• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stoops droppin knowledge...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I was kind of surprised though that Saban would let that happen again. I would have thought he would be pounding that Utah game into their heads. Or maybe after winning all those titles, he just doesn't give a shit about bowl games :noidea:

Well he can pound the Utah game all he wants, but it might not stick. I'm not sure any of the team was around for the Utah game.

I hope the loss turns into a positive and the team uses it for focus. To which I hope the comments Stoops made only goes to fuel it.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops = talk shit, get hit. Lol

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think though...if 'Bama had wanted to be in that game and actually tried to win it, OU would have gone all out.

They were just thinking of all those 'Bama fans, trying to let them down gently by keeping it as close as they did. Giving them that false hope.

Dan Patrick said it best:
"WHY WOULD YOU NEED BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL TO BE MOTIVATED TO DO WHAT YOU DO THE BEST YOU CAN DO IT?"

Nick trying to sugarcoat the big doodoo sandwich he had to eat. No Nick, it was real doodoo...and you had to eat it. Bob called down the SEC thunder by questioning the prevailing belief...that the mighty SEC was the end all be all of CFB...and it was Nick's job to go shut his mouth up, RIGHT?

Big Game Bob showed up and backed that shit up son.

HOW DARE BOB SAY THE SEC ISN'T THE BEST
HOW DARE BOB SAY THAT NICK IS MAKING EXCUSES

F U C K _ N I C K
F U C K _ B A M A

BOOMER SOONER BITCHES
*drops microphone

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he can't talk trash, he won fair and square. But to say he has a built in excuse for losing is a load of shit. I'm sure he had built in excuses for losing to Texas and Baylor the way they lost those games.

Saban wasn't saying that Oklahoma was a consolation game. He was saying that the Sugar Bowl is a consolation game.

Stoops hasn't even won his conference in the past 3 years. Hell this is the first BCS game they have made since Sam Bradford was quarterback.

It really doesn't matter.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he can't talk trash, he won fair and square. But to say he has a built in excuse for losing is a load of shit. I'm sure he had built in excuses for losing to Texas and Baylor the way they lost those games.

Saban wasn't saying that Oklahoma was a consolation game. He was saying that the Sugar Bowl is a consolation game.

Stoops hasn't even won his conference in the past 3 years. Hell this is the first BCS game they have made since Sam Bradford was quarterback.

Well heck...I guess you guise really DID win?

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Not that any OU fan really feels respectable claiming this but OU did beat UConn in the fiesta with Landry jones

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No we really lost and congratulated the ones who showed up on here after the game. Whats going on now is coaches dick measuring and apparently, fans too.

Pretty lame if you ask me, considering not one of them really knows how the season will go for their teams, just speculation. Good luck with your year, I would not want to be the one playing Saban or Alabama if they make a playoff game this year though, history shows it doesnt happen often like it did this past year.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma won, no doubt about it. Stoops can say what he wants, until what he says starts coming out of his ass...

"It was a consolation game for us too"

Yes, because Oklahoma has been a relevant title contender since 2009....uhhmmm no. Stoops is a great coach, but it's never good to lie to yourself.

Maybe Oklahoma is back. I hope they are. If they are, they shouldn't have any trouble beating the lower Big12 teams, since they are obviously better than the bottom of the SEC.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any Oklahoma fans can bring up a similar situation, please inform me. Because it has happened to Saban teams twice, with the same result in the bowl games following.

1978 Oklahoma-Nebraska, Billy Sims fumbles at the NU 3 yard line with the go ahead TD. NU goes on to win or OU would have probably played for NC that year, instead they got a rematch with NU in the Orange Bowl which they won.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost...Simple as that. All I care about is how we respond the next season. They won the game, but they didn't end the dynasty. Lets see who brings home the Gold this year.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe OU was the better team?

It's possible. I also think it is possible for a bunch of college kids to be mopey after not getting to play for a national title. I really don't care one way or another, I quite enjoyed watching OU beat them.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. I also think it is possible for a bunch of college kids to be mopey after not getting to play for a national title. I really don't care one way or another, I quite enjoyed watching OU beat them.

Looking at the boxscore Bama was up for the game. Pretty much won everywhere, but where it counted. That does not matter. Coaches should stay classy when winning or losing. This was an excuse and a poor one. Saban is better than that. Just take the loss and write down the name for future retribution.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the boxscore Bama was up for the game. Pretty much won everywhere, but where it counted. That does not matter. Coaches should stay classy when winning or losing. This was an excuse and a poor one. Saban is better than that. Just take the loss and write down the name for future retribution.

The one part of the box score that jumps out at me and says they weren't all there is the 5 turnovers...a team like Bama prides itself on playing fundamentally sound football, and 5 turnovers is anything but that. I agree that Saban probably shouldn't make excuses, though.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 0% of cases does the "consolation game" or "we weren't motivated" excuses actually not come across as sour grapes to opposing or neutral parties. Dumbest public excuses in sports. Say "they played a better game" and go about your business. "Our players didn't perform to our expectations, we didn't coach to our expectations, and we will learn from our mistakes" is all that needs to be said and doesn't make yourself look like a douche in the process. No need for anything else.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 0% of cases does the "consolation game" or "we weren't motivated" excuses actually not come across as sour grapes to opposing or neutral parties. Dumbest public excuses in sports. Say "they played a better game" and go about your business. "Our players didn't perform to our expectations, we didn't coach to our expectations, and we will learn from our mistakes" is all that needs to be said and doesn't make yourself look like a douche in the process. No need for anything else.

Agreed...and if they "weren't motivated"...well whose fucking job is that? Saban could learn a thing or two from Bear in the public speaking department, he tends to insert his big old foot in his mouth regularly ...That being said, I'll still take Saban over anybody else currently coaching.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...and if they "weren't motivated"...well whose fucking job is that? Saban could learn a thing or two from Bear in the public speaking department, he tends to insert his big old foot in his mouth regularly ...That being said, I'll still take Saban over anybody else currently coaching.

Well said, Saban definitely wins more than his fair share, but you're right about taking a page from Bear's book when it comes to public speaking...