• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Syracuse at Maryland--not a gimmie???

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many of you have overlooked just how dinged up SU has been down this stretch. I also think Coleman's absense is a much bigger blow than many understand.

Before I go further, I thought the officiating was fine last night. Like every basketball games, calls could have gone the other way. I don't care one bit about the FT discrepancy. The game was officiated just fine.

Last night Fair sat much of the game on the bench due to foul trouble...he is SU's leading scorer, denfender and go to guy. Grant played only 13 minutes. Christmas sat much of the game because of foul trouble. Without Grant, Fair, Coleman and Christmas....just who do you folks think is going to run the baseline? Keita is still nursing a bad knee.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is a mid season grind. The bench players are seeing increasing minutes. Through all of this SU is still winning. lol. Question SU all you want.

jonvi like em.:nod:

Until the Maryland game Fair played like 483 of a possible 490 minutes in 12 games. Ennis close behind with 3/4 minutes rest per game. Keita still not 100 percent and Grant has been hurting for a while. We will be alright.

Yes Coleman's injury hurt more than I expected. He will be a good Junior/Sr. Team exceeded my expectations I am happy. Nothing better than your team being ranked throughout the year almost every year. A lot of people can't say that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is college basketball. Teams play 30+ games.

Unless you're playing more than 2/3 of your season outside of the rpi top-100 (*ahem* WSU *cough*)... you're going to have several close wins, no matter how good you are.

Florida and Arizona have won 7 of their games by 6 points or less, Syracuse has won 8 of their games by 6 or less.

Whatever concern should come from winning close games to inferior teams, it is far outweighed by the good that comes from it, IMO. Having a history of pulling out tough close wins is great for any team that wants to go far in march.

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, How long does that fking D have to up? It makes me want to puke.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, How long does that fking D have to up? It makes me want to puke.

It's not pretty. But really...If the SU offense is that bad, you would think the games that did go into the 70s, 80's and 90's SU would have been run out the gym somewhere. It comes down to other teams and how they want to play SU.

Coach K tried run and gun against SU in the dome. But to be aggessive, Duke had to crash the boards against a big, athletic baseline and often over commit on offense and when SU picked thier pocket or got a quick board, SU ran them out the gym because duke wasn't back on D. That was a good high scoring game.

At home, Coach K slowed the game down and made sure the team was able to get back on D. When teams take 35 seconds and get a rebound, there are limited chances for SU. And when SU did get the board, Duke was back on D stopping the fast break...which is what athletic teams like SU feast off of. This makes SU set up in the half court offense taking more time off the clock.

SU took em to test both games. I love this shit.

Miami was the first to figure out that slowing SU down seemed to leave teams with a chance to win at the end. That is especially true with all these minor, nagging injuries that SU has.

Come tournament time, Ennis is no longer a true freshman. The man is getting educated by the best in the ACC right now and he's gonna make people pay. Keita is getting stronger every game. Grant has a pulled muscle in his back..we've all had them. He'll be 100% in the ACC tournament and the perfect tournament highlight real. Get all the forwards back and Christmas will spend most of the night at the 5 spot with Keita spelling him and the forwards.

Gbinije and Roberson have picked up some valuble minutes. Gbinije had a couple 2nd half assist and key baskets in last nights win. At full strength, the options of rotating for foul trouble is less an issue and sometime the change up works.

Lastly ... the NCAA tournament requires only 2 games and then you get 5 days off to rest and heal. Young bodies heal so fast especially when rested. No classes....When SU gets in the dance, they are gonna be a tuff out.

Man....I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about this shit.