• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Steelers @ Patriots 8:30 ET on NBC

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you picked the Steelers you got 6.5 points but lost by 7. That means you lost.
The jokes by the announcers were about not going for 2 point conversion......
Darn. I picked the Pats.

Wait. Wut? :yes:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here was my take on the game.

The Steelers defense is more or less a dumpster fire as most experts expected. How do you leave Gronk unguarded EVER?

Tom Brady is still a really good QB.

Antonio Brown is still a really good WR.

Gronk is still a really good TE.

Malcolm Butler got more or less torched. Brown had 9 catches on 10 targets for 133 yards. The TD was a garbage time TD but still Butler SHOULD have knocked the ball down.

The Steelers will need to score a lot to win.

The Patriots defense made dinosaur DeAngelo Williams look like a premier back. Leveon Bell would have had a field day today.

Steelers OL was pretty good tonight.

Bradley Fletcher was decent but had a couple of bad plays.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here was my take on the game.

The Steelers defense is more or less a dumpster fire as most experts expected. How do you leave Gronk unguarded EVER?

Tom Brady is still a really good QB.

Antonio Brown is still a really good WR.

Gronk is still a really good TE.

Malcolm Butler got more or less torched. Brown had 9 catches on 10 targets for 133 yards. The TD was a garbage time TD but still Butler SHOULD have knocked the ball down.

The Steelers will need to score a lot to win.

The Patriots defense made dinosaur DeAngelo Williams look like a premier back. Leveon Bell would have had a field day today.

Steelers OL was pretty good tonight.

Bradley Fletcher was decent but had a couple of bad plays.
Sounds about right......

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on what I saw:

- Steelers D is pretty lame and probably is so bad they cannot be a legit SB contender
- Fat Ben missed some throws against a secondary that should've been beatable, but he had 350 yards so simpletons will be impressed
- let's just fast forward already to Seattle v NE in SB50

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game but have it TIVOed.

Sounds like pretty much what we expected.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game but have it TIVOed.

Sounds like pretty much what we expected.

What I didn't expect is seeing DeAngelo Hall running so well. That boy still has some gas left in the tank.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on what I saw:

- Steelers D is pretty lame and probably is so bad they cannot be a legit SB contender
- Fat Ben missed some throws against a secondary that should've been beatable, but he had 350 yards so simpletons will be impressed
- let's just fast forward already to Seattle v NE in SB50

-Roethlisberger was far from a legit reason why the Steelers lost the game. He played more than well enough for the Steelers to match the Patriots score for score. He cannot prevent a WR from inexplicably stepping out of bounds in the end zone on what should have been an easy TD or prevent an OL from false starting on 3rd and goal from inside the one.

-I would not be too quick to pencil the Patriots into the Super Bowl. Their defense looked every bit as bad as the Steelers' did, but their offense did not kill themselves in the redzone like the Steelers' offense did. I think the Ravens, Broncos and maybe even the Chiefs will prove to be better overall teams in the AFC.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Roethlisberger was far from a legit reason why the Steelers lost the game. He played more than well enough for the Steelers to match the Patriots score for score. He cannot prevent a WR from inexplicably stepping out of bounds in the end zone on what should have been an easy TD or prevent an OL from false starting on 3rd and goal from inside the one.

-I would not be too quick to pencil the Patriots into the Super Bowl. Their defense looked every bit as bad as the Steelers' did, but their offense did not kill themselves in the redzone like the Steelers' offense did. I think the Ravens, Broncos and maybe even the Chiefs will prove to be better overall teams in the AFC.
.....it was just one game (the first) for both teams,......we usually start off slow in September anyways......we were 2-2/last year and the sky was falling in September,......we let your team back in the game in the 2nd half,...lotta mistakes by both teams last night.......don't fret.