• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh or Levy?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am piggybacking on Smitty's thread so I will give him credit....

If signing Suh to a long term deal means you will not be able to resign Levy who do you want long term?

Levy's a free agent in 2016 and will be finishing a 3 year 9 million dollar deal and I would expect if he continues playing like he has will be in line for a really big raise.

runbch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. I would go with Levy since it doesn't look like Suh is going to stay and he is basically going to the highest bidder. Either way I can't see how Detroit's defense doesn't take a step back next year.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why we can't keep both, but Suh, IMO is a lot more valuable to this defense.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why we can't keep both, but Suh, IMO is a lot more valuable to this defense.

They may be able to but it's a one or other question as the salary cap will have to take into account Stafford, CJ, and then Levy, Slay, Reiff, and a host of other young guys. If Suh breaks the bank I doubt the Lions have the flexibility to pay everyone.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's easier to find a DT and develop them quickly rather than to find a LB.

Plus you don't get all the side issues with Levy as you do Suh. That almost sounds like a Dr. Suess book title...

I will do as you do Mr. Suh.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Levy, we have Van Noy for sure, most likely Whitehead and Palmer, or guys very similar.

If we lose Suh we have....C.J. Mosley???

God please let Suh get his money here!!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Austins defense is anything like the Ravens defenses then the LBs and DEs are more important then the interior lineman. Find a fat ass to clog up the middle and go to a 3-4 if necessary.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Austins defense is anything like the Ravens defenses then the LBs and DEs are more important then the interior lineman. Find a fat ass to clog up the middle and go to a 3-4 if necessary.

I don't know...Ngata is pretty dam good.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never said Suh didn't deserve the cash. But Flacco isn't getting paid like Stafford and Smith isn't pulling the same jack as CJ.

Suh definitely deserves to be paid more than Levy but I think Levy may be more valuable for what he does. Someone mentioned Kyle Van Noy earlier but I would like to point out that before Van Noy got injured Palmer was still ahead of him on the depth chart.

Any real changes come next year so the Lions would have time to address Suh's leaving if or when that happens.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have made a big deal out of McCoys deal. And I seen in the other thread brought up BJ Raji's $4 mil. Well that's all fine and dandy, but we don't have a choice of Suh, McCoy, it Raji. All we know is Suh is staring us right in the face. We should give him what he's worth to us, not wait for a value guy to get on the market and hope said player wants to play in Detroit.

I hate to keep bringing it up, but the offensive signings last year hurt us going forward. I like Bell. Pettigrew had a decent season last year. And Tate is tearing it up. But the $13 mil is a lot for those guys and the front office wasn't saying "would we rather have Calvin, or theses 3 guys?"

I still get shit for saying Tate was a bad signing, but I still believe it because it impacts our future. Hell, the way Tate has played so far, I'd rather have 2 of him at $12 mil than pay Megatron $18 and have nobody's, but shit don't work like that.

We wouldn't be that much different, looking ahead, had we not signed those 3 guys. Not having Tate, IMO, wouldve made OBJ the pick. Not having Pettigrew would have made us probably draft a TE in the later rounds and signed a good blocking FA for like a mil.

Had we done that or something close to, yea, maybe Tate's absence alone causes us to be 5-3 or 4-4, but looking towards the future our talent level would be about the same and $13 mil cheaper.

Like I said, I'm not trying to keep repeating myself, but I wish we could keep Suh. And Levy. But it'll be hard to.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never said Suh didn't deserve the cash. But Flacco isn't getting paid like Stafford and Smith isn't pulling the same jack as CJ.

Suh definitely deserves to be paid more than Levy but I think Levy may be more valuable for what he does. Someone mentioned Kyle Van Noy earlier but I would like to point out that before Van Noy got injured Palmer was still ahead of him on the depth chart.

Any real changes come next year so the Lions would have time to address Suh's leaving if or when that happens.

I just meant the Ravens situation. Austin's highest paid workers are his DTs.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just meant the Ravens situation. Austin's highest paid workers are his DTs.

I get that I was pointing out it's hard to sign a guy to the cash Suh wants when you have other big contracts and Baltimore isn't weighed down by that problem, having a wife beater but not salary.

It's hard not signing Calvin. The guy has been a pro's pro. I do think the Lions should think long and hard about his next contract as over 30 year old receivers with some injury concerns do not get huge deals or shouldn't.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Suh is, Levy has been a beast. He has barely missed a tackle all year.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh. Without him, Levy has more bodies on him.

But yeah, they need to sign both.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh. His double team helps to free up LBs.

The is cap going up next year and year after significantly. This is why getting the draft right is so much more important these days. The rookie cap keeps their salaries down and able to spend on proven vets.

Mix of young kids making team will let them sign both.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: