• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor runs on field and starts blocking mid-play!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I didn't see that live, but certainly after the fact.

Guy might as well do something because he's been useless most of the year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super weird, not sure I've ever seen that happen before.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super weird, not sure I've ever seen that happen before.

I want to know how you explain that to the coaches? Either way Taylor needs to be benched. Him and Barton are the reason Seattle is getting destroyed on the run this year... get him outta here.... I am not fully blaming them because they clearly don't fit the scheme. Barton doesn't fit any scheme without an absolute MONSTER front 4 and Taylor needs to be in a 4-3 defense as well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know how you explain that to the coaches? Either way Taylor needs to be benched. Him and Barton are the reason Seattle is getting destroyed on the run this year... get him outta here.... I am not fully blaming them because they clearly don't fit the scheme. Barton doesn't fit any scheme without an absolute MONSTER front 4 and Taylor needs to be in a 4-3 defense as well.
You've got the criticism of Barton covered for all of us and then some, but I am a bit surprised at how invisible Taylor has been. I forget he's even on the team.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got the criticism of Barton covered for all of us and then some, but I am a bit surprised at how invisible Taylor has been. I forget he's even on the team.

In all fairness, Taylor had played a bit better recently but he was a trainwreck early in the season and he had nowhere to go but up.

Taylor was quite good last year, but he has been possibly the most "hurt" by the base scheme change. I was thinking they should probably trade him before the deadline.

I wonder if he gets fined or reprimanded in any way for running onto the field mid-play, or is it just over with? I certainly haven't seen it before.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real 12th man
Exactly... I've always hated the, "12th man" marketing by the Hawks... This was a legit 12th man on the field w/out a penalty, which is the funny thing about it...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do know that Taylor was injured right? he has played in 8 of the 12 possible games. He has 4 sacks so far and had not played since November 13th, almost a month ago.

He missed the Sep 14th game, started getting hot in October then got Injured again missing the Oct 30th game and Nov 6th games. He played on the 13th before the bye then after the bye he didn't play against the Raiders. Now I am not making excuses for him because he does vanish a lot when playing but 4 sacks in 8 games is nothing to laugh about for a team that has issues getting after the QB.

Yes he does need to do better, but he also needs to be on the field be it a healthy scratch or injury it doesn't matter you HAVE to play to put up stats. His longest streak of games played ( 4 ) happens to line up perfect with 50% of his sacks production.

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do know that Taylor was injured right? he has played in 8 of the 12 possible games. He has 4 sacks so far and had not played since November 13th, almost a month ago.

He missed the Sep 14th game, started getting hot in October then got Injured again missing the Oct 30th game and Nov 6th games. He played on the 13th before the bye then after the bye he didn't play against the Raiders. Now I am not making excuses for him because he does vanish a lot when playing but 4 sacks in 8 games is nothing to laugh about for a team that has issues getting after the QB.

Yes he does need to do better, but he also needs to be on the field be it a healthy scratch or injury it doesn't matter you HAVE to play to put up stats. His longest streak of games played ( 4 ) happens to line up perfect with 50% of his sacks production.
The sack production is one thing, but his struggles with essentially playing OLB (though he also has played DE, or some version of the Leo) in the switch to the base 3-4 scheme seemed to be a big issue. He struggles with coverage, and if he can't put a hand on the ground he seems less effective.
But I don't think the Seahawks haven't been in the base 3-4 as much, particularly recently.

We all knew the switch in schemes this year was going to hurt some players, and unfortunately Taylor is on that list. But he has been playing better recently, be it because of injury recovery, adaptation to the 3-4, or the coachs adjusting to how they are using him.

Hopefully he fully returns to form!

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

......either way, an injury doesn't explain his running onto the field and blocking midplay! Lol!