• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suddenly, it's Wake Forest

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-0, who has the best chance making the playoffs: Wake, Mich, or Mich St?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wake Forest runs the table, automatic in the playoffs ( Clemson has been beating up on the same conference for years ).

Same goes for Michigan or MSU. But I think neither of them can beat Ohio State, so its moot right now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake still needs help even at 13-0

Theyre not going ahead of an unbeaten

UGA
Cincy
B12 champ
Unbeaten or 1 loss B10 champ
1 loss Bama

And its 50/50 if theyd go nefore a 1 loss Oregon

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake has the best chance of those 3 to make the playoffs for sure.

Even with other teams currently ahead of them, if a power 5 team goes undefeated you can't leave them out of a 4 team playoff.

But if either of U of M or MSU goes undefeated they have a much stronger case. They both have to face each other and Ohio State, MSU also still has Penn State plus there would be a solid teamin the championship game.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake still needs help even at 13-0

Theyre not going ahead of an unbeaten

UGA
Cincy
B12 champ
Unbeaten or 1 loss B10 champ
1 loss Bama

And its 50/50 if theyd go nefore a 1 loss Oregon

Wake is not getting the G5 treatment. If they do, that will turn alot of fans off.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake is not getting the G5 treatment. If they do, that will turn alot of fans off.
I mean its not really up to the fans. Wakes only real hope is Pitt goes 11-1 and gets to the title game as a top 10 team

Aside from that theyre going to need help and tbeyll likely still need help even if that happens. The ACC is just really down

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its not really up to the fans. Wakes only real hope is Pitt goes 11-1 and gets to the title game as a top 10 team

Aside from that theyre going to need help and tbeyll likely still need help even if that happens. The ACC is just really down

I cant remember the last time the ACC was up. If this was Clemson again, no one would bat an eye.

Wake is not a big enough name for the invitation. Thank goodness this season is like 2007. The jig is about to be up soon.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it won't be Wake Forest. They won't make the playoffs even if they go undefeated. 7-0 is nice, of course, but they've beaten no one of any value and they almost don't have anyone of value left to play. NCSU and if they win out, then probably Pitt. If they do that, then maybe, but they barely got by 4-3 UL and 4-4 Syracuse. Virginia could end up ranked and add to their resume, but I just don't think they'll go undefeated. After NCSU, they have to travel to Clemson, and as down as they are, they are still Clemson and Clemson could regain some respect for this season if they take down an undefeated conf foe.

The combined record of the 6 fcs teams wakes beat? 21-22.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those three? WF has the worst chance. look at their schedule. its a joke. just like UTSA. Just like San Diego st.

So Congrats WF if you run the table........ you'll be in a Jan. 1 bowl game. not the CFP.

There are only 10 other teams minimum I'd put in the CFP before WF...... even if a couple have 1 loss.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant remember the last time the ACC was up. If this was Clemson again, no one would bat an eye.

Wake is not a big enough name for the invitation. Thank goodness this season is like 2007. The jig is about to be up soon.
Well, Miami, FSU, GT, and Clemson all need to be on top again.......... that would give the ACC some weight

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it won't be Wake Forest. They won't make the playoffs even if they go undefeated. 7-0 is nice, of course, but they've beaten no one of any value and they almost don't have anyone of value left to play. NCSU and if they win out, then probably Pitt. If they do that, then maybe, but they barely got by 4-3 UL and 4-4 Syracuse. Virginia could end up ranked and add to their resume, but I just don't think they'll go undefeated. After NCSU, they have to travel to Clemson, and as down as they are, they are still Clemson and Clemson could regain some respect for this season if they take down an undefeated conf foe.

The combined record of the 6 fcs teams wakes beat? 21-22.

Of those three? WF has the worst chance. look at their schedule. its a joke. just like UTSA. Just like San Diego st.

So Congrats WF if you run the table........ you'll be in a Jan. 1 bowl game. not the CFP.

There are only 10 other teams minimum I'd put in the CFP before WF...... even if a couple have 1 loss.
I hate to break it to you, but an undefeated P5 team is 100% making the playoff unless there are 5 undefeated P5 teams.

