• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs Texas, 8:45 EST, ESPN

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna go further back in time than the last 20 years? I'm game. We played a lot more than y'all then too.

The fact is UF has played THREE TIMES as many ranked OOC teams as Bevo has in the last 20 years. You're in no position to talk shit about UF's schedule. Toughen yours up considerably and we'll talk.

Florida went from 1991 to 2017 without leaving the state non-conference. Texas does home and homes, I'm sorry but you can't win that non-conference scheduling argument.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida went from 1991 to 2017 without leaving the state non-conference. Texas does home and homes, I'm sorry but you can't win that non-conference scheduling argument.

Also, didn’t UF stop scheduling Miami due to the several ass kickings the U kept giving them?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, didn’t UF stop scheduling Miami due to the several ass kickings the U kept giving them?

Mostly, I think the state got involved and Florida finally agreed to play them in Orlando

I don't know why they'd be afraid, at this point UCF has better facilities, better support and a better homefield advantage than Miami does

jeep41

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of you Texas haters, get fucked with a frozen rope.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out of state is irrelevant. What is relevant is RANKED....y'know the thing the selection committee and the strength of schedule formulas actually count unlike state lines or time zones. Oh and of course UF does home and homes with fsu and miami. I'm sorry but we've won the non conference scheduling argument hands down. We've played 3 times as many ranked teams as they have OOC in the last 20 years including 2 national champs.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope! You fail again. The annual series stopped in the Spring of 1987 when the SEC voted - over UF's objections - to add another conference game which then forced UF to cancel the annual series after that fall. At that time UF had won 3 of the previous 5 with miami.

You're not very good at this are you?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly, I think the state got involved and Florida finally agreed to play them in Orlando

I don't know why they'd be afraid, at this point UCF has better facilities, better support and a better homefield advantage than Miami does

Nope! The state had no involvement.

Oh and this will be the 5th scheduled game between UF and miami this century.

Double fail. Again.

Y'all really need to do some research if you're going to try this. This is just embarrassing for you at this point.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami is a private school, so the state has no say in the matter

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of state is irrelevant. What is relevant is RANKED....y'know the thing the selection committee and the strength of schedule formulas actually count unlike state lines or time zones. Oh and of course UF does home and homes with fsu and miami. I'm sorry but we've won the non conference scheduling argument hands down. We've played 3 times as many ranked teams as they have OOC in the last 20 years including 2 national champs.
In the last 10 years Miami has been (and is) mostly a 7-6 team... and not the power house you make them out to be.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 10 years Miami has been (and is) mostly a 7-6 team... and not the power house you make them out to be.

The same could be said of Texas.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same could be said of Texas.

But Texas has home and home OOC scheduled with relevant teams in the future: Bama, LSU, UGA, Michigan, Ohio State, etc, etc. We're not talking about how irrelevant Texas has been, we're talking about how UF wouldn't have the sack to schedule these types of OOC opponents. You boys would piss down your pants and have to drop football if ya'll had to play these teams.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to UGA: How in the fuck did this team average 217 rushing ypg in the SEC?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes … that is true …

There is the minor point that Florida lost to Georgia 36-17 --- While Texas played Georgia and won ...

There is also the point that Texas lost to Merry Land which is a much worse loss than any UF had.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Texas has home and home OOC scheduled with relevant teams in the future: Bama, LSU, UGA, Michigan, Ohio State, etc, etc. We're not talking about how irrelevant Texas has been, we're talking about how UF wouldn't have the sack to schedule these types of OOC opponents. You boys would piss down your pants and have to drop football if ya'll had to play these teams.

hmm fsu is not relevant? Last I checked fsu has been one of the top 2 or 3 winningest programs over the last 40 years. Too bad Texas has never had the sack to play them and only had the sack to play ONE THIRD as many ranked OOC opponents as UF has over the last twenty years.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also the point that Texas lost to Merry Land which is a much worse loss than any UF had.
Texas has play Maryland and Georgia.
Georgia is no Maryland at all --- in fact sec East is a cupcake Division...

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has play Maryland and Georgia.
Georgia is no Maryland at all --- in fact sec East is a cupcake Division...

In fact that's BS. Kentucky finished ranked and beat Penn State. UF finished in the top 10 and beat Michigan. UGA will finish in the top 10. The SEC East had a winning head to head record vs the SEC West.