• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Steelers @ Patriots 8:30 ET on NBC

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....wow,.....name me one that was "the greatest".....Evah....?!

There shouldn't BE a greatest one evar. In fact, they ALL suck. Every last one that involves a live performer who can't just sing it straight. Don't take this personally just because it was Boston, that has nothing to do with it.

The Anthem is not an individual's moment to perform. Period.

I wish they would just play a canned orchestra version with no vocals. It's so out of hand with the "let's get a local performer that the crowd will enjoy" and "let's see if we can out-do that other city!"

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Roethlisberger was far from a legit reason why the Steelers lost the game. He played more than well enough for the Steelers to match the Patriots score for score. He cannot prevent a WR from inexplicably stepping out of bounds in the end zone on what should have been an easy TD or prevent an OL from false starting on 3rd and goal from inside the one.
What I said is not the same as saying he played poorly. He did miss some fairly easy (for him) throws though, you gotta admit. Other players could have performed better around him, totally agree with that. I just get tired of seeing so many overvalue the meaning of total passing yards.

-I would not be too quick to pencil the Patriots into the Super Bowl. Their defense looked every bit as bad as the Steelers' did, but their offense did not kill themselves in the redzone like the Steelers' offense did. I think the Ravens, Broncos and maybe even the Chiefs will prove to be better overall teams in the AFC.
Well, I'm only using pencil. If I were more confident, it would be ink!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at that game and it is tough to look at the defensive side of the ball for those two teams and see legit SB contenders this year.

The Steelers are an absolute trainwreck defensively and have no talent anywhere along that defense that is even close to above average (with most being far below average). Even if they make big strides this season that is going to be a well below average D. Just not being a bottom 5 defense would be a heck of an improvement.

The Pat's front 7 looked awful last night. I thought the new secondary actually held up OK all things considered.

How many Seattle fan's watched last nights game and wondered how a CB with atrocious ball skills like Butler got as lucky as he did in the SB to make one of the best INT's in NFL history? I thought Butler did an OK job of sticking with Brown....he just didn't make plays when he had a chance to get at the football.

But for as bad as those two defenses looked at times: it is hard to imagine either team missing the playoffs with as good as their offenses are. As a fan of a team who hasn't had a good QB in a couple years, it is sometimes just amazing to watch guys like Ben and Brady work. Two COMPLETELY different styles but both wildly effective. Watching Brady beat a defense for a 10 yard play before the ball is even snapped is like a throwback to Montana. And watching Ben, one of the most unique QB's in the history of the league, put balls into tiny, tiny windows while being hit and off balance is just nuts. I hope Steeler and Pat's fans realize just how good they got it right now with those two.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And boy did NE find a diamond in the rough with Dion Lewis. They will need to be REALLY careful with him as the season goes on with his injury history. Going to need to save some of those jukes and spins for the playoffs.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at that game and it is tough to look at the defensive side of the ball for those two teams and see legit SB contenders this year.

The Steelers are an absolute trainwreck defensively and have no talent anywhere along that defense that is even close to above average (with most being far below average). Even if they make big strides this season that is going to be a well below average D. Just not being a bottom 5 defense would be a heck of an improvement.

The Pat's front 7 looked awful last night. I thought the new secondary actually held up OK all things considered.

How many Seattle fan's watched last nights game and wondered how a CB with atrocious ball skills like Butler got as lucky as he did in the SB to make one of the best INT's in NFL history? I thought Butler did an OK job of sticking with Brown....he just didn't make plays when he had a chance to get at the football.

I think the potential for Butler is there to be good but we'll see. But it's way too early.
He could plateau just as easily.

But for as bad as those two defenses looked at times: it is hard to imagine either team missing the playoffs with as good as their offenses are. As a fan of a team who hasn't had a good QB in a couple years, it is sometimes just amazing to watch guys like Ben and Brady work. Two COMPLETELY different styles but both wildly effective. Watching Brady beat a defense for a 10 yard play before the ball is even snapped is like a throwback to Montana. And watching Ben, one of the most unique QB's in the history of the league, put balls into tiny, tiny windows while being hit and off balance is just nuts. I hope Steeler and Pat's fans realize just how good they got it right now with those two.

Oh yeah, we do. Ben missed mostly on the short pass plays but he's great at 40 yards bombs.

The thing with both these teams is that you'll know they get better.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There shouldn't BE a greatest one evar. In fact, they ALL suck. Every last one that involves a live performer who can't just sing it straight. Don't take this personally just because it was Boston, that has nothing to do with it.

The Anthem is not an individual's moment to perform. Period.

I wish they would just play a canned orchestra version with no vocals. It's so out of hand with the "let's get a local performer that the crowd will enjoy" and "let's see if we can out-do that other city!"
........I hear Caitlin Jenner will be singing it at the next SB......!?

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler's defense looked disorganized and a little overwhelmed. Pat's can do that to a team but in this case I really think it was just the defense doing it to themselves. Have to lock that up immediately otherwise they are in for a rough season. Thought after halftime that would have been tightened up but not particularly until the 4th quarter. Pat's offense looked good in the air, outside of a few breakout runs they were not that great on the ground.That number 33 looked awesome though(outside of the fumble) excited to see how his season goes. Steelers really gave that game away overall the missed field goals and lost opportunities in red zone. Pats defense looked very rough they also need a lot of work. Outside of a few plays Ben had all day in the pocket and williams tore them up. I think the game could have been much closer but imo pats would have potentially won anyways because Brady was tearing that disorganized defense apart and Steelers clock management was poor all game. So happy to see the season finally started.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the end of the year the Steelers might have to look back at their decision to run a trick play from the Pats 20 on first down when they had been moving the ball at will. 1st and 10 turns to 2nd and 18. Holding call makes it 2nd and 28. Then a missed field goal from 44 yards and they come away with no points. Terrible sequence that might cost them a post season appearance.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game last night. Trust me, I had a very hawt excuse. :nod:

Just saw the highlights and wow, if you don't love watching Gronk play, you don't love pussy. :eek: