• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

stupid fall weddings

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our wedding was in July. No football, basketball, or hockey, and not a critical time for baseball. Boom.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well...I hope it was hot as fuck.

Beautiful beach setting my friend but encased in AC goodness. Venue was right on the sand with floor to ceiling windows. We were originally planning right on the beach, but his mom has mobility issues.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful beach setting my friend but encased in AC goodness. Venue was right on the sand with floor to ceiling windows. We were originally planning right on the beach, but his mom has mobility issues.

Skol!

Uh...and just so I don't wonder, you ARE a dude, right?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got married in early August... pretty good timing too IMO...

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a fall wedding at Willowbend, the BC ND game was on in the members only area of the clubhouse, and a bunch of the guests decided to go there to watch. I'm sure the open bar at the reception fueled their decision making somewhat. Paul Fireman was there watching the game with some friends, and was somewhat less than pleased by the crashers.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Is that a requirement here? It didn't say so on the rules.

untitled-1_25.jpg

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well either the wife or both of them are fronting, because no true fan would schedule their wedding in the midst of a home game against a ranked team.

Side note: I saw highlights of the game and the stadium looked empty in some areas. Did you watch enough to be able to see if it truly was empty or just appeared to be? It looked pretty embarrassing, but hopefully I'm wrong. I like Sparty.

Yeah, students mainly. The AD called out the students the other day. As a recent grad who had tix all 4 years, I'll admit that they allot too many tickets to students. Even on nice days against average teams the whole upper deck student area is pretty empty. However, in a blowout game at the time with 40 degrees and rain, I don't fault the average fan for leaving, although I probably wouldn't have.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with getting married on a bye week is your anniversary will not always be on a bye week, now you gotta take the wife out during football season.

unless of course you plan accordingly....gators take a bye week before a certain big rivalry game 9 out of 10 times. winning!

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently had to go to one held outdoors, and it was decently chilly and windy out. It was annoying having to keep taking off coats in all the photos while dealing with that. Seriously, who does outdoor weddings well into the months when it's starting to get cold? Just seems stupid to me.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'd like to answer the original question, "who gets married in the fall?"

Guys don't get involved with wedding plans - that's for the women in your life & you'd best just stay out of it. Hence, most women don't care what else is happening that day.

Secondly, I gather that most of you guys are a bit younger than I which means most of my wedding attending days are behind me. However, a relative of mine is getting married next weekend when Louisville hosts NC State. I asked them if they realized the folly of their planning and reminded them that UL has a bye the weekend before the Fla State game. Therefore, my attendance is in question and if anyone misses me, I'll be in Sec 116, Row T, seat 110 at Papa Johns Stadium.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife picked the weekend, I checked the Michigan and Michigan State schedule and ok'd it. I was more worried about the baseball playoffs, and the Tigers lost because of my wedding. If I could have watched, they would have won.