• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still no love for Michigan

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Robinson played up to his talent.. Michigan would have a shot to win it this year.. But he still hasn't..

I agree with you here. GR III struggled this year with his shot. He seemed to gain some confidence down the stretch and he has been key for UM in the NCAA tourney so far. He is averaging 14 a game with 6 rebounds, while shooting 50% from the floor and 50% from 3 point land.

He has a rough assignment every game having to guard someone in the post with UM playing a lineup with basically a PG, 3 wings and a Center. He ends up having to guard a big in the post whenever it is needed, as it was against Texas, Tennessee and now Kentucky.

THAT is the matchup that really scares me tomorrow. Randle is 6'9" 250 lbs, GR III is 6'6" 225 lbs. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. Would love to see UM get the ball to GR III early to force Randle to the perimeter and try to pick up a couple fouls on Randle.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone's style will win many titles. Other than Woodens Pyramid of Success. If that counts as a system.

Well if Michigan got better defenders and low post players.. I'm not saying you need twin towers.. Just recruit a McGary and another guy who's a bit of lesser talent but can bang and it would be all good.. Also, Michigan's defensive stats are pretty bad..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone's style will win many titles. Other than Woodens Pyramid of Success. If that counts as a system.

Agreed. If there was a certain system that would win you many titles -- everyone would be running it. That is what makes the NCAA tourney so great. It is a battle of system vs system and the one thing that is a game changer in the college game is the 3 point shot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another guy who's a bit of lesser talent but can bang and it would be all good

Horford and Morgan averaged 11 points and 10 rebounds from the Center position. I think that is good production from the 5 spot.

If you are wanting UM to play two bigs at the same time -- I'm not sure you are going to see that any time soon, as it doesn't fit their offensive system. That is why he recruits tall wings, so they can guard in the post, if need be.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford and Morgan averaged 11 points and 10 rebounds from the Center position. I think that is good production from the 5 spot.

If you are wanting UM to play two bigs at the same time -- I'm not sure you are going to see that any time soon, as it doesn't fit their offensive system. That is why he recruits tall wings, so they can guard in the post, if need be.
Horford is a Div 1 AA player IMO and Morgan would be a third big at other programs.. I think he needs to get two 4 star players than can play the front line.. And if not that, get a tall wing that can play the 3 or 4 like an Otto Porter..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford is a Div 1 AA player IMO and Morgan would be a third big at other programs.. I think he needs to get two 4 star players than can play the front line.. And if not that, get a tall wing that can play the 3 or 4 like an Otto Porter..

Not gonna happen.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If there was a certain system that would win you many titles -- everyone would be running it. That is what makes the NCAA tourney so great. It is a battle of system vs system and the one thing that is a game changer in the college game is the 3 point shot.

It's the beauty of college basketball.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but tends to happen when you beat an undefeated team and one of the popular NC picks. Just silly to wine about respect when Michigan was a 2 seed and at this pt had one of the easiest paths to the 8. Win and you get respect

I'm not whining about it, I just don't understand the logic. I'm trying to get insight.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except the McGoofy note...you know, I know, everybody who follows skunkball knew before the season started that McGoofy was NOT going to contribute this season (sure hope he does next year though.)

TBB? I'm giving you a bye on this 'we don get no spect' shit...figuring just about everybody has a "Badger Moment" this time of the year. Good luck tomorrow.

:suds:

Good luck to you guys too, LB. Hoping we get round 4!!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Florida and Kentucky beat Tenn like a salvation army drum this season... and Kentucky seems to be getting better each game.

Keep in mind, based on talent alone, UK was #1 to start the season. Sure... they struggled to find their identity and mesh... and they still aren't clicking 100% of the time... but they are starting to click much better late in the year.

At the end of the day, a basketball game with a 2 pt spread is really a pickem.

Sometimes bad teams beat good teams, sometimes good teams beat the dog shit out of other good teams. It really doesn't matter because all teams match up differently.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it assumes the book doesn't want to take a bath.

The reason there is a line is to keep the money even on both sides. Is this really controversial or confusing?

It is. Your assumption was that betting doesn't indicate who wins, just money flow. I wasp ting out that people put money on how they think will win. You are assuming money flow is a random event. Just doesn't make sense

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to exchange ideas with someone who doesn't get bent out of shape anytime something negative is said. I really don't know if Kentucky beats Michigan.,....just think that's what will happen for the reasons explained earlier...As I stated ; this one is a pick-em...just think Kentucky wins....and with respect; think next year's Michigan team is loaded.

