• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TaxSlayer Bowl vs Tennessee

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support the Hawkeyes through and through, that doesn't necessarily translate to support of the current coaching staff. Iowa just got new football digs, this translates to them being even with every top program in the country. Iowa should never have less than 9 wins per year in my book.

Looking at Minnesota and how they have done lately, then Iowa, one is going up, one is going down. The sad part is this coaching staff has the chops to do it and win, if only they can swallow their pride along with their high salaries to change. Change is hard, but you have to look at your schemes and playbook and decide where you want to go, who do you want to be...then move to that goal. Right now I feel KF feels that who he was mid 2000's is the same as who he wants to be til the end. Fine, but that will not win football games.

He must start beating Iowa State. He must not lose easy non conference games and he must beat teams that are not as good as Iowa. Fry got old, not his fault, we all do, but as it happened, the administration didn't have a plan til it was too late and he was too old. Still revere him for what he brought us out of...but the same is now happening to KF and I think Barta needs to lay down the law...this is millions of dollars and reputation on the line. It's not the Fry days when you barely had ESPN, this is big time tv, big time recruiting, big time media, everything is held up and if you can't get it done, then do the right thing and get out so we can get someone who will get it done.

Hawkeye fans did not travel cause it was frankly not worth traveling for and your eyewitness statements show that. Even the players seemed not to care. I do think aside from the first quarter, it was a pretty even game, but you have to play the whole game. They did not and they get flat out embarrassed.

I just hope they get their act together and solve it before kickoff in August.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you got your tickets at a discount..

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing how bad the program is right now, who really wanted to spend that kind of cash on watching a bad team play football?

Everyone knows the problems of the Iowa program. Iowa has to be the easiest team to prep for in the country.

Lack of speed plus zero creativity for beating the teams on the schedule will produce 6-7 wins annually for Iowa football.

I don't see any coaching changes on the horizon. KF likes what he has and Barta has gotten out of the way.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you got your tickets at a discount..

I did and the seats were outstanding with access to the Everbank Field President's Club. But inside the club I was yet again surrounded by nothing but TN fans...who, I must say, were very very good fans and very nice considering the situation on the field. I actually texted a few folks saying I should buy an orange Vols shirt and have fun that day. I noticed several Vols fans couldn't even look me in the eye as I was wearing Hawkeyes gear.

I think in the end the Vols fans were even disappointed....the game was over halfway through the 1st quarter. Even they probably were upset having made the trip for such a shitty game.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't your stereotypical SEC fans for sure.