• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talib- Possible 8 game suspension?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could .....

this was all the same BS stated for weeks ... So could means not a damn thing because the record stats he was shot
by someone else..

talk about a garbage
article I've ever seen.. I looked at Adam Schefter Tweets ...nothing

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems kinda harsh an 8 game suspension. I know he has a prior record is only reason why I could even see it close to happening.

IF he gets 8 games then it means there is more information gathered then what we know.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems kinda harsh an 8 game suspension. I know he has a prior record is only reason why I could even see it close to happening.

IF he gets 8 games then it means there is more information gathered then what we know.
Either that or Goodell has truly jumped the shark.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that or Goodell has truly jumped the shark.

Maybe he knows his time of having ultimate power will come to a close at the end of this CBA so he is just going as crazy as he can.

I agree with @Draft Crazy in that really the only way they can justify such a huge suspension is if they have more information than what we know right now. I mean you can't punish a guy for getting shot can you? Random people get shot all the time and these players are targets by people all the time. I know it wasn't his best move to be out that late but then to me you got to start punishing all players for being out late as any of them could have this happen.

Now honestly yes I do think he shot himself. The odds of somebody running by and shooting at a downward trajectory like that is slim to none. At the same time though we live in a country that presumes innocence until proven otherwise. I know the NFL doesn't operate on the same rules but that is a slippery slope to go down when you start making assumptions in all of these cases. A great example is with Talib last year where his brother got arrested in Dallas and the police tweeted out that they arrested Aqib Talib while I think he was still up in Denver. For about 5-6 hours everybody thought Talib had done something down right terrible and was quickly being found guilty in the eyes of the public. Can't jump to conclusions.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys this wright up was rehashed stuff from weeks ago and they lied about Adam Schefter

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could .............................my god ............................. Talk about going out on a limb ... What this was a way to get clicks to their shitty web site

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could .............................my god ............................. Talk about going out on a limb ... What this was a way to get clicks to their shitty web site

I heard the interview on the afternoon radio here in Denver. Schefter is a regular guest on the show. He was asked about discipline for Talib and he said that someone high up in the NFL made the comment about an 8 game suspension. Schefter himself was not saying that this was going to happen but just something he had heard from someone else. The Broncos Wire picked up the comments and wrote this article, not Schefter or ESPN itself.

I do think Goodell will suspend Talib, as he's had these kinds of off-field troubles too often but I don't see it going more than 4 games. With an appeal, that could get reduced to 2 games. That would be my guess.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the article says someone Schefter knows that is high up. Not Schefter reporting it himself.

To be fair it sucks for us and the Broncos, but Talib IMO got off pretty light for his past behavior. I figured he may end up getting a year ban on Tampa prior to leavint NE after his gun episode one of many run ins with him that summer, but he gotta off very light which surprised me.

I wonder if Elway put anything in his contract about suspensions given his past. I know I would have tried putting some lingo in about that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the article says someone Schefter knows that is high up. Not Schefter reporting it himself.

To be fair it sucks for us and the Broncos, but Talib IMO got off pretty light for his past behavior. I figured he may end up getting a year ban on Tampa prior to leavint NE after his gun episode one of many run ins with him that summer, but he gotta off very light which surprised me.

I wonder if Elway put anything in his contract about suspensions given his past. I know I would have tried putting some lingo in about that.

Well the nice thing is players that are suspended the money that they miss out on actually gets added to the next year's cap. So if he misses 8 games the Broncos get about $5 million added in cap space to next season. So Talib pretty much pays for our rookies next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A positive to every negative. ;)

I am hoping if he is suspended 8 games that Kayvon and Doss will then proof they are the next big deals in line. I know wishful thinking, but I have a lot of confidence in Kayvon if he cuts down on the holding and Doss seems headed in the right direction and I would be interested to see how he can cover the slot incase we need to depend on him to do that next year which looks very possible.

I look at it as opening up the door for the next man in line.

and if a CB is ever gonna succeed in the NFL it will be with this pass rush.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A positive to every negative. ;)

I am hoping if he is suspended 8 games that Kayvon and Doss will then proof they are the next big deals in line. I know wishful thinking, but I have a lot of confidence in Kayvon if he cuts down on the holding and Doss seems headed in the right direction and I would be interested to see how he can cover the slot incase we need to depend on him to do that next year which looks very possible.

I look at it as opening up the door for the next man in line.

and if a CB is ever gonna succeed in the NFL it will be with this pass rush.

What we could see is the next big FA signing that nets the Broncos a very nice Comp Pick. Elway has been incredible at getting those extra picks and then those players while being ok never seem to live up to the contract they signed elsewhere.

I really do want to see what Webster and Doss have. They have been 2 of the stars of camp from what I have read. Gives the Broncos some great options of either in the Nickel moving Harris to the slot and having Webster come in on the outside or have Doss go inside and keep Harris on the outside. Throw in then it gives us an incredible chance to see Roby starting. I would say if there is one player that is being talked the most about at camp other than the QB's it is Roby. I mean people are not being quiet in saying they think he will quickly be the best Corner in the entire NFL. Sounds like he is even outplaying a guy like Harris at this point. I wouldn't read too much into that type of talk other than the Broncos have some incredible Corners to compare him to so the fact that he is outperforming them should show the kid is ready to break out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how good does it feel to be in a situation where you lose a PRO BOWL CB, and replace him with one of the best young CB's in the game then feel confident enough in you depth guys? Obviously Talib would be a blow, but I feel good that we can do well without him too give the rest of our D... I feel most teams it would be a HUGE blow to.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how good does it feel to be in a situation where you lose a PRO BOWL CB, and replace him with one of the best young CB's in the game then feel confident enough in you depth guys? Obviously Talib would be a blow, but I feel good that we can do well without him too give the rest of our D... I feel most teams it would be a HUGE blow to.

Oh it feels pretty darn good! Throw in then knowing that eventually that Pro Bowl player returns adding that much more depth to our Corner group. I mean it is crazy to think of the abundance we have at that position. I remember an NFL article about top Cornerback duos earlier this off season and they had the Broncos ranked #1. They also commented that even though Talib could miss time with injury or suspension that it didn't matter because the next guy up was down right impressive in Roby so they still stayed on top with or without Talib.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter was reporting it on TV today. I don't think this is a case of a site making up a story.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adam was discussing this "hypothetically" with someone. This knowledgeable person told him 8 games. No one knows what happened but something happened , the potential to do something wrong.

The league doesn't like gun, nor alcohol and a history of players with guns and alcohol. Looking for the opportunity to finally nail Talib.

Remember this was the same guy that fought another rookie at the rookie symposium to start his NFL career.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this was the same guy that fought another rookie at the rookie symposium to start his NFL career.

And the rookie was his own teammate in Cory Boyd who was also drafted by the Buccaneers, but that is really nothing compared to his other run ins. Himself and his own mother chased down and fired shots at his sisters ex boyfriend. I really thought Talib was going to get a long suspension for that one.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no proof and he gets 8 games .. Lawyer and lawsuit .