• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Steelers @ Patriots 8:30 ET on NBC

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Bell and Bryant there aren't too many options for the Steelers on offense. I think New England wins this one.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope the Patriots OL holds up!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncey down for the year and Bell/Bryant suspended... I don't think the offense is gonna click that well just yet. All hope is not lost since DeAngelo Williams can do some things, but not sure I see it. Pats meanwhile should dink/dunk their way to victory plus home field advantage coming off a SBOWL win, it'll be loud in NE.

Offenses for the most part always seem to start a little slow into the season... I think we'll see like a 17-13 Pats victory.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have made this a "game thread". Also should have asked whether it is possible for the league to begin the season by matching two more despicable teams.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Tech @ Western KY > Steelers @ Pats?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offenses for the most part always seem to start a little slow into the season... I think we'll see like a 17-13 Pats victory.

That is normally true but these are two bad defenses that are going against two good offenses.

There isn't a higher O/U this week other than the Phi/Atl matchup this week.

I think the Pat's will win...by a lot. 38-17. That Pitt D really looks like it might be one of the worst units in the league this year. And without Bell to help control the clock and limit the opposing team's offensive opportunities this week, they could really get exposed this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Bell and Bryant there aren't too many options for the Steelers on offense. I think New England wins this one.

I took PIT +6.5 expecting them to lose but cover...at the same time it would not surprise me to see them win outright.

NE lost their starting C to IR like yesterday, supposed to be a wet, slow track tonight.

For PIT...OFC should be okay w/o Bell/Bryant...WR...Brown, Wheaton, DHB and the rookie Coates will probably get a few of the RZ targets that Bryant would've gotten...RB...DeAngelo Williams has looked good in camp should not be a huge drop off and they picked up a nice backup in Jordan Todman off waivers.

It's the DEF that has me the most concerned...S play has been shitty at best.

Reactions: gb2

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took PIT +6.5 expecting them to lose but cover...at the same time it would not surprise me to see them win outright.

NE lost their starting C to IR like yesterday, supposed to be a wet, slow track tonight.

For PIT...OFC should be okay w/o Bell/Bryant...WR...Brown, Wheaton, DHB and the rookie Coates will probably get a few of the RZ targets that Bryant would've gotten...RB...DeAngelo Williams has looked good in camp should not be a huge drop off and they picked up a nice backup in Jordan Todman off waivers.

It's the DEF that has me the most concerned...S play has been shitty at best.

BR and AB are going to go off tonight. Ben will be at his best extending plays and Patriots' DBs are going to be slipping and sliding everywhere trying to keep up with Brown.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is normally true but these are two bad defenses that are going against two good offenses.

There isn't a higher O/U this week other than the Phi/Atl matchup this week.

I think the Pat's will win...by a lot. 38-17. That Pitt D really looks like it might be one of the worst units in the league this year. And without Bell to help control the clock and limit the opposing team's offensive opportunities this week, they could really get exposed this week.

Steeler D...Idk how much of the starters you saw in preseason (they barely played a full qtr as a unit in 5 games)...but I'm very concerned about the CB/S play...if Brady is sitting back there with no pressure...it might be worse than 38-17, but rainy night...I doubt either team gets 30 pts.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BR and AB are going to go off tonight. Ben will be at his best extending plays and Patriots' DBs are going to be slipping and sliding everywhere trying to keep up with Brown.

I hope you're right...I do expect Ben to play well and I think people will be surprised with DeAngelo Williams...he has something left.

Would love to see Butler man up on the WRs and go after Brady, but I'm not sure he will do that...at least not on a regular basis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not too many options? So the top receiver in the league last year or Markus Wheaton who showed some signs of promise last year. They also have Heath Miller who has been a very consistent TE for them for a few years now. What does New England have at this time? They have Gronk. Edelman has been hurt so no telling what level he can play at. Blount is suspended for this one so at RB they are a huge question mark just like the Steelers. Now realize I still pick NE to win this one but both teams are lacking in weapons right now or have pretty equal weapons in my opinion.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncey down for the year and Bell/Bryant suspended... I don't think the offense is gonna click that well just yet. All hope is not lost since DeAngelo Williams can do some things, but not sure I see it. Pats meanwhile should dink/dunk their way to victory plus home field advantage coming off a SBOWL win, it'll be loud in NE.

Pats have a RB sitting out on suspension as well and will be putting mostly unheard of guys back there. And the Pats center is on concussions protocol and isn't playing this game. They will either start a rookie or the other guy they put out in their last preseason game that looked horrible. So running game against the Steelers front? Not likely. Pats secondary is also a work in progress and that's being generous.

Both teams have similar weaknesses going into this game. Only reason to take the Pats is its at home and in a game where both teams are going to have to use a short passing game to cover up for bad lines and no running game you have to take the great cheater over the rapist. They will both get their yards and there will be some long passes completed by both.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too many options? So the top receiver in the league last year or Markus Wheaton who showed some signs of promise last year. They also have Heath Miller who has been a very consistent TE for them for a few years now. What does New England have at this time? They have Gronk. Edelman has been hurt so no telling what level he can play at. Blount is suspended for this one so at RB they are a huge question mark just like the Steelers. Now realize I still pick NE to win this one but both teams are lacking in weapons right now or have pretty equal weapons in my opinion.

You left out Chandler at TE. The red zone is going to be a scary place for defenses when he and Gronk are on the field at the same time.