• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still no love for Michigan

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't recall anyone thinking Texas was any good; however that was a decisive win. Tennessee is quite another matter. A better coached Tennessee team would have won that game. Tennessee didn't bother to cover the 3 point shooters the entire 1st half and had to make up a 12 point deficit. This is the same Tennessee team that was hammered by Florida and Kentucky; lost to Vandy, A&M, and a bunch more SEC teams; 7 losses in SEC play. Michigan lost just 3 conference games and if the Big10 was so hot, a 3 loss Big10 team should have hammered a 7 loss SEC team...didn't happen that way which means the Big10 is no different than the SEC 3;.... good top teams and the rest are not so good. Michigan got a good draw into the final four as Kentucky now has lost their center and really was an inconsistent team all year losing to Florida 3 times as well as some others. Yesterday, Kentucky was out played by Louisville and somehow managed to win....probably because Louisville was terrible at the line.

Sooooo, bottom line for me is Michigan is a 2 point dog to Kentucky because Michigan is simply not that good of a team. Another note: Stauskas as big10 player of the year was wrong. The guy stands around waiting for an opportunity to slide into a spot to make a shot and plays very little defense. Good college player; the pros will not be as kind. If I were picking the Big10 player of the year; it probably would be Frank Kaminski or Adrian Payne; both know how to play both ends of the floor and do it exceptionally well.

Runeman -- While I'm sure you put a lot of thought into your post -- after reading it, it is quite obvious, you not only know very little about the B1G conference, but didn't watch any of the games either.

Michigan lost their best low post player and preseason all-american Mitch McGary and still won the B1G by a full 3 games. Stauskus led the team in scoring, led the team in assists, led the team in 3 point shooting, led the team in 3 point shooting. He was the best player on the best team in the conference.

He not only was named player of the year -- it wasn't even close.

It is humorous to hear you say this about Stauskus, when, if I'm not mistaken, Wilbekin was named the SEC player of the year.:laugh3:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is humorous to hear you say this about Stauskus, when, if I'm not mistaken, Wilbekin was named the SEC player of the year.:laugh3:

Yet Stauskus is a possible lottery pick while Wilbekin will be a D-Leaguer..

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo, bottom line for me is Michigan is a 2 point dog to Kentucky because Michigan is simply not that good of a team. Another note: Stauskas as big10 player of the year was wrong. The guy stands around waiting for an opportunity to slide into a spot to make a shot and plays very little defense. Good college player; the pros will not be as kind. If I were picking the Big10 player of the year; it probably would be Frank Kaminski or Adrian Payne; both know how to play both ends of the floor and do it exceptionally well.

I'm not sure if Michigan is that good of a team but I do know that they are not as consistent as they could be. That said, Kentucky is one of the hottest teams out there and only favored by two so if Michigan isn't very good, there just aren't any good teams out there.

Bottom line Is that the money is flowing toward Kentucky. Momentum of everything in these tournaments. The line will have no bearing on the game so I will probably still tune in just in case the betting public is wrong

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan plays for the national title last season. Michigan won what might be the best conference in the country this year (3 Elite 8 teams). Michigan has at least 3 future NBA players NOT injured. Michigan's coach is as good and respected as any in the country. Yet and still, everyone talked about how they wouldn't be able to handle Texas' big men. They said they wouldn't be able to handle a hot Tennessee's big men. Now the #2 seeded Wolverines are 2 point underdogs to #8 Kentucky. Why is this team getting no love?

Probably because Florida and Kentucky beat Tenn like a salvation army drum this season... and Kentucky seems to be getting better each game.

Keep in mind, based on talent alone, UK was #1 to start the season. Sure... they struggled to find their identity and mesh... and they still aren't clicking 100% of the time... but they are starting to click much better late in the year.

At the end of the day, a basketball game with a 2 pt spread is really a pickem.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an odd statement. Assumes that people put money on teams they don't think will win. I don't know many people that bet with the expectation they will lose money.

No, it assumes the book doesn't want to take a bath.

The reason there is a line is to keep the money even on both sides. Is this really controversial or confusing?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this.. I think this thread was unnecessary and I'm fine with the line.. But some of the posts within it are brutal... SEC Official is right it's a pickem game..

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know shit about Michigan basketball and should stop posting..

hat's why I went 8 for 8 this week. Kentucky kicks their ass...see you tomorrow. Have a nice day.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hat's why I went 8 for 8 this week. Kentucky kicks their ass...see you tomorrow. Have a nice day.

No one gives a shit about your picks.. You don't know JACK SHIT!

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Michigan is that good of a team but I do know that they are not as consistent as they could be. That said, Kentucky is one of the hottest teams out there and only favored by two so if Michigan isn't very good, there just aren't any good teams out there.

Bottom line Is that the money is flowing toward Kentucky. Momentum of everything in these tournaments. The line will have no bearing on the game so I will probably still tune in just in case the betting public is wrong

It's good to exchange ideas with someone who doesn't get bent out of shape anytime something negative is said. I really don't know if Kentucky beats Michigan.,....just think that's what will happen for the reasons explained earlier...As I stated ; this one is a pick-em...just think Kentucky wins....and with respect; think next year's Michigan team is loaded.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Florida and Kentucky beat Tenn like a salvation army drum this season... and Kentucky seems to be getting better each game.

You know how ridiculous it is to try and talk about how other teams fared against each other. You know the Michigan State team that beat Kentucky at the start of the season? Yeah -- Michigan beat them at home and on the road in league. You know the Wisconsin team that Florida lost to on the road? Michigan beat Wisconsin on the road.

