• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suddenly, it's Wake Forest

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then your problem is with the committee, not me. I agree about clem.
It uh...it actually sounds like YOU'RE the one who has a problem with the committee.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy has the advantage of already being ranked Top 4, #2 in fact. Easier to maintain a high ranking if you keep winning than it is to climb the rankings. Oklahoma of course if they win out. Both OSU and Oregon are ranked ahead of WF as well, and probably have more opportunities to impress the selection committee going forward. And if Bama wins out and gives Georgia their only loss, then it's almost Guaranteed WF won't get in. And it's not likely but if either Iowa or Ole Miss won out, they could possibly beat out Wake Forest.

It's simple, Wake Forest has to do more than barely beat everyone. Commanding wins over 2 of these 3, NCSU/Clemson/Pittsburgh, with no losses and they just might jump enough teams to get the opportunity to get pummeled by Georgia in the Semis.

Ol School

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wakes SOS is only 47. Michigan 17, Mich St 37, and they play this weekend. But it's a moot point because after Wake plays Duke, they are @ UNC, home vs the Pack, @ CLEMSON, then @ BC. With their porous defense they are likely to lose 2 of those games. My guess as their 1st loss, @ Carolina. Sam Howell can and will outgun Sam Hartman. First one to 50 wins-

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those three? WF has the worst chance. look at their schedule. its a joke. just like UTSA. Just like San Diego st.

So Congrats WF if you run the table........ you'll be in a Jan. 1 bowl game. not the CFP.

There are only 10 other teams minimum I'd put in the CFP before WF...... even if a couple have 1 loss.
Speaking of schedules....

Strength of Schedule
Ohio St - 92
Wake Forest - 91

Strength of Record
Ohio St - 20
Wake Forest - 6

Remaining SOS
Ohio St - 10
Wake Forest - 19

Various SOS
Ohio St - 90/84/77
Wake Forest - 75/68/64

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of schedules....

Strength of Schedule
Ohio St - 92
Wake Forest - 91

Strength of Record
Ohio St - 20
Wake Forest - 6

Remaining SOS
Ohio St - 10
Wake Forest - 19

Various SOS
Ohio St - 90/84/77
Wake Forest - 75/68/64
lol, sorry not buying that. I don't believe that in the least. Look at OSU's schedule at how many ranked teams they will play. then probably add another with Iowa in the CCG....

I just went and looked again at their schedule. please just stop. WF schedule is a joke. not 1 ranked team anywhere. it's not hard to cherry pick stats.......

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is site has some fucked up stats that are just plain wrong.

FPI - Strength of remaining schedule.

Georgia - #5 :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

OSU - #10

utter bullshit. look at Georgia's remaining schedule. no fucking way its #5, and no way OSU's is down at #10. Show me another school that plays more ranked teams...... Michigan yes, as they play a similar schedule as OSU....

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FPI numbers are a joke.

Look at Bama's SOS. #7. Because the idiots who did the preseason rankings had miami and FL highly ranked. where are they now??? In the shit can. Bama's SOS rank is bullshit. SOS should be adjusted to where the teams are ranked now.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, sorry not buying that. I don't believe that in the least. Look at OSU's schedule at how many ranked teams they will play. then probably add another with Iowa in the CCG....

I just went and looked again at their schedule. please just stop. WF schedule is a joke. not 1 ranked team anywhere. it's not hard to cherry pick stats.......

This is site has some fucked up stats that are just plain wrong.

FPI - Strength of remaining schedule.

Georgia - #5 :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

OSU - #10

utter bullshit. look at Georgia's remaining schedule. no fucking way its #5, and no way OSU's is down at #10. Show me another school that plays more ranked teams...... Michigan yes, as they play a similar schedule as OSU....

The FPI numbers are a joke.

Look at Bama's SOS. #7. Because the idiots who did the preseason rankings had miami and FL highly ranked. where are they now??? In the shit can. Bama's SOS rank is bullshit. SOS should be adjusted to where the teams are ranked now.
You got any concrete SOS rankings that you do trust? Or just "I looked at the names on the schedule and I think this one is better"?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got any concrete SOS rankings that you do trust? Or just "I looked at the names on the schedule and I think this one is better"?
dude. seriously. look at bama's schedule. the FPI is basing that #7 ranking on two teams that were wrongly highly ranked. take out miami and FL, and their schedule strength sucks ass........... It's common sense.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude. seriously. look at bama's schedule. the FPI is basing that #7 ranking on two teams that were wrongly highly ranked. take out miami and FL, and their schedule strength sucks ass........... It's common sense.
So that's a "no" then? Thanks!

