully so. I can see Houston making a solid case if they win out especially with their OOC scheduling. I can see SOS having the potential to play a major role this year. Hopefully causing teams to learn. A weak SOS does not guarantee a playoff spot. Teams like OSU,Alabama,etc....Should get the edge when there is a major differential in SOS imo. Scheduling highly ranked teams is a high risk worthy of reward

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think unless you have Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, or Texas win out, then the Big XII will not get a team in. Granted, I don't think any of that happens. Oklahoma is way out.

I think Oregon is out. Sorry, they just don't have the talent to win out so I'm not sure why even bother with that scenario.

Teams in the SEC that are for sure out are:
Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Miss State, Auburn, and Ole Miss.

LSU is close, and South Carolina doesn't have a chance.

The teams that still have a chance, in order of how talented I think they are, are:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. Tennessee (Based on talent, not what they've showed us yet)
4. Florida
5. Arkansas
6. UGA
7. LSU

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest hurdle for a team like Oregon (assuming they win out) will be Houston, if they too win out and look great.
That would be a tough decision with the way things look today. Now perhaps more Pac 12 teams creep up in the rankings down the stretch. That would increase Oregon (or any Pac 12 teams) odds greatly.

A 1-loss conference game champion is never out of the picture.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think unless you have Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, or Texas win out, then the Big XII will not get a team in. Granted, I don't think any of that happens. Oklahoma is way out.

I think Oregon is out. Sorry, they just don't have the talent to win out so I'm not sure why even bother with that scenario.

Teams in the SEC that are for sure out are:
Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Miss State, Auburn, and Ole Miss.

LSU is close, and South Carolina doesn't have a chance.

The teams that still have a chance, in order of how talented I think they are, are:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. Tennessee (Based on talent, not what they've showed us yet)
4. Florida
5. Arkansas
6. UGA
7. LSU

If West Virginia goes undefeated, they're in.

But, come on man, we're more talented than Arkansas. They might be a better team, but we have more talent.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest hurdle for a team like Oregon (assuming they win out) will be Houston, if they too win out and look great.
That would be a tough decision with the way things look today. Now perhaps more Pac 12 teams creep up in the rankings down the stretch. That would increase Oregon (or any Pac 12 teams) odds greatly.

A 1-loss conference game champion is never out of the picture.
If Houston wins out they may be too much of a hurdle for any 1 loss P5 team. If SOS comes into play a second place team in the B1G,ACC or SEC could potentially be too much of a hurdle imo. Michigan State and Ohio State in the B1G alone would have a solid case for a spot. If it came down to a 1 loss team without a conference championship. There are a few teams that scheduled very tough. And have quite a resume when it comes down to it

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P5 teams that are out barring complete chaos

SEC:

South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Missouri
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi State

ACC:

NC State
Duke
Virginia
Florida State(sorry, you lose by that much, you should be eliminated)
Syracuse
Boston College
Virginia Tech

B1G:

Rutgers
Penn State
Purdue
Illinois
Northwestern
Iowa

Big 12

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Iowa State

Pac 12

USC
Colorado
Washington State

Independent:

Notre Dame

Everyone else is still alive IMO. Oklahoma got in as a 1 loss Big 12 champ last season with a bad loss. Could happen with Texas, so they aren't eliminated yet.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except one if not both would not be ranked top ten.
3 ranked teams in the polls one hanging on by a thread .Going into conference play which has been a disaster the past few years. The PAC is a mess again. I wouldnt be surprised if they miss the playoffs again

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If West Virginia goes undefeated, they're in.

But, come on man, we're more talented than Arkansas. They might be a better team, but we have more talent.

TBH, I forget WV is in the Big XII. :L

You know, I think you are definitely more talented. Your offensive line is putrid, and I'm still not sure how Eason will do this year (although I think for the future you are in great hands). What scares me about UGA is that they are under-performing. Nichols was almost a nightmare, but Mizzou talent wise is all on the D-line + LB's, but you guys still didn't look good against them.

Arkansas on the other hand has a more impressive win (IMO, especially since it was on the road). I think they could be in trouble this weekend against A&M, but who knows?!?

I think the difference between UGA and Arkansas is minimal. Chubb being the best player of either team of course, but UGA just doesn't have 'it' this year. We shall see, I've been wrong a million times on this kind of thing.