• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team has a lot of holes

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Marvin is a big issue, but that's not going away..... The other issues.

--Clearly we need guards. The game turned on an amazing play by the Texans d-end, but if McGlynn were doing his job it wouldn't have been an issue. The guards also gave up inside pressure on a key sack late third/early 4th. And we can't run.

-- Clearly we need safeties. Chris Crocker should no longer be a pro. How many times did the D put him in the right situation, only for him to blow it? Not sure how Zimmer can even sleep at night thinking about how horrible Crocker really is.

-- It would be great to have Hall back healthy, but we'll still need help at CB. Jennings was lucky once or twice and PacMan is not that good.

Anything else at this point would be a luxury.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won;t win 5 fucking games next season.

We also need a QB, a RB, a WR, a HC, and a OC...and a new owner. Other than that we're good!

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were running things:

Grab the best RB you can in free agency, as well as the best center or guard.

Go guard and safety in the first round of the draft, then all dbs and oline after that.

If Forte, Lynch or Rice get franchise, I would gladly give up one of our two first round picks to get them. Otherwise, I would try to trade our two picks for a top 5 pick to get Richardson.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, we'll win 5 at least next year. Did you see the crap teams we get to play? This team is good enough to beat the garbage of the NFL - Just not good enough to win a single game against a real squad.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guards were run over, all day......actually all season....
We really could use one good running back....
Crocker simply must be replaced....
Watching Detroit/New Orleans, the difference is like night and day......

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guards were run over, all day......
We really could use one good running back....
Crocker simply must be replaced....
Watching Detroit/New Orleans, the difference is like night and day......

There's no comparison at all. Our team cannot win in today's NFL as is. It can't. Nothing to discuss further.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clearly we need guards. The game turned on an amazing play by the Texans d-end, but if McGlynn were doing his job it wouldn't have been an issue. The guards also gave up inside pressure on a key sack late third/early 4th. And we can't run.

I'm not sure that play wasn't a coaching issue. After hearing the announcers say McGlynn should have gone low, I rewound it to watch the other guys and Livings went high on his guy as well. Nonetheless, agree the guards are a major issue.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could fill this team with pro bowlers and it wouldn't mean a damn thing as long as Marvin Lewis is our coach.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could fill this team with pro bowlers and it wouldn't mean a damn thing as long as Marvin Lewis is our coach.

Probably true. We'd got 9-7 with a probowl roster.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really hate to pull the race card, but do you think Marvin gets any of the praise he is currently afforded if he was white? If he wasn't black, he would be as big of a joke as Norv Turner.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really hate to pull the race card, but do you think Marvin gets any of the praise he is currently afforded if he was white? If he wasn't black, he would be as big of a joke as Norv Turner.

Valid point. Especially in a city which experienced race riots the last decade. Black mayor, black police chief too....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marv just gets credit because he's not as bad (record-wise) as the coaches that preceded him. Mike Brown is happy with our wild-card birth. That's good for an extension.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marv just gets credit because he's not as bad (record-wise) as the coaches that preceded him. Mike Brown is happy with our wild-card birth. That's good for an extension.

Bingo! Mikey digs mediocrity....

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Mike Brown has always been of the attitude "as long as the stadium is full, nothing else matters". Well, the stadium was far from full, and if the lemmings don't jump at a chance to get tickets after this year, maybe Brown finally makes a switch. But that still leaves us with at least one more year of Marvin Lewis.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
You all have a ton of picks this year a couple of guards and you all will be fine. Tough loss today

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Obviously Marvin is a big issue, but that's not going away..... The other issues.

--Clearly we need guards. The game turned on an amazing play by the Texans d-end, but if McGlynn were doing his job it wouldn't have been an issue. The guards also gave up inside pressure on a key sack late third/early 4th. And we can't run.

-- Clearly we need safeties. Chris Crocker should no longer be a pro. How many times did the D put him in the right situation, only for him to blow it? Not sure how Zimmer can even sleep at night thinking about how horrible Crocker really is.

-- It would be great to have Hall back healthy, but we'll still need help at CB. Jennings was lucky once or twice and PacMan is not that good.

Anything else at this point would be a luxury.

Agree with all of this. Our best defender was playing CB for the Texans today. Of all the perplexing moves our front office makes, not franchising Joseph is one of the worst...

I'm not sure if Hall will ever be the same after that injury..

a CB has to be picked in the 1st rd. The interior of the OL is the other huge need, but it should be easy to find a quality Guard in the 2nd rd or FA

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could easily make the argument that Leon Hall was the MVP of this defense. Never the same after he was injured.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Nailed it. I talk a lot to other Bengals fans on Twitter, and invariably, when I say Marvin sucks, I'm told that Marvin is much better than what we had before, and that we couldn't get anybody any better anyway, so it's best to keep him.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know. Mike Brown has always been of the attitude "as long as the stadium is full, nothing else matters". Well, the stadium was far from full, and if the lemmings don't jump at a chance to get tickets after this year, maybe Brown finally makes a switch. But that still leaves us with at least one more year of Marvin Lewis.

Valid point. Other fans try to make fun of the Bengals for not filling seats and being blacked out most of the home games. Personally, I loved it. Maybe Mike Brown will finally get a message that we're fed up with this shit.