• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tampa Bay Lightning at Los Angeles Kings 11/19/13 | 10:30pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tampa-bay-lightning-logo-500x472.jpg
vs.
third_jersey_logo.jpg

at

staplescenter_0.jpg

Game Time: 10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST - FS-West​

LIGHTNING (14-6-0) at KINGS (14-6-1)

TV: SUN, FS-W

Last 10: Tampa Bay 7-3-0; Los Angeles 7-2-1

Season series: This is the second and final meeting this season. In the first meeting on Oct. 15 at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, Martin St. Louis scored twice as the Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the Los Angeles Kings, 5-1.

Big story: Both Los Angeles and Tampa Bay lost a franchise face this past week, but after three games neither team seems all that worse for the wear thus far.

The Kings are back in L.A. after going 3-0-1 on a recent swing through the New York area, winning the final three games despite a groin injury to goalie Jonathan Quick in the opener against the Buffalo Sabres.

The Eastern Conference-leading Lightning have won six of eight, including two of three since star forward Steven Stamkos was sidelined with a broken tibia a week ago. However, the Lightning will look to rebound after a 6-3 loss Saturday in Phoenix as they continue a four-game Western trip.

Team scope:

Lightning: The loss of Stamkos on Nov. 11 against the Boston Bruins seemed to barely phase the Lightning, who reeled off two straight wins after the injury to remain atop the Eastern Conference. The second, a 5-1 domination of the NHL-leading Anaheim Ducks this past Thursday, improved their record against the Western Conference to 7-0-0.

The first blemish to that record came Saturday night in Phoenix. Facing an already steep hill against a Coyotes team that is 9-0-1 at home, the situation escalated when Phoenix jumped out to a 3-0 lead. Goalie Ben Bishop gave up three goals on 14 shots before being pulled, ending his streak of eight straight starts without conceding more than two goals.

"It's tough. You go down 3-0 and now you're climbing the mountain," coach Jon Cooper said. "(Smith) made the save he had to and every time we thought we were seizing a little bit of momentum we'd give one up."

J.T. Brown, who received a call-up from Syracuse of the American Hockey League after the injury to Stamkos, scored his first NHL goal in the loss.

Kings: With the injury to Quick, the Kings survived the remainder of the road trip with some stingy goaltending from backup Ben Scrivens, who arrived in the summer in a goalie swap with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He held the New York Islanders to two goals and posted consecutive shutouts against the New Jersey Devils and New York Rangers. Scrivens owns an NHL-best three shutouts despite making only five starts.

In the finale of the road swing Sunday, the Kings held on against the Rangers for a 1-0 victory. Scrivens made 37 saves. Tyler Toffoli's fourth goal in seven games held up as the winner.

"That's why we got him here," forward Anze Kopitar said of Toffoli. "If he keeps doing that, he's going to stay here for a while. He's not going to leave this locker room."

Who's hot: Tampa Bay's St. Louis has a goal and three assists over his past two games. St. Louis also has 14 points (six goals, eight assists) in 14 career games against Los Angeles.

Injury report: For Tampa Bay, Bishop (collarbone) is questionable after taking a knock against the Coyotes. Defenseman Mark Barberio (upper body) is also questionable. Center Tom Pyatt (collarbone) and defensemen Brian Lee (knee), Keith Aulie (upper body) and Mattias Ohlund (knee) are out indefinitely. … Quick is out indefinitely for the Kings, who are also without wing Kyle Clifford (concussion), defenseman Matt Greene (upper body) and center Jeff Carter (lower body).

Tampa Bay Lightning at Los Angeles Kings - 11/19/2013

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there. Early as a matter of fact. The great-granddaughter and her mini-mite team from Oxnard are getting to have a practice at Staples Center in the afternoon prior to the game. Gotta be there for that.

Ox

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there. Early as a matter of fact. The great-granddaughter and her mini-mite team from Oxnard are getting to have a practice at Staples Center in the afternoon prior to the game. Gotta be there for that.

Ox

Have fun!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ox

It is never too early to teach them wash washes and cross checking

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is never too early to teach them wash washes and cross checking

Hell no it ain't, I took Pucky Jr. ice skating yesterday - he turned 3 on Oct 30. I started skating when I was almost 3.5, so he is ahead of the curve.

He isn't a natural like I was, he needs work, but he is getting the hang of it. Hopefully he's as nasty as his father out there.

=)~~

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone edit the initial post and put a new Tampa Bay Lightning logo on(the new logo they have), apparently the one I put on there stopped working for whatever reason

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battle of the Ben's tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, but your Ben has been stingy in his 8 games played. He has great stats! Good luck tonight Kings fans! I hope for a fun, clean & non-injury game! If we play like we did against the Yotes, bring a pillow to the game. Will be boring as heck! Well, maybe not for y'all. Cheers :suds:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone edit the initial post and put a new Tampa Bay Lightning logo on(the new logo they have), apparently the one I put on there stopped working for whatever reason

Looks good without Bolt logo, maybe we'll be incognito! :laugh3:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay Projected Lineup

Alex Killorn – Brett Connolly – Martin St. Louis
J.T. Brown – Valtteri Filppula – Teddy Purcell
Ryan Malone – Nate Thompson – B.J. Crombeen
Ondrej Palat – Tyler Johnson – Richard Panik

Sami Salo – Victor Hedman
Radko Gudas – Matthew Carle
Eric Brewer – Dmitry Korobov

Ben Bishop
Anders Lindback

Los Angeles Projected Lineup

Dustin Brown – Anze Kopitar – Justin Williams
Dwight King – Mike Richards – Tyler Toffoli
Daniel Carcillo – Jarret Stoll – Matt Frattin
Tanner Pearson – Linden Vey – Trevor Lewis

Jake Muzzin – Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr – Slava Voynov
Willie Mitchell – Alec Martinez

Ben Scrivens
Martin Jones

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Kings Go!!!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Carcillo/Stoll/Frattin. they seem so close to being a line that will chip in quite a few goals

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings going on the power play! Let's go boys!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopi!!!!! Nice play from Drew Doughty to get it to Kopi! Kings lead 1-0!

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on the power play... Time to pot another one.