How one team fares against another team means absolutely nothing. It all about match ups. Michigan is tough to match up against because it isn't one guy you have to guard on the perimeter, it is 4 guys and all 4 guys can put the ball on the floor and when the defense collapses -- they kick it out to whatever guy is open on the perimeter. If the defense doesn't collapse -- they take it to the rim.

The team that will beat UM is the team who will commit to pounding the ball in the post and get the UM bigs in foul trouble. Does Kentucky have the personnel to do this? Yes. But so did Texas and Tennessee. Morgan and Horford aren't house hold names -- they weren't McDonald's All-Americans who will be playing in the NBA. They are hard nosed players, who have been with the program and know their role on the team and play it to perfection. They also happen to be the only Senior and the only Junior on the UM team, everyone else is a freshman and sophomore.

Tomorrow will be a great game to watch. Neither team is going to run away with it. Those who think having length on the wings is going to change UM's game plan haven't watched UM run their offense. Remember those bigs UM are going to have to deal with in the post -- They will have to try and guard the perimeter on the other end, giving UM an advantage.

Best of luck to both teams -- I just hope UM has a little more luck and head to their 2nd straight final four.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan could have one of those ridiculously hot games like they did against Florida last year.. But that kind of play still pisses me off. Why can't Beilein recruit more bigs..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why in the world do you continue to post about picking games? Who cares? Last year -- the huge NCAA bracket I've been in for the last 15 years, the winner was the 9 year old daughter of one of my buddies. You want to know how she picked the games? Based on the color of the jerseys.

College basketball is nothing but a crap shoot. That is what makes March Madness so unbelievably entertaining and so wildly popular.

If the team with the most high school talent won every game -- Duke would be playing Kentucky every year. Hell -- the #1 team in the country, Florida, doesn't even have a player who will be a 1st round pick in the NBA, but they play together, they play well on both ends and they run their coaches system to perfection.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan- hit 14 threes again, or more. Then let's see what happens. Cant wait to watch this game.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan- hit 14 threes again, or more. Then let's see what happens. Cant wait to watch this game.

They did it last year too.. It's pretty aggravating.. Reminds me of early Duke teams..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan could have one of those ridiculously hot games like they did against Florida last year.. But that kind of play still pisses me off. Why can't Beilein recruit more bigs..

He doesn't recruit a lot of bigs, because it isn't the type of system he runs for his team. We keep hearing about how teams will take advantage in the post, but because of the system Beilein runs, the other team is going to have a big trying to guard the perimeter creating a mismatch.

I love the system Beilein has put in at UM. Elite shooters want to play in the system, because they know they are going to get a lot of wide open looks. He recruits tall wings who can shoot the 3 and can put the ball on the floor. It makes the opposing decide what they want to do. They can collapse the defense when one of the wings drive to the basket, leaving a shooter open on the perimeter or let the wings drive to the rim for an easy look.

That is what makes UM such a tough match up for anyone they play and the reason why they can beat anyone in the country, as it isn't just one or two guys you have to stop. The only players without a green light from anywhere on the perimeter is the Center.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beilein's style will win too many titles.. Hope I'm wrong though..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan shot 40.6% from 3 point land on the year. Stauskas shot 45%, Walton shot 42%, Irvin shot 42%, LeVert shot 41%. Every one of these guys took at least 100 3 pointers on the year. Stauskus led the way with 201 3 point attempts.

GR III is another guy, who struggled mightily with his shot in the middle of the year, but finally found his confidence late. He has hit 4 of 8 from 3 point land in the tourney so far.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Robinson played up to his talent.. Michigan would have a shot to win it this year.. But he still hasn't..

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Michigan in this game, had them in the FF whether it was UK, Louisville or Witchita State.

Belien is a good coach who can get the job done, and when Levert, Grob and Staukas are playing the way they have the ability to do, they are just simply a tough team to beat. A lot of people bring up now they rely on the 3s so much and that'll be the death of them, etc. While I see that point they keep winning, they did it in the regular season playing that way, and they are doing it now. I've always rooted for UM outside of Cuse.

To the topic, I see what you mean about the lack of respect on the media but who gives a fuck about what the media talks about, they have always given Cuse a cold shoulder. The idiots still talk about FT shooting being a Cuses Achilles heal when we haven't had that issue in many many years. A lot of them might be educated in the game but that doesn't mean they necessarily talk educated, they need to be controversial and they need to pretend like each game is a toss up. Just the way it is. A 2 point underdog line is basically a pick em.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beilein's style will win too many titles.. Hope I'm wrong though..

I'd say it has been pretty successful since taking over UM's program. He has taken them from an afterthought to a team who tied for a Big Ten Title in 2012, would have tied for the Big Ten Title if the Morgan tip at the end of the last game of the season dropped, which unfortunately it didn't. They won the B1G title this year.

They went to the National Championship game last year, lost both of their guards to the NBA, then lost preseason all-american McGary for basically the whole season and he has them one game away from a 2nd straight final four.

While I agree -- it is tough to grasp how an offense that relies on outside shooting so much can be successful. I was very skeptical when he first took over. The thing that works so well for them is -- they aren't just throwing up 3's for the sake of shooting a 3. They run their offense until someone gets a wide open look. With the number of shooters he has on the floor they always seem to be able to find an open look for one of them. Also -- if one guy isn't hitting his shots -- they have 2 or 3 other guys who can pick up the slack.

The other thing about UM teams is the discipline they have. They take care of the ball, everyone is unselfish and buys into the system and they play solid defense without fouling too much. Every team Beilein coaches also is very good at the FT line. I think UM shoots 76% as a team, which is pretty damn good, couple that with averaging only 7 turnovers a game and UM has a lot of positives going for them.