• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Syracuse at Maryland--not a gimmie???

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes...what a poorly played game. Maryland had at least 20 turn overs, most of them by simply throwing the ball away. Don't know what their shooting percentage was, but it wasn't good. Syracuse up by 12 with 6 minutes to go and almost lost that game between Cooney launching bricks with plenty of time on the clock and Gbenije's turn overs. Would have lost had Maryland had any kind of game down the stretch. Grant being out was probably some of the problem as the inside rebounding was not as one-sided as expected. Syracuse better figure something out before Saturday or they will lose to Virginia. Sorry to be so negative....have to say it as I saw it. Maybe some of you differ and that's OK. Just my opinion.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just weird seeing them okay without grant. All jump shots tonight. Not our style at all. Got to rest him for UVA.

Maryland 20 points from FT us 5.

Yeah, saw the FT difference, however really didn't think the refs called a bad game; just saw a bunch of reach ins and blocking fouls. Will say at the end of the game, Christmas could have been called for blocking on their last drive and they let it go.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the team is this beat up, I'll take the wins. JB doesn't care about the point spread. The team is 26 - 2....it's a W.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win but that was very ugly. Atle ast Ennis was aggressive and fair played a good game. After that there wasnt much to brag about. Time to rest up for Virginia.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win is a win. You take 'em however you get them in this conference. And be glad you got the W.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, saw the FT difference, however really didn't think the refs called a bad game; just saw a bunch of reach ins and blocking fouls. Will say at the end of the game, Christmas could have been called for blocking on their last drive and they let it go.

really? that play was clean as hell man. perfect defense

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes...what a poorly played game. Maryland had at least 20 turn overs, most of them by simply throwing the ball away. Don't know what their shooting percentage was, but it wasn't good.
These are the same things that have been killing the Terps the last two years. The Terps haven't had a true point guard since Turgeon has been at MD. I'm not sure why he continues to recruit combo guards.

All the credit goes to SU. They were playing on short rest and hit some great clutch shots at the end to pull out the win.

CUSEinthehouse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this with every Syracuse game lately, lol

BhSRMibIQAAG90K.jpg

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? that play was clean as hell man. perfect defense
I agree. That play looked clean to me.

I'm still scratching my head that they didn't call a timeout to try to set something up. There was still plenty of time left.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the same things that have been killing the Terps the last two years. The Terps haven't had a true point guard since Turgeon has been at MD. I'm not sure why he continues to recruit combo guards.

All the credit goes to SU. They were playing on short rest and hit some great clutch shots at the end to pull out the win.

Thanks trevler...you're a class act.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to worry about, Cuse guys. When you play badly and you win anyway that is the sign of a great team.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse pulled one off again. I wonder how they will do against VA..

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
escaped more to do with MDs ineptness than their play. Win close games against good teams, nothing to worry about....win close games to teams you should be dominating, be concerned.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse will be fine. They are just in a funk right now. ACC play can do that to you. I have no doubt Boeheim will have them ready come tourney time.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
escaped more to do with MDs ineptness than their play. Win close games against good teams, nothing to worry about....win close games to teams you should be dominating, be concerned.

If i was Jim B i'd be very concerned..

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many of you have overlooked just how dinged up SU has been down this stretch. I also think Coleman's absense is a much bigger blow than many understand.

Before I go further, I thought the officiating was fine last night. Like every basketball games, calls could have gone the other way. I don't care one bit about the FT discrepancy. The game was officiated just fine.

Last night Fair sat much of the game on the bench due to foul trouble...he is SU's leading scorer, denfender and go to guy. Grant played only 13 minutes. Christmas sat much of the game because of foul trouble. Without Grant, Fair, Coleman and Christmas....just who do you folks think is going to run the baseline? Keita is still nursing a bad knee.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is a mid season grind. The bench players are seeing increasing minutes. Through all of this SU is still winning. lol. Question SU all you want.

jonvi like em.:nod:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like jonvi a lot more than I like the Orange right now. (but as you know, I'm always skeptical of the Cuse)

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like jonvi a lot more than I like the Orange right now. (but as you know, I'm always skeptical of the Cuse)

A wise man once wrote:

"Playing a good schedule is important, but it will always be secondary to winning games, and there is no bs about that."

:suds:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A wise man once wrote:

"Playing a good schedule is important, but it will always be secondary to winning games, and there is no bs about that."

:suds:

Right there is the dilemma...a school with a weak schedule could rest Keita and Grant and still win....Not happening in the ACC and that's one reason why teams lose. You are correct; Syracuse is banged up at the moment and it's up to JB to figure it out. Can't go into the NCAA tournament without a healthy and rested squad.