Well, Miami, FSU, GT, and Clemson all need to be on top again.......... that would give the ACC some weight
What does Georgia Tech have to do with the top of the ACC?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't punish Wake because the rest of the league sucks. As others have mentioned, nobody complains when Clemson dominates the same league, they get an invite no question.

If Wake went 13-0 they should get in, provided there aren't 4 other undefeated champs from P-5 leagues. We all know the Pac12 champ will not be an undefeated team.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't punish Wake because the rest of the league sucks. As others have mentioned, nobody complains when Clemson dominates the same league, they get an invite no question.

If Wake went 13-0 they should get in, provided there aren't 4 other undefeated champs from P-5 leagues. We all know the Pac12 champ will not be an undefeated team.
What? are you serious? I heard many people mocking clem when they were on top for those years. including me. and deservedly so. I always thought clem had a cakewalk to get into the CFP............ so I'm not singling out WF.......

and you are hilarious if you think WF should get in over OSU if they run the table. Look at OSU's schedule, they run the table, they are in. they have a big time tough remaining schedule.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? are you serious? I heard many people mocking clem when they were on top for those years. including me. and deservedly so. I always thought clem had a cakewalk to get into the CFP............ so I'm not singling out WF.......

and you are hilarious if you think WF should get in over OSU if they run the table. Look at OSU's schedule, they run the table, they are in. they have a big time tough remaining schedule.
Let's assume projected favorites win out. That leaves you with a top group of

13-0 Georgia
13-0 Cinci
13-0 Oklahoma
13-0 Wake Forest
12-1 Oregon
12-1 Ohio State

Georgia and OU are 100% in. Then likely Ohio State. Then probably Wake Forest.

But next Tuesday's initial playoff rankings will tell us a lot.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I LOVE to mock Clemson, no disagreement there, but the committee had no problem gifting them a spot in every playoff because they cruised through the ACC, simply because it's a P5 league. The fans could bitch all they wanted, didn't matter to the committee.

Let's say Ohio State does run the table. Do I think they would deserve it more than WF? Probably...but at that point it depends on how many other undefeated teams remain from the P5 leagues. If Georgia is 13-0, that means Bama is out with 2 losses. Oklahoma is most likely 13-0. Then it comes down to Cincinnati and Wake, and I believe Wake gets in before the Bearcats.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

13-0 Georgia
13-0 Cinci
13-0 Oklahoma
13-0 Wake Forest
12-1 Oregon
12-1 Ohio State

:ninja:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break it to you, but an undefeated P5 team is 100% making the playoff unless there are 5 undefeated P5 teams.

What does Georgia Tech have to do with the top of the ACC?
Please stop and step into reality.

IF OSU runs the table, and I don't know if they will, they have a very tough remaining schedule. If they win out. They'll be in over oregon and WF.

I don't think you've watched any of their last 4-5 games.

Alabama should not be ranked where they are. That's the huge joke right now. wouldn't it be nice to lose to an unranked team and only drop a couple spots........? total bs.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop and step into reality.

IF OSU runs the table, and I don't know if they will, they have a very tough remaining schedule. If they win out. They'll be in over oregon and WF.

I don't think you've watched any of their last 4-5 games.

Alabama should not be ranked where they are. That's the huge joke right now. wouldn't it be nice to lose to an unranked team and only drop a couple spots........? total bs.
- clears throat -

13-0 Georgia
13-0 Cinci
13-0 Oklahoma
13-0 Wake Forest
12-1 Oregon
12-1 Ohio State

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I LOVE to mock Clemson, no disagreement there, but the committee had no problem gifting them a spot in every playoff because they cruised through the ACC, simply because it's a P5 league. The fans could bitch all they wanted, didn't matter to the committee.

Let's say Ohio State does run the table. Do I think they would deserve it more than WF? Probably...but at that point it depends on how many other undefeated teams remain from the P5 leagues. If Georgia is 13-0, that means Bama is out with 2 losses. Oklahoma is most likely 13-0. Then it comes down to Cincinnati and Wake, and I believe Wake gets in before the Bearcats.
then your problem is with the committee, not me. I agree about clem.

It's sounding more and more like so many out here on these boards don't give a crap about SOS. I'm going to push OSU to quit the Big10 and just schedule teams ranked 100-130 every year, so they can skate to 13-0 every year and make the playoffs.........:rolleyes2::crazy: