• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tanking this Season?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 years had no QBs worth a damn. The Next season might see 4 or 5 QB So Much Better than any QB the past 2 years.

I think it is obvious the Browns and Niners are Tanking (which makes the Browns choice of Kizer all the more puzzling). I think the Jets are also.

Who else will tank this season for one of the QBs coming out next year? There is still room for 1 or 2 teams.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to start by identifying the teams that need/will need a QB...

SF
Cleveland
Jets
Giants (develop)
New Orleans (develop)
Chargers (develop)
Broncos
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Pittsburgh (develop)
Washington

Of these teams, only these, I think, would consider tanking...

SF
Cleveland
Jets
Jacksonville

Add, maybe, Chicago as a team that may tank either for trade value or for another player, and we have a total 5 tankers...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a straight up "tank job". I think Jets and 49ers comes down to just losing games since they both lack talent, with that said then they might find their starter next draft if there someone they believe in...

Vikings and Titans would be my next two, both teams had young QB's go down with serious injuries, and that will come down to how those two rehab and if they make solid comebacks....

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a straight up "tank job". I think Jets and 49ers comes down to just losing games since they both lack talent, with that said then they might find their starter next draft if there someone they believe in...

Vikings and Titans would be my next two, both teams had young QB's go down with serious injuries, and that will come down to how those two rehab and if they make solid comebacks....
Good Call in the Vikings. A Slow start (plays Saints, At Steelers and Bucs) and they could pull a full tank job.

The Niners and Jets Draft and the Browns (for the most part) leads me to believe these 2 teams are already tanking by not getting QBs, or getting Back Ups. Fill other Holes and land the QB in 2018.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SF
Cleveland
Jets
Giants (develop)
New Orleans (develop)
Chargers (develop)
Broncos
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Pittsburgh (develop)
Washington

SF
Cleveland
Jets
Jacksonville

Add, maybe, Chicago as a team that may tank either for trade value or for another player, and we have a total 5 tankers...

I dont think the Jags will, too many things they did this offseason makes me think they really are trying to rescue Bortles.

Washington is a Interesting Choice.
They play the Eagles, At Rams, Raiders, At Chiefs then a Bye. 1-3 or 0-4 and I could see them Tank and Let Cousins walk.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id do it if I'm the Jets. I liked their draft but they punted on making themselves better in the short term.

Everyone else should be trying and I could come up with some reasons for each team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Jags will, too many things they did this offseason makes me think they really are trying to rescue Bortles.

Washington is a Interesting Choice.
They play the Eagles, At Rams, Raiders, At Chiefs then a Bye. 1-3 or 0-4 and I could see them Tank and Let Cousins walk.
I am not sure they really have a choice on letting Cousins walk. He doesn't want to be there, and if they tag him again, they will need to pay him approx 30M in '18.

If they let him walk (likely), he will likely go to the Niners, which means the Niners won't need a QB in the draft, and will pick another position, and/or trade down.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers probably, the Jaguars as well.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals need a QB desperately but won't have to worry because no matter where they are at they have the choice to pick the best QB in Luke Falk in next year's draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Next year's QB class" is always this year's mirage...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is tanking. The friggin pre-season didn't even start yet and you guys think an NFL team would actually do this? They aren't the fans. They actually try to play and win games:L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SF
Cleveland
Jets
Giants (develop)
New Orleans (develop)
Chargers (develop)
Broncos
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Pittsburgh (develop)
Washington

SF
Cleveland
Jets
Jacksonville

Not sure the Broncos are a team "needing" a QB. They have 3 QB's that they have drafted over the past 3 drafts. My guess is they are thinking one of those guys can develop into something.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the Broncos are a team "needing" a QB. They have 3 QB's that they have drafted over the past 3 drafts. My guess is they are thinking one of those guys can develop into something.
Plus you cant Tank. No Team with a Good to Great Defense could ever Tank... They can be Bad as a Team but not due to any other reason than a Bad Year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus you cant Tank. No Team with a Good to Great Defense could ever Tank... They can be Bad as a Team but not due to any other reason than a Bad Year.

Yeah Broncos won't be tanking any time soon. They got a new coaching staff that is out to prove they belong. Heck half the offensive coaching staff was brought in because they believe in the Broncos' young QB's and what they can do so again not sure they belong on this list. If there is no improvement in year 2 then yeah I can agree. To me if you include the Broncos then you need to include the Rams and the Eagles as neither of their young QB's really showed a ton this year to make you believe they will be something more than Paxton Lynch at this point.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Broncos won't be tanking any time soon. They got a new coaching staff that is out to prove they belong. Heck half the offensive coaching staff was brought in because they believe in the Broncos' young QB's and what they can do so again not sure they belong on this list. If there is no improvement in year 2 then yeah I can agree. To me if you include the Broncos then you need to include the Rams and the Eagles as neither of their young QB's really showed a ton this year to make you believe they will be something more than Paxton Lynch at this point.

I agree with most, but as much as I dislike the Eagles and Wentz, clearly he has a future, the Rams though need to move on as quick as possible!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most, but as much as I dislike the Eagles and Wentz, clearly he has a future, the Rams though need to move on as quick as possible!

I think Wentz has a future too but he did have quite a few struggles his rookie season. He started out strong but teams seemed to catch on how to play him and he dropped off dramatically. Have to see how he bounces back this year. My point though is at this point he has proven very little so not sure how you can have the Broncos on this list with Paxton Lynch but then not include the Eagles as well.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz has a future too but he did have quite a few struggles his rookie season. He started out strong but teams seemed to catch on how to play him and he dropped off dramatically. Have to see how he bounces back this year. My point though is at this point he has proven very little so not sure how you can have the Broncos on this list with Paxton Lynch but then not include the Eagles as well.
I agree with you there. I dont know why the Broncos were included. It is very hard to Tank in the NFL, 45 Football Players Dont Lay Down. But teams can set themselves up to be on the low end of the talent for a Tank Job. That is why I think the Redskins, after someone else mentioned it, could be the best surprise team. Gutted their WR and DL groups, have a bad relationship with a QB on a 1 year deal. A bad start and I could see them moving on in season from guys who wont be there next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you there. I dont know why the Broncos were included. It is very hard to Tank in the NFL, 45 Football Players Dont Lay Down. But teams can set themselves up to be on the low end of the talent for a Tank Job. That is why I think the Redskins, after someone else mentioned it, could be the best surprise team. Gutted their WR and DL groups, have a bad relationship with a QB on a 1 year deal. A bad start and I could see them moving on in season from guys who wont be there next year.

Yeah they make a lot of sense for that. Always see a team that is projected to do well fall. Arizona this past year is a great example. I was one that had them in the Super Bowl and well that was far from being the case. I wouldn't be shocked if Atlanta had a bad year. Always tough to lose the Super Bowl then be expected to get back up and try again. I've seen some things coming out of Seattle that their locker room just isn't all that solid this year so do we see that team with a bad start maybe struggling?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good QB's are hard to find... It's probably one of the toughest positions to fill.. A team can go decades and not have an elite QB ..