• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TACO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to hear Jerry say in the presser that one of the things they liked about Taco and that they look for in players is how healthy he was throughout his time in College:wtf:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High character guy too. Can't have enough of those.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to hear Jerry say in the presser that one of the things they liked about Taco and that they look for in players is how healthy he was throughout his time in College:wtf:
yep that is just crazy coming from the man that invented the "Blue Star Special" on taking injured players

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the Cowboys only gave 18 first round grades, and the CB was a first round grade. They gave Taco a second round grade and had him in the early 20's
The way I'm reading that is the CB with a first round grade still on the board is Sidney Jones. But they didn't want to take an injury guy probably for the reasons stated here in the weeks leading up to last night.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I'm reading that is the CB with a first round grade still on the board is Sidney Jones. But they didn't want to take an injury guy probably for the reasons stated here in the weeks leading up to last night.
Yeah that's very possible, they didn't name the corner. They seem excited about Taco

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was starting to wonder that too. Jerry usually gives shit away even when he is trying to be sly. It seemed like bringing up that Taco was healthy and they had one DB left with a 1st round grade together was a little interesting. And then at pone point Stephen made mention that the guy could be on the board when they pick again. Not sure a guy like King would be there but Jones likely would. He wasn't one of the visits. Would they be able to have their Doctors look at him if he wasn't a visit? I don't know if you take that kid without having your doctor OK it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was starting to wonder that too. Jerry usually gives shit away even when he is trying to be sly. It seemed like bringing up that Taco was healthy and they had one DB left with a 1st round grade together was a little interesting. And then at pone point Stephen made mention that the guy could be on the board when they pick again. Not sure a guy like King would be there but Jones likely would. He wasn't one of the visits. Would they be able to have their Doctors look at him if he wasn't a visit? I don't know if you take that kid without having your doctor OK it.
I have to give the Cowboys a lot of credit for knowing their stuff...they went with their top rated DE because they felt the dropoff at DE was much higher than it was at DB, and they went out and landed two flat out ball players. Love their draft

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, that isn't how I heard and read it but I didn't watch the entire press conference. Will watch at lunch. Thanks
I read it the same way, Taco had a 2nd rd grade, but the team saw better opportunities to get a starting CB at 60 then they would a DE. I think they put a lot of weight on team needs in their decision.