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. so no common sense or objectivity can be injected here.

Good to know. :thumb:
Bro - It's 2021. No one relies on the bs "eye test" anymore. There are analytics for everything. If you disagree with them, then you are the one in the wrong. Not the other way around.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so, there seems to be some brilliant CFB fans here who want to throw out numerous metrics when grading teams and logic and simply go on win loss record on how to gain inclusion into the 4 team playoffs. So here we go, Here's your 4 teams. Everyone excited?!?!!? :rolleyes2::crazy:These are your four best teams........................... supposedly. Only metric that counts is having a zero in the loss column. and it helps to have a cupcake schedule.

1. Wake Forest Deacons
2. SMU Mustangs
3. UTSA Roadrunners

4. San Diego St.

Georgia drops a game and loses to bama in CCG so they are out.
B1G devours itself, everyone has a loss, so they are all out.
Cincy loses to SMU.
OU loses to OSUjr. and Iowa st. so they are gone.

future news report in January 2022.......

.......... "In other news reported today on January 23rd, in a bold move by numerous high end college football programs, dozens of teams leave their conferences and have scheduled teams ranked near the bottom of the FBS rankings hoping to garner a spot in the new criteria playoff system."

.......... Dec. 17th 2022............... "CFB world in turmoil trying to figure out who is in the playoffs as we have 32 undefeated teams. playoff committee now to look at who has the best uniforms and who has the best colors criteria for inclusion in playoffs. ENJOY!!!!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so, there seems to be some brilliant CFB fans here who want to throw out numerous metrics when grading teams and logic and simply go on win loss record on how to gain inclusion into the 4 team playoffs. So here we go, Here's your 4 teams. Everyone excited?!?!!? :rolleyes2::crazy:These are your four best teams........................... supposedly. Only metric that counts is having a zero in the loss column. and it helps to have a cupcake schedule.

1. Wake Forest Deacons
2. SMU Mustangs
3. UTSA Roadrunners

4. San Diego St.

Cincy loses to SMU.

.......... "In other news reported today on January 23rd, in a bold move by numerous high end college football programs, dozens of teams leave their conferences and have scheduled teams ranked near the bottom of the FBS rankings hoping to garner a spot in the new criteria playoff system."

.......... Dec. 17th 2022............... "CFB world in turmoil trying to figure out who is in the playoffs as we have 32 undefeated teams. playoff committee now to look at who has the best uniforms and who has the best colors criteria for inclusion in playoffs. ENJOY!!!!!!
Combined schedules of those 4 teams, is there a single ranked team to be found? Or is Virginia the best win for a 4 teams?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro - It's 2021. No one relies on the bs "eye test" anymore. There are analytics for everything. If you disagree with them, then you are the one in the wrong. Not the other way around.
Are one of those data points they analyze win loss record? Another being margin of victory?

Sorry, but going undefeated against creampuff competition isn't all that impressive. Imo

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combined schedules of those 4 teams, is there a single ranked team to be found? Or is Virginia the best win for a 4 teams?
Thinking of the records of those 4 teams, I'd have to say SMU would have the best SOS with 2 ranked teams. Cincy and Houston.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Wake Forest Deacons
2. SMU Mustangs
3. UTSA Roadrunners

4. San Diego St.

Cincy loses to SMU.

Bro - You are literally the person throwing out metrics. And we're just talking about SOS. I already said that Ohio State is better than Wake. The (surprise, surprise) metrics clearly show that. You're the one bitching about SOS and despite all your whining, Ohio St's SOS to-date is bottom half of FBS.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are one of those data points they analyze win loss record? Another being margin of victory?

Sorry, but going undefeated against creampuff competition isn't all that impressive. Imo
There are a few different conversations here which are clearly backed up by any advanced metric you want to pull

1. Ohio State is a better team than Wake Forest (or the other teams buddy listed)
2. Ohio State's SOS to-date is bottom half of FBS and likely worse than Wake Forest's to-date.
3. If both teams win out, Ohio State would be ahead of Wake Forest in the final rankings.

The advanced stats across the board both very clearly support those three facts. I'd love to look at any others you may have.