• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Steelers @ Patriots 8:30 ET on NBC

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As interesting as real NFL football games that matter again are, the other thing to keep people tuned in is what kind of angst would be released by the fans if the Pats carry any kind of lead late. Chants of ROGER? I'm sure they will be lashing out at the NFL in some way. I mean we all know most of their base has their heads buried in the sand on all this cheating and are just waiting to let the league know how they feel.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As interesting as real NFL football games that matter again are, the other thing to keep people tuned in is what kind of angst would be released by the fans if the Pats carry any kind of lead late. Chants of ROGER? I'm sure they will be lashing out at the NFL in some way. I mean we all know most of their base has their heads buried in the sand on all this cheating and are just waiting to let the league know how they feel.

We're still waiting for people like yourself to bring forth any actual tangible proof they cheated. My guess is we will all be dead and gone by then since none exists.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no shock that one of the prime ostriches speaks within seconds. :L

Can't wait to see what the ones at the game will do if they get a lead. It could be juicy.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're still waiting for people like yourself to bring forth any actual tangible proof they cheated. My guess is we will all be dead and gone by then since none exists.

It's a stalemate. We're still waiting for people like yourself to develop some common sense. We'll both be dead and gone by the time either happens.

:suds:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy that Butler interception really stung some some of you in the ass. Ouch!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out Chandler at TE. The red zone is going to be a scary place for defenses when he and Gronk are on the field at the same time.

We shall see. Chandler obviously has never played with a QB as good as Brady but so far in Chandler's career he hasn't done a ton. He has been an above average TE in my opinion. Not terrible but not great either.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. Chandler obviously has never played with a QB as good as Brady but so far in Chandler's career he hasn't done a ton. He has been an above average TE in my opinion. Not terrible but not great either.

He's always been a problem for the Patriots which is definitely one way Belichick evaluates talent. It doesn't always work but that's how we traded for Welker. Chandler has looked good in the preseason. He can catch the ball. I think he is going to be very useful in a 2 TE set with Gronk. No Hernandez but then he hasn't killed anyone so that's a plus.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's always been a problem for the Patriots which is definitely one way Belichick evaluates talent. It doesn't always work but that's how we traded for Welker. Chandler has looked good in the preseason. He can catch the ball. I think he is going to be very useful in a 2 TE set with Gronk. No Hernandez but then he hasn't killed anyone so that's a plus.

I'm not saying he can't be a weapon for you guys. I'm saying so far in his career he has proven to be an average to above average TE. Which honestly for a #2 TE is good to have for a team that I think will want to run a lot of 2 TE sets. I don't see him lighting things up to the tune of 800 yards a 10 touchdowns though. I see him about that 600 yards with 5-7 touchdown type season which isn't terrible by any means just not the top-5 or 10 TE level.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy that Butler interception really stung some some of you in the ass. Ouch!
:lol:

Reading isn't a strong thing for you is it?

I said I'd take the Pats to win and gave a decent breakdown of the problems/strengths on both sides. Yeah, that sounds entirely butthurt doesn't it?:L I further say this could be more interesting than simply just having real football back if the Pats get ahead because of how the fans will give the business to the league over their pent up anger. Yeah, that has something to do with the SB too right? :L

Dumb poster is dumb.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, WHawk really got stung. Ouch!!!

I'm sorry you're so angry.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Not surprised that a Pats fan got that out of it. Seems your base isn't so good at logic or understanding facts.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler D...Idk how much of the starters you saw in preseason (they barely played a full qtr as a unit in 5 games)...but I'm very concerned about the CB/S play...if Brady is sitting back there with no pressure...it might be worse than 38-17, but rainy night...I doubt either team gets 30 pts.

Boy I didn't even look into the weather. Now I am going to have to pay attention up to game time to the radar. Don't want to start Brady in my FF league if it is going to be a complete soaker.

We all know Brady will have a little more difficulty than normal in rough weather coming up now that he can't have his lackey's stick needles in the football.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took PIT +6.5 expecting them to lose but cover...at the same time it would not surprise me to see them win outright.

NE lost their starting C to IR like yesterday, supposed to be a wet, slow track tonight.

For PIT...OFC should be okay w/o Bell/Bryant...WR...Brown, Wheaton, DHB and the rookie Coates will probably get a few of the RZ targets that Bryant would've gotten...RB...DeAngelo Williams has looked good in camp should not be a huge drop off and they picked up a nice backup in Jordan Todman off waivers.

It's the DEF that has me the most concerned...S play has been shitty at best.
Wheaton might be okay, Williams is over the hill, and DHB isn't any good at all. I agree that the defense is the thing to be concerned about but both teams should be concerned about that.

Not too many options? So the top receiver in the league last year or Markus Wheaton who showed some signs of promise last year. They also have Heath Miller who has been a very consistent TE for them for a few years now. What does New England have at this time? They have Gronk. Edelman has been hurt so no telling what level he can play at. Blount is suspended for this one so at RB they are a huge question mark just like the Steelers. Now realize I still pick NE to win this one but both teams are lacking in weapons right now or have pretty equal weapons in my opinion.
The only dangerous weapon you listed was Brown. Outside of that it is anybody's guess who steps up to fill in the void.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheaton might be okay, Williams is over the hill, and DHB isn't any good at all. I agree that the defense is the thing to be concerned about but both teams should be concerned about that.

The only dangerous weapon you listed was Brown. Outside of that it is anybody's guess who steps up to fill in the void.

Wheaton needs to be better than just okay or I have swung and missed badly for this season projection...he got "demoted" to slot with the emergence of Bryant, but I thought before the suspension he would have more targets/yds than Bryant but fewer TDs. Much better route runner than Bryant and Ben trusts him a lot more now. We'll see how he does tonight...if they were going against NE CBs from LY...I might lean more towards NE in this one.

Williams...as a 16 game starter, you're right but from what I've seen, he's not finished as a 15-20 touch a game player for 3 games...still has some burst/wiggle...hopefully he makes it through the season w/o injury.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is Heath Miller not a weapon? He did just fine last year even with some injury issues. He is fully healthy so should be a nice target for Roethlisberger.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that we can analyze this game left and right and you can't really rule out any of the four things that can happen.

Pats win in a blowout
Pats win close
Steelers win close
Steelers win in a blowout

Even though I'd call #4 the least likely, any of them can happen. That's what makes this game the greatest.