• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh's new contract??????

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would not believe the shit I heard about Dez Bryant from his sister's boyfriend's cousin's uncle's pot dealer.

He'd be banned from the league for life if anyone found out! Luckily only a few random, but coincidentally very trustworthy and loyal, people know about it, so his secret is safe...

:whistle:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash!

Suh wants a lot of money! The Lions don't want to spend a lot of money!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you talk to his sister?

No need to speak with the sister to get confirmation. Just talk to Golden Tate, I am sure that he's banged her.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to speak with the sister to get confirmation. Just talk to Golden Tate, I am sure that he's banged her.

Yea yea, I get it. You hate Tate. But can you blame him? How else is he suppose to score if not on the field?

Last edited by a moderator:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would not believe the shit I heard about Dez Bryant from his sister's boyfriend's cousin's uncle's pot dealer.

He'd be banned from the league for life if anyone found out! Luckily only a few random, but coincidentally very trustworthy and loyal, people know about it, so his secret is safe...

your closer to the goal with that snide remark than you might think only instead of Dez.....

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember people doubting Chief602 insider knowledge. The more you know...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh leads all DTs with 23 combined sacks, hits, and hurries(according to PFF). Fairley is tied for 2nd. You think teams are having a tough time trying to figure out who to double? Lol

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh leads all DTs with 23 combined sacks, hits, and hurries(according to PFF). Fairley is tied for 2nd. You think teams are having a tough time trying to figure out who to double? Lol

Pay the man, hes a disruptive force. Good stat.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt's deal sounds like its a lot more than it really is. I started this thread showing its effectively a 5 yr deal worth $62m. The years that follow are all salary and the Texans can walk away free and clear or sign him to a new deal.

Watt's deal was enormously smaller than it would have been if he would have been on the FA market like Suh will be. Watt was under contract for two more years for a relatively tiny amount of money plus the Texans could have franchised him after that. So the first 4 years of his contract were already more or less in stone in terms of total max value.

Suh's deal will reset the market for defensive contracts....not look like Watt's. It will be A LOT bigger with a ton more guaranteed money.

If you want Suh you are going to need to pay him out in excess of $100 M in the first 5 years and the contract will be structured in such a way that you wont' be able to cut him over those first 5 years. That is what he is going to be worth on the open market IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt's deal was enormously smaller than it would have been if he would have been on the FA market like Suh will be. Watt was under contract for two more years for a relatively tiny amount of money plus the Texans could have franchised him after that. So the first 4 years of his contract were already more or less in stone in terms of total max value.

Suh's deal will reset the market for defensive contracts....not look like Watt's. It will be A LOT bigger with a ton more guaranteed money.

If you want Suh you are going to need to pay him out in excess of $100 M in the first 5 years and the contract will be structured in such a way that you wont' be able to cut him over those first 5 years. That is what he is going to be worth on the open market IMO.

Save your breath. These yoyos think he is worth no more than $14M.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does not want Fords money. He wants big money and bigger exposure for some reason.

He is not worth 18 million IMO

I agree with the first sentence. Disagree with the last.

IMO with him, we remain a top 5 defense. Without we fall close to the 20's, like between 15-20. That is worth 18 mil. That also includes Fairley either being gone with Suh because we can't keep them both, or Fairley being resigned instead if Suh(god forbid).

No disrespect to Austin. I just think Suh is the unquestioned most integral part on our defense, currently.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is worth 18 on a cap friendly team. That will only handcuff Lions worse than the big contracts do now. That is my premise of not being worth the money. Unless you foresee Austin being able to keep making the best of other sub par talent. That is what they will be able to afford. Just my opinion.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the first sentence. Disagree with the last.

IMO with him, we remain a top 5 defense. Without we fall close to the 20's, like between 15-20. That is worth 18 mil. That also includes Fairley either being gone with Suh because we can't keep them both, or Fairley being resigned instead if Suh(god forbid).

No disrespect to Austin. I just think Suh is the unquestioned most integral part on our defense, currently.

My question then becomes why did the defense play so bad up until the last half of last season? Suh was part of those defenses too.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question then becomes why did the defense play so bad up until the last half of last season? Suh was part of those defenses too.

My personal opinion? We had injury/continuity issues. Young players still developing. Plus Fairley being lazy. Ziggy had injury issues, a lot of secondary injuries. You could see Levy maturing all year. Plus Mathis got better later in the year.

And this year Fairley is looking for big money, so he's playing harder, and Slay is back, so that's an added bonus, as well.

If my estimation of dropping from top 5 into the 15-20 range just by losing Suh sounds ridiculous, think of it this way: what does our offense look like with and without Calvin Johnson? Day and night.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion? We had injury/continuity issues. Young players still developing. Plus Fairley being lazy. Ziggy had injury issues, a lot of secondary injuries. You could see Levy maturing all year. Plus Mathis got better later in the year.

And this year Fairley is looking for big money, so he's playing harder, and Slay is back, so that's an added bonus, as well.

If my estimation of dropping from top 5 into the 15-20 range just by losing Suh sounds ridiculous, think of it this way: what does our offense look like with and without Calvin Johnson? Day and night.

In no way shape or form is Suh in the same category as Megatron. Megatron could end up being the best of all time (or at least in the conversation)by the time he is done.

The best WR in the league (when healthy) in a position where he can singlehandedly take over a game versus a borderline top 5 DL at a position that barely makes any impact. Not buying it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at a position that barely makes any impact.
Suh makes a bigger impact than you think. Stats don't always show his impact.