Next year's Michigan team is loaded if the guys come back as they should. Athletically/physically Glenn Robinson III is ready but his skillset isn't fine tuned enough and most young guys aren't menatlly ready. Stauskas has a great stroke and all around offensive skillset but he needs to get stronger and stop disappearing for stretches. McGary knew he wasn't ready last year then essentially missed the whole season. But at least 2 of them are probably gone, maybe all 3. I'm sure they'll get plenty of good advice, hopefully they'll follow it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One reason I don't pick Duke or Michigan in the final four is their reliance on perimeter shooting. When they shoot well, they can beat anyone. I just think it is hard to shoot well vs top teams for 6 games. It happens, but I prefer teams like MSU. Teams that defend well and rebound. They can withstand an off-shooting night. Just my preference

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't recruit a lot of bigs, because it isn't the type of system he runs for his team. We keep hearing about how teams will take advantage in the post, but because of the system Beilein runs, the other team is going to have a big trying to guard the perimeter creating a mismatch.

I love the system Beilein has put in at UM. Elite shooters want to play in the system, because they know they are going to get a lot of wide open looks. He recruits tall wings who can shoot the 3 and can put the ball on the floor. It makes the opposing decide what they want to do. They can collapse the defense when one of the wings drive to the basket, leaving a shooter open on the perimeter or let the wings drive to the rim for an easy look.

That is what makes UM such a tough match up for anyone they play and the reason why they can beat anyone in the country, as it isn't just one or two guys you have to stop. The only players without a green light from anywhere on the perimeter is the Center.

I completely agree. Our "big men" aren't big but they run you into the ground. You keep bringing these guys pushing 280 lbs. against them and they'll get tired by halftime. Even more so, they love the challenge. I read yestrerday that Beilein went into practice last week planning to work on help defense for Morgan. Morgan told him no, they need to play like they play and he'll handle it. You have to love that!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beilein's style will win too many titles.. Hope I'm wrong though..

People are still under this impression that basketball is a big man's game. Basketball has long been a guards game. You go as far as your ballhandlers and long range shooters will take you. Beilein recruits ballhandlers and long range shooters. He'll see if he can turn it into titles. I believe he can and will.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Robinson played up to his talent.. Michigan would have a shot to win it this year.. But he still hasn't..

I think a lot of that is being forced to guard guys 3 inches taller and 20 lbs. heavier. We would see a different guy if McGary had not gone down and he was able to play the 3 spot more. Also, he's more of an iso player and that doesn't go over well in Beilein's scheme. The only thing I think holding Glenn back is his aggression. He has seemed more aggressive over the past month or so but he needs to understand that he is most likely the most athletically gifted guy on any college court and he can take over a game.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't agree with that. They planned on Morgan at the 5 and McGary at the 4 this season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree with that. They planned on Morgan at the 5 and McGary at the 4 this season.

U must not follow UM too closely. Morgan was actually thinking about transferring this year, because he fell under the NCAA rule where if you graduated already with your bachelor's and still had a year of eligibility, you could change school for a graduate program and not sit out a year.

The only game Morgan played much at all were the games UM were blowing teams out early in the season. Against Arizona -- Morgan played 2 minutes. Against Iowa State -- Morgan played 4 minutes. Against Florida State -- Morgan played 2 minutes. The one game he played more than mop up time was Duke, because UM got into foul trouble and even then he only played 10 minutes.

Morgan was going to be on the bench this season, if it weren't for McGary's injury.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U must not follow UM too closely. Morgan was actually thinking about transferring this year, because he fell under the NCAA rule where if you graduated already with your bachelor's and still had a year of eligibility, you could change school for a graduate program and not sit out a year.

The only game Morgan played much at all were the games UM were blowing teams out early in the season. Against Arizona -- Morgan played 2 minutes. Against Iowa State -- Morgan played 4 minutes. Against Florida State -- Morgan played 2 minutes. The one game he played more than mop up time was Duke, because UM got into foul trouble and even then he only played 10 minutes.

Morgan was going to be on the bench this season, if it weren't for McGary's injury.

Early in the season Beilein was trying to find the right mix when McGary came back but I know that one of the reasons Robinson came back was because he was told he would be able to play more in his natural position, at the 3. So what I said was what they said the plan was. Obviously the plan changed.