• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TaxSlayer Bowl vs Tennessee

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jan 2nd in the "Formerly known as the Gator Bowl"

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team shows up? That is a question for both schools. Both have bad offenses with pretty decent defenses. The edge would go to Tennessee because of their speed.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vols have had some impressive losses this year. 3 point loss @ Georgia, 14 to Bama and 8 to Mizzou. I guess a bad loss for them was @ home to the Gators.

Their wins aren't very impressive to me. @ SCar, home for Vandy and Kentucky, then Arky st, Chattanooga and Utah St.

So basically, they are like us....

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a bad match up for Iowa. If Iowa wins, they'll say they beat a bad SEC team. If Tennessee wins, they'll say, a bad SEC team beat a worse B1G team.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a bad match up for Iowa. If Iowa wins, they'll say they beat a bad SEC team. If Tennessee wins, they'll say, a bad SEC team beat a worse B1G team.

I disagree. If Iowa wins, it's a win against the SEC and that beats playing a MWC or MAC team. Plus it's good money.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see which Iowa team shows up today, I have to work so will be catching the 2nd half I hope...I love how they are changing the offensive scheme for this game...where was that thinking in the regular season? For the record, I hate 6-6 teams getting into bowls, but if we lose, that's even worse. Iowa should win this game if they play hard.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to this game. Hope the "good Iowa" shows up, but we've really only seen them once or twice this season.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this team not play harder after the showing of their fellow B1G teams. Love to see the B1G get another bowl win against the faltering SEC.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pathetic performance by the Iowa program today. Iowa looks like a high school team today and slower than paint drying.
And what the heck is wrong with Parker today on kickoff returns.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far too much speed for Iowa to compete with. UT is faster at nearly every position on both sides of the ball. A complete disaster today for Iowa. Iowa will be lucky to keep UT from scoring 56 today.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pathetic performance by the Iowa program today. Iowa looks like a high school team today and slower than paint drying.
And what the heck is wrong with Parker today on kickoff returns.

Parker was in full retard mode and we looked like we were playing in mud. We made tons of mistakes to boot.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Parker's mistake, he is the only speedy guy we have, he's a freshman, should have used him on jet sweep, but KF likely got hacked at that so he benched him, like that was the whole problem

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Parker's mistake, he is the only speedy guy we have, he's a freshman, should have used him on jet sweep, but KF likely got hacked at that so he benched him, like that was the whole problem

Uh yeah, his QB move was late in the game after the "Full Retard" I'm talking about. His KO returns were laughable.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh yeah, his QB move was late in the game after the "Full Retard" I'm talking about. His KO returns were laughable.

I guess I missed that, I was working as well so had the tv on in the background while I grumbled through work...honestly the more I look at the game, after the first 3 scores, wasn't it pretty even?

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a time in Iowa football history that anyone can remember that was lower than this? Even Ferentz's first year with 1 win had more promise as we were getting recruits and things were improving. This is the beginning of the end for Ferentz and his ball-sucking coaching staff. I realize TN is closer to FL than IA is; however, IA is supposed to be known for traveling well. When I arrived yesterday several things struck me:

1) Upon pulling into one of the lots I saw nothing but orange. Wondered aloud to my wife if we were in the "Tennessee parking lot."

2) Walking to the game there were several t-shirt and novelty stands put up, I'd say 90% of the items for sale were Vols gear.

3) Walking into the stadium I saw maybe a handful of Iowa fans and 98% were Vols. Again, I wondered aloud if we had possibly walked into the "Tennessee side" of the stadium.

4) Got to our section, had one Iowa couple a few rows behind us and other than that I saw zero....repeat....ZERO Iowa fans for as far as the eye could see. We were literally surrounded by a sea of TN fans. I even had one TN fan walk up to me and ask me "Are you really an Iowa fan?"

5) Pre-game and during the game the Vols players were jumping around, dancing, having fun and got the crowd into it. Iowa players were walking around like they had just dropped loads in their pants. Which actually isn't too far from the truth once the game started.

I won't even talk about the game and how bad we suck at literally every single position and how, to a man, every single Iowa player was outplayed by their TN counterpart. That's pretty clear.

But what is shocking to me was the lack of fans and the lack of support Ferentz and this team seem to have right now. I know the school had to eat several thousand tickets this year, which is unheard of for Iowa.

My only hope is the lack of fan support continues to hurry the exit of Davis, Ferentz and every other clown who pretends to be a coach on this washed up team.