• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sumlin and Kelly top the hot seat list

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Didn't work out too well for Manny Diaz at Texas and he was a "hot" defensive minded coach.

That was a staff issue, not a Manny issue. His record is pretty good evidence of that

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin was hired away from Houston because he did such a great job with that program and then proceeded to completely fail when he got to the big stage.

Hmmm.
Something familiar about that.
Can't put my finger on it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin was hired away from Houston because he did such a great job with that program and then proceeded to completely fail when he got to the big stage.

Hmmm.

He did a great job not screwing up what Briles left him......if that's what you mean

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm.

Games like Houston last year are why I won't miss Bob Stoops. He had the better part of a year to get ready and we stunk up the place against a team that went on to lose 4 games. Way too many of those games over the past 15 years. Win that game and Herman is still at Houston. Texas doesn't like to hear that but it's true.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games like Houston last year are why I won't miss Bob Stoops. He had the better part of a year to get ready and we stunk up the place against a team that went on to lose 4 games. Way too many of those games over the past 15 years. Win that game and Herman is still at Houston. Texas doesn't like to hear that but it's true.

We don't like to hear that our new coach beat the crap out of OU even though his team wasn't that good?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't like to hear that our new coach beat the crap out of OU even though his team wasn't that good?

No. We can handle Herman whether he's at Houston, Texas or wherever IF the team is ready to play. OU wasn't even close to being ready in that game. I was there. Even on the sidelines they looked dead in the first half. Something just wasn't clicking and I told my wife "We're going to lose this damn game". I can only hope Herman is pumping that kind of sunshine up everybody's rear end right now. That will make beating Texas that much sweeter. Don't get me wrong; I am predicting Herman will win a NC at Texas. But I'm also predicting he will screw up seriously somewhere along the way and leave UT under a cloud. You guys are in for a hell of a ride.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We can handle Herman whether he's at Houston, Texas or wherever IF the team is ready to play. OU wasn't even close to being ready in that game. I was there. Even on the sidelines they looked dead in the first half. Something just wasn't clicking and I told my wife "We're going to lose this damn game". I can only hope Herman is pumping that kind of sunshine up everybody's rear end right now. That will make beating Texas that much sweeter. Don't get me wrong; I am predicting Herman will win a NC at Texas. But I'm also predicting he will screw up seriously somewhere along the way and leave UT under a cloud. You guys are in for a hell of a ride.

Basically, OU didn't want to be there. It's quite normal for teams to come out flat for the first game of the season, especially 1 vs a ranked team that will be nationally televised.

What kind of millennial BS excuse is this?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, OU didn't want to be there. It's quite normal for teams to come out flat for the first game of the season, especially 1 vs a ranked team that will be nationally televised.

What kind of millennial BS excuse is this?

Millennial BS? Not even close. It was a pattern that bugged Stoops for years. The team just flat wasn't ready to play in a lot of important games over the years. Houston was definitely an important game so they should have been fired up and prepared. But they weren't. The same thing happened in a lot of bowl games under Stoops. When you're playing a good team you have to be prepared. It got so bad that the Oklahoma coaching staff spent time with the Alabama staff several years ago to discuss their bowl preparations. Then OU beat Alabama. Go figure. But back to Houston. No excuses from me or most OU fans: we got our ass beat fair and square by Houston. And it cost us a spot in the CFP.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millennial BS? Not even close. It was a pattern that bugged Stoops for years. The team just flat wasn't ready to play in a lot of important games over the years. Houston was definitely an important game so they should have been fired up and prepared. But they weren't. The same thing happened in a lot of bowl games under Stoops. When you're playing a good team you have to be prepared. It got so bad that the Oklahoma coaching staff spent time with the Alabama staff several years ago to discuss their bowl preparations. Then OU beat Alabama. Go figure. But back to Houston. No excuses from me or most OU fans: we got our ass beat fair and square by Houston. And it cost us a spot in the CFP.
You are not a big enough homer and way too objective for the hoop. :yo:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not a big enough homer and way too objective for the hoop. :yo:

I hire a lot of Texas grads in my companies and we have a pretty good time giving each other shit about the RRSO. I think the best way to enjoy the game is to be honest about your own team first, then you can pick and choose how to mess with your adversaries. But being honest about your adversaries sure cuts down on the time you have to walk around with a crow's ass sticking out of your mouth. By the way, some of my best memories are of those times my Dad and I made road trips to see the Cardinals play at home. We drove back home to Oklahoma straight through the night sometimes but it was worth it. Got to see Stan Musial play. Bob Gibson too. The best was seeing Lou Brock steal home against the Mets when Joe Hague also stole second base on the same play. If I could go back in time.................................

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you would enjoy that millennial dig

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hire a lot of Texas grads in my companies and we have a pretty good time giving each other shit about the RRSO. I think the best way to enjoy the game is to be honest about your own team first, then you can pick and choose how to mess with your adversaries. But being honest about your adversaries sure cuts down on the time you have to walk around with a crow's ass sticking out of your mouth. By the way, some of my best memories are of those times my Dad and I made road trips to see the Cardinals play at home. We drove back home to Oklahoma straight through the night sometimes but it was worth it. Got to see Stan Musial play. Bob Gibson too. The best was seeing Lou Brock steal home against the Mets when Joe Hague also stole second base on the same play. If I could go back in time.................................
Just got back from St. Louis and a Cardie bird game. Met a friend/follow Cardinal fan from El Paso that is now a professor at Northern Illinois. I never got to see Musial but I did get to see the Cards and Cubs play the first year the old Busch stadium was built. Saw Bob Gibson pitch and Brock, Maris, etal paly Ernie Banks, Ron Santo and the other cubbies. Been a Cardinal fan for 60 plus years.