• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephen Morris

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking simply in terms of play style. Moot point anyway. I think most third stringers at the most become adequate. I can't recall a single QB in the history of the NFL that was a 3rd string QB and would up becoming something special. Now I am only going by memory. I have nothing to support this claim.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner
Tony Romo

Good Points...no matter how long I thought about it I would have never come up with those two names. They also were undrafted.

Tony Romo followed the path of a developmental QB. He was kept on as a holder in 2004 and 2005. Became the backup in 2006 and eventually the starter that year. It appears Romo intrigued coaches with a good combine workout but still went undrafted. Was said that Sean Peyton tried to trade for him in 2006 offering a 3rd round pick but JJ would take no less than a second (if wikipedia has it correct)

Kurt Warner has to be one of the best NFL stories ever. He also went undrafted but played Arena football and NFL Europe. Once he got his shot the rest is history.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles reportedly kicked the tire on two other QBs....Josh Johnson and Thad Lewis....

I really don't think this is far from settled. Kelly is setting a high standard here and is looking for a guy that will replace Sanchez next year. Toward that end, I think he intends to kick every tire he can. Good for him. He is looking to do more than just fill a roster spot.