• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday brings us the #1 rushing offense against the #1 rushing defense who ya got?

Who will have the better game?

• Th Cowboy rushing offense

• The Packer rushing defense

Results are only viewable after voting.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 rushing offense belonging to the Dallas Cowboys at 155.2 yards per game

against

The #1 rushing defense belonging to the Green Bay Packers allowing 42.8 yards per game which is the second greatest rushing defense after the first 4 games of a season since the start of the Super Bowl Era

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the Clownboys. Yuck can't believe I just said that. GB may contain Elliott but I think Dak and his receivers will do enough damage for the win. Especially if GBs offense plays as bad as they have lately. What's the word on Lacy's ankle? You need him healthy.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good runningback the packers have faced is AP and he really didn't look the same week 1 even. Yeldon, Riddick, and Darkwa are not even good runningbacks. This will be the first real test that green bay's run defense has faced.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good runningback the packers have faced is AP and he really didn't look the same week 1 even. Yeldon, Riddick, and Darkwa are not even good runningbacks. This will be the first real test that green bay's run defense has faced.
Numbers are funny that way. Cleveland was the # 1 rushing offense before this past week.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will run all over Green Bay

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will trample the Packers IMO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Boys in a landslide.

The Packers #1 rushing defense?

TJ Yeldon and no Chris Ivory
AP injured, and 31, it was due guys...
Some dude for the Lions
Does NY Giants even have a runningback? Is it still that Vareen guy? No.. instead Eli almost has as much YPC as some dude that sounds like a Pokemon. Orleans Darkwa? Dude... wtf, just sue your parents now.

Look not smashing the Packers, but they have gone up against the most pedestrian runningback situations. I only bring it up since you titled it #1 rush defense.

That said, I think the Cowboys O-Line is going to have a field day and Elliott will go off. Happy to come back and eat crow if I'm wrong. I've done it before...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some dude for the Lions
Does NY Giants even have a runningback? Is it still that Vareen guy? No.. instead Eli almost has as much YPC as some dude that sounds like a Pokemon. Orleans Darkwa? Dude... wtf, just sue your parents now.

Look not smashing the Packers, but they have gone up against the most pedestrian runningback situations. I only bring it up since you titled it #1 rush defense.

That said, I think the Cowboys O-Line is going to have a field day and Elliott will go off. Happy to come back and eat crow if I'm wrong. I've done it before...

Now that was funny

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, whenever you think you know what the Packers' identity is it changes in dramatic fashion. Such a bipolar team. I wouldn't be surprised to see Elliot run for 200yds. I've never thought Dom Capers was a good DC. He proves my opinion right every year.

And as Shark already said... Pretty pedestrian rushing attacks that they've faced so far.

Cowboys will win the rushing matchup for sure. But I'm not sure who will win the game. Depends on which Aaron Rodgers shows up. If he struggles early then the Boys will control the TOP and thus the outcome of the game. So based off of Rodgers' production thus far, I'll take the Cowboys.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some dude for the Lions

That said, I think the Cowboys O-Line is going to have a field day and Elliott will go off. Happy to come back and eat crow if I'm wrong. I've done it...

This is going just as I thought it should be an interesting game.

We can look at how the #1 rushing offense got their numbers as well.

Week #1 against the #13 rushing D the NYG
Week #2 against the #30 rushing D of the Skins
Week #3 against the #24 rushing D of the Bears
week #4 against the #31 rushing D of the 49ers
week #5 against the #19 rushing D of the Bengals

So 2 of the worst in the league at 30 and 31 and 2 others in the lower half of the league

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking if we lose it won't be because of our lack of offense.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So 2 of the worst in the league at 30 and 31 and 2 others in the lower half of the league

Were the Bengals 19th against the run before Dallas went off on them?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You bring up a fair point, but it's widely accepted that Dallas has one of the best, if not the best, offensive line in the league. They've been great for awhile now regardless of opponent. Top 10 rushing offense the last two years including 9th last year when everyone stacked the box all game because Matt Cassel and Kellen Moore aren't going to beat you with their arms.

Seems to lean more towards Dallas but I guess we'll see. I suppose there is a reason they play the games.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the Clownboys. Yuck can't believe I just said that. GB may contain Elliott but I think Dak and his receivers will do enough damage for the win. Especially if GBs offense plays as bad as they have lately. What's the word on Lacy's ankle? You need him healthy.

If the Pack just play the second half the way they do in the first half they win by 3 TD's. If they don't they will lose. They have to be the worst second half team in the NFL. I think they avg 5 ppg in the second half. LMAO

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up a fair point, but it's widely accepted that Dallas has one of the best, if not the best, offensive line in the league. They've been great for awhile now regardless of opponent. Top 10 rushing offense the last two years including 9th last year when everyone stacked the box all game because Matt Cassel and Kellen Moore aren't going to beat you with their arms.

Seems to lean more towards Dallas but I guess we'll see. I suppose there is a reason they play the games.

Packers now have the best O-line in the NFL according to pro football focus. Rodgers has an avg of like 4-5 seconds to throw and if you can create holes big enough for Eddie Lacy aka Feast Mode aka the Elephant to avg 5.5 YPC then that is easily the best O-line in the game (statistically and the eye test).

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers have faced bad rush offenses as well:
Minn #32
G-men #26
Det #23
Jags #30

Looks like the same thing as GB has faced two of the worst rushing offenses and the others are in the lower half of the league.

I'm sure both are good but not 150+ yds rushing or 42 yards given up per game good. I expect about 100 total yards rushing from Dal on Sunday. Not great but not stuffed.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers now have the best O-line in the NFL according to pro football focus. Rodgers has an avg of like 4-5 seconds to throw and if you can create holes big enough for Eddie Lacy aka Feast Mode aka the Elephant to avg 5.5 YPC then that is easily the best O-line in the game (statistically and the eye test).

It's possible that GB does have the best O-line in the league right now, but it's indisputable that Dallas is one of the best. That's what I was getting at there.

I've seen more consistency from Dallas dominating the run than GB stopping it so I'd take the Cowboys to win this battle in the trenches.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any given Sunday, it will be dependent on who comes to play. Week to week, the Cowboys have improved and it appears the rest of the players are rallying around the 2 rookies. Cowboys Oline has been banged up and the depth has allowed them to be successful. Probably lots of variables in the season to date stats, which means there is nothing definitive as to the outcome of this one. Turnovers and the Dallas defense getting to, or not getting to Rodgers may decide this one.