• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TCU and WVU transition to Big 12

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://westvirginia.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=891&script=/content.asp&cid=1662035

From Gary Paterson

"In our last season of Mountain West Football after loosing 27 seniors, we didn't have enough depth in the last season of that league to be honest," said Patterson. "I told everybody before joining the Big 12, I thought it would take us 3 to 5 years to get to that depth point."

More:

Each team has still had its stars. WVU showed off Geno Smith, Stedman Bailey, Tavon Austin and Charles Sims in the past two years while TCU has had Casey Pachall, Stansly Maponga, and Jason Verrett. After those names and the other starters, both teams had a drop in talent.

The problem is when depth lacks in this league, teams show fatigue late in games and when teams get tired they make mental mistakes.

"The games that we lost, I'd say we beat ourselves," said TCU safety Sam Carter. "Any Saturday, you can lose and any one mistake can cost you the game. That's the biggest thing."

Over the past two seasons, WVU and TCU lost a combined 14 games by ten points or less.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Patterson obviously is just making excuses....

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Patterson obviously is just making excuses....

Yes he does not have a clue. Much like our sorry for an excuse coach.